It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohawk Warriors vow to storm border post

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I still think this is masking the truth. It's all about dollars and lot's of them from smuggling. I've witnessed it first hand from the land and sea. Everyone knows about it and it's illegal. It's also a border with another country that we have treaties with. Terrorism is a real threat. I don't agree with racial profiling at all. However, we must secure our border. If you're acting suspiciously then you get what you get. I know that power gets abused but we have to have a secure border. We need to work together.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
I tend to believe the Native's story reporting, especially after the "arrests" they executed yesterday, 90.000 soldiers ready to go in there. I don't by it.

As for Harper he sold out a while ago...We are in big trouble and I feel this is the beginning of the end for all of us.

It's not reporting.

Harper was in a room with some developers. Harper must be planning to sell Indian land to developers.

Layton and Ignatieff were in the same room. Is it collusion?

Does not dignify further analysis.

Total agenda driven BS

M

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
There are many hard luck stories from the Mohawks of Akwesasne, the Canadian city of Cornwell, and the US city of Massena, NY, caused by the closing of the international bridge by the Canadians.

The Mohawk tribal council has tried repeatedly to sit down with the Minister of Public Safety, Peter van Loan, and Canada Border Service Agency President, Stephen Rigby for talks to find some way of ending the dispute of having armed Canadian Border guards on tribal land.

According to the Watertown Times article source, also published in the North Country Now newspaper, a recent press release indicated

It is also contrary to the mandate of the Canada Border Services Agency to facilitate the free flow of persons and goods through the port of entry."

β€œThe tribal government on the Canadian side of the Mohawk reservation announced Friday that it plans to take Minister of Public Safety Peter van Loan and Canada Border Service Agency President Stephen Rigby to court to end the stalemate that has had the bridge closed since May 31.”

Watertown Daily Times

I am personally experiencing some of the fall out of having the Seaway International Bridge closed. Living this close to the bridge for many years with the back and forth of American and Canadian relatives, friends and tourists, it is very sad to see this relationship broken.

I pray that we will see the end of this stalemate for the good of all concerned. The Cornwall Chamber of Commerce has launched a Web site β€” www.openourborder.com β€” where people can send letters to Canadian and American politicians to urge them to get involved in resolving the issue.

Mahree

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The bridge is re-opened for now with a temporary Canada Customs at the North side of the bridge, off the native land. I drove through it yesterday, without going to the states. I went to the island to pick up some tobacco and came back, and had to go through the new customs thing. Sort of weird having to go through customs even though you don't leave the country! They shouldn't have any reason to stop anyone who doesn't leave Canada, but they are anyway.

www.standard-freeholder.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join