It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion Doctor George Tiller Reportedly Killed at Church

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
A shame I signed a petition for the abortion period to be lowered in the United Kingdom. Yeah, I know, I've made you looked stupid but hey

OMG, you signed a petition!!! WoW!!!

WhatTheory, I'm sure Jesus won't be too upset and will forgive you.

Forgive me?
For what?
Let's see....I don't think it was ok for the doctor to be killed and I don't think it is ok for the doctor to kill innocent babies. Please tell me with all your wisdom why Jesus would be upset. Good grief, you make no sense man!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
Your argument holds no water.

You are entitled to your wrong opinion.

If you assume that you have the right to punish "mothers" for misdeeds....including legal and prescription drugs that can do just as much damage to a fetus as crack

First of all, how you get to 'punishing mothers' I will never know. Secondly, I'm glad to see you used the term "misdeeds" because the majority of abortions are because of misdeeds unrelated to the health of the baby or the mother.

also must concede that abortions have potentially prevented the birth of violent criminals and future Madoffs. You can't play the piano on one side.

Perhaps you should at least try and play the piano because that must be the most ridiculous statement I've read in a long time.

So you are saying that violent criminals and stock market thieves are the result of crack head mothers not being able to abort their babies.
That is some crazy stuff right there. Using your logic, how is it that we do have violent criminals and "Madoffs" since they CAN currently get these late term abortions? Your point...MOOT, NULL and VOID.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by RRconservative

If it turns out he was murdered by an anti abortionist, no proof of that as yet... but the question will be, how does this make the murderer any better than the doctor he/she murdered? Not a whole hell of a lot, to my mind...

Karma's real. Indeed. So is hypocrisy.

err if hitler had been shot in 1932, 6 million jews, countless numbers of others would have been saved.........

Morn the death of all the babies murdered by this animal...........let God judge him now.

Murder is still wrong. Be it one of such evil or the thousands he murdered...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Comparing a doctor who performs abortions to Hitler? I hope you realize how that fallacious argument is not clever, nor is it original. Look up "Godwin's Law".

Tiller aborted fetuses, not murdered babies. Please realize the differences. Also, dehumanizing (calling him an "animal") someone because of something you don't agree with is very Christian of you. However, you are right that murder is wrong. Tiller murdered no-one, he was murdered himself, likely by some vigilante religious extremist.

[edit on 5/31/2009 by Epic Wolf]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Once again, I don't get how people can control each other's wombs.

Seriously church and government, seriously.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

That particular doctor brags about his “expertise” in doing third trimester abortions. He has publicly stated that he does them up to 8 1/2 months of pregnancy for any reason. If the Operation Rescue people can keep these pregnant mothers out of the hands of George Tiller for a few more days, these women may actually go into labor and deliver their full term, healthy babies.
Dr. Tiller states himself that he does 600 of these third trimester abortions per year. That amounts to 10 per week. These babies are in their 7th, 8th and 9th months of development. Were these children to be born, at the time of their otherwise scheduled abortion, they would stand an excellent chance of survival outside the womb. Dealing with the bodies of all these aborted children can be quite a problem. That is why Dr. Tiller has installed an incinerator into his abortion center – to burn the bodies of these babies.

www.forerunner.com...

This was infanticide. Don't know how the guy got his and don't care. Good riddance!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Sorry, but you using the term "guarantee" reaffirms for me that you don't know anything. If you want to make excuses becuase it helps you sleep better at night then go for it but unless the mothers health is in danger, abortion is murder.

Secondly, using your example, you prove my point about the morals of some mothers. So you are saying that just because a mother is a heavy drug user it is ok for her to murder a baby. That is some backwards logic if I have ever heard it.

Who are you to judge the morals of another person? You and your kind distort the very word of God that you claim to follow.

I'm sure I already know the answer to this question but have you ever thought through your claim that abortion is murder? From a legal standpoint? I've never met an alleged, "pro lifer" who has even attempted to do this intellectual exercise but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

If you are going to classify abortion as murder, then you have to assign human status to the fetus at the point of conception. Think about that for a moment? Every miscarriage would require an autopsy. A mother to be would be held LEGALLY accountable for any behavior that could be construed as injurious to her unborn baby...and that is only the beginning.

I despise people like you because you want only to impose your morals on the rest of the world. You aren't interested in reducing the number of abortions because if you were you'd be as interested in education as you are in applauding murderous scum.

I am a Christian. I pray that we could stop every single abortion. I also pray that both sides of this issues, especially the extreme right and extreme left would find common ground to start finding ways to reduce unwanted pregnancies, provide support and assistance for those who decide to carry the babies to term, better, more intellectually honest sex education, better education of the potential risks (medical and emotional) of abortion among other things...

Instead, those on the far left view any attempts at providing honest pre-abortion counseling as an attack on rights and you on the far right are happier demonizing pregnant women and murdering doctors.

Both extreme ends of this argument will rot in hell someday.

I'm convinced of it.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I don't agree with late term abortions (In general I just don't care about the subject at all!)

But if every moron with a gun thought they had the right to kill someone that they thought committed a crime, then we would have a lot of dead people.

You don't have the right to walk around shooting everyone you think has done something wrong.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
As a pro-life Christian let me utterly condemn this action and any such vigilante actions. This doctor was a person with a family and people who loved him and I pray for their consolation at this time.

The perpetrator did not act in my name or in the name of those who are pro-life.

There are no circumstances in which murder, which this was, may be justified.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I hate human beings.

This is awful.

You don't see pro-choicers going and shooting church workers.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
www.forerunner.com...

This was infanticide. Don't know how the guy got his and don't care. Good riddance!

Well, quoting a religiously biased site as research doesn't make your argument any more believeable!

But I'ld like to quote the Holy Bible for all anti-choice Christians who accepted this murder:

Exodus 20:13

Thou shalt not kill.

Matthew 5

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies,[...]do good to them that hate you, and pray for them[...]

And while we're at it:
Matthew 7:1

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

That also includes, the mothers who (for whatever reason) decide to make the most horrible decision of their lives and the doctors whose job it is to do this horrible job.

Oh and because I'm in the mood, I'll remind every christian here of John chapter 13:

34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

This means, that if 'all men' can't see that you're loving you're not his disciple! full stop!!!

Love and blessings to all, even the hypocrites

Samuel

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

So in order to fight evil, you commit an evil act? Are you even listening to yourself?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Who are you to judge the morals of another person? You and your kind distort the very word of God that you claim to follow.

Another knee-jerk reactionist.

I am not judging anyone's morals. This is your twisted logic attempting to justify the murder of innocent little defensless babies.

All I am saying is that IMO, killing innocent babies is wrong. Why would a woman who does not want a child allow herself to get pregnant only to abort the baby. Don't start spewing your talking points about the health of the baby or mother because those are a tiny portion of abortions. The majority of abortions are done because the woman could not keep her legs closed or was to drunk or drugged to know any better. A womans inability to make a sound decision is no reason to murder a innocent little defenseless baby.

As to your other lame point, I am not a religious person. While I was raised as a Catholic, I unfortunately don't currently practice the religion and reluctantly only go to church on a rare occassion when forced by my wife. So again you have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The hypocrisy of the so-called 'pro-life' movement astounds and disgusts me to my core. Even today, in 2009, already well into the 21st century, fundamentalist nutjobs are still willing to murder to make a political point.

I'm glad to see that at least one of the big 'pro life' groups has come out in opposition to this killing.

In a Church no less, for Christ sake. You champion the lives of children, and yet you gun a man down in front of them.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Supercertari
As a pro-life Christian let me utterly condemn this action and any such vigilante actions. This doctor was a person with a family and people who loved him and I pray for their consolation at this time.

The perpetrator did not act in my name or in the name of those who are pro-life. [...]

My respect, for that post, I'ld like to shorten it, but I think every word was wisely chosen and even if I don't agree with anti-choice
, I applaud that post! I also agree for being for life, but there are circumstances, when all else fails (including prayers and counseling) when you have to be pro-choice. IMO

[...]There are no circumstances in which murder, which this was, may be justified.[...]
This sentence is definitely worth a discussion in another thread...

Samuel

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Murder because a woman could not keep her legs closed knowing that she did not want a baby. Pathetic and sad.

Takes TWO to make a baby. What about the guy that couldn't help sticking it inbetween those legs KNOWING that the woman probably did not want to have a baby???

What about him? Oh wait, men have nothing to do with this whole pregnancy thing. I forgot.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
The hypocrisy of the so-called 'pro-life' movement astounds and disgusts me to my core.

How is it hypocrisy when most who are pro-life don't approve of the killing of the doctor? Again, another knee-jerk reactionist who spews talking points instead of thinking for themselves.

What is actual hypocrisy is the so-called 'pro-choice' movement who does not have a problem killing an unborn innocent defensless baby yet will scream and whine like a little girl protesting the death penalty or innocent civilian deaths in war.
Now that is astounding and disgusting!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I personnally am torn when it comes to the abortion argument. I for one think its murder, and that the reprucusions to the mothers that could have been last years. Thats one of the reasons why the woman in Roe Vs Wade is now anti-abortion.

This being said, I personnally feel that abortion needs to be a STATE issue, not a federal one. I am against it, and to be honest Late term abortions is outright disgusting and reprehensible, BUT, I as an individual should not force my views on others. Because of this, Abortion should be allowed, so that a person should have the choice, and live with it.

While I think its disgusting, its a necessary evil. Most woman that have abortions are not sound in the mind, there desperate for whatever reason, and because of this, have the abortion. Once a woman has one, the chances of having another child carried to full term are GREATLY reduced. Many woman who have an abortion can never have kids again. Because of this, they are eliminating there genes voluntarily from the gene pool. Its basically a method of sterilization without the poor realizing it.

Additionally, the majority of people that have abortions, are the poor. By them having abortions, they are allowing us to hold our taxes at a lower rate, because we don't have to support them, or there childs health care.

Realistically, our society needs the choice, and will always need the choice, its up to us though to find the reasons why woman feel they need to have abortions, and stop the reasons. Thats the best method of stopping abortions. Outlawing outright does nothing but drive it underground. Woman will still have abortions, just they won't be in clinics.

I think most people fail to see all the issues that surround abortion. I recommend researching them all.

Just my 2 cents,

Camain

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aldolas

Shouldn't Christians not accept ANY murder?

Oh wait, that was in the Bible, but not the important parts about abortion.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Supercertari

The perpetrator did not act in my name or in the name of those who are pro-life.

There are no circumstances in which murder, which this was, may be justified.

Thanks for this post. In all honestly, it really reaffirmed my faith in humanity and the pro-life crowd after some of the tripe frothed about in this thread thus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join