It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohawk Warriors vow to storm border post

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
me attackum border post, pale face!

I can't believe how racist the indians are acting. This is basically some time of genocide. They are only attacking Canadians?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JWash
Ah man, I thought they were smugglin' booze and weed (smoke)... Who cares about cigarettes, thats bad for you anyways!! They're doing you all a favor...

On a serious note though, I hope you do know that Native's use tobacco for almost ALL their ceremonies... i.e: healing ceremonies, sundances, inipi ceremonies, prayer ties, etc...

When I was living down in South America one big discovery was that wild tobacco is really a potent psychotropic. Not the kind of domesticated packaged stuff bred for other qualities we see commercially. I imagine it was used for special highs and ceremonial purpose in a culture that attaches importance to it's visionary experiences.

I wonder if the original source stuff still circulates somehow in North America.

Mike

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOhereNOW

Nice stereotype!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Nice stereotype!

As if an Indian attack on an outpost isn't stereotypical enough!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I can't seem to find who asked this question but thank you in advance to whoever did...

The question that someone asked was: "What are the border patrol's gun policy? Under what circumstances are they supposed to be able to use their firearms?"

That would be me. And the ceremonial use of tobacco is of course, a far cry from smuggling tax free or counterfeit smokes.

I see where some posters are confused as to the original issue...it is not a matter of the Canadian Border Service Agency taking on the Mohawks, it is the fact that they are commencing to wear side-arms, and the Mohawks are questioning the legality of that action at crossings on Mohawk land which saddles the border.

Originally posted by mmiichael
When I was living down in South America one big discovery was that wild tobacco is really a potent psychotropic...I wonder if the original source stuff still circulates somehow in North America.

Tell you what...quit smoking for a couple of years and then suck back a cigar. Works for me!

[edit on 1-6-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

I'm not sure, I wouldn't put it passed me. We've introduced it (tobacco) to the settlers back in the day...

I would love to visity S.America someday. They have all sorts of holistic plants that can cure ALOT of ailments... Take the AYAHUASCA: SORCERER'S BREW for instance. That is supposed to have some serious "visionary" properties... Sorry, I forgot how to spell that word that you used. haha

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Well then don't put one THERE!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Well then don't put one THERE!!!

Exactly! Fire burns and Indians storm outposts!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

If thats so, how many Native's do you know that burn outposts on a constant basis, which qualifies them to be put into "your" column of stereotypes? And if do - I would love to know the tribe/nation...

Also since 2008 the Mohawks have been dealing w/ them PEACEFULLY and in a legislative manner... Once you read the article sources, you'll see that they're dealing w/ the Border Patrol in a peaceful manner by NOT USING VIOLENCE TO GET RID OF GUNS. Go back and read the article sources... again if necessary!

Sidenote: With that original stereotypical comment from you earlier, I ask you "What does that have to do with this topic? And how does it contribute to our discussions?" I don't remember reading anywhere that Native's are burning outposts.... Did you?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

If thats so, how many Native's do you know that burn outposts on a constant basis, which qualifies them to be put into "your" column of stereotypes? And if do - I would love to know the tribe/nation...

Also since 2008 the Mohawks have been dealing w/ them PEACEFULLY and in a legislative manner... Once you read the article sources, you'll see that they're dealing w/ the Border Patrol in a peaceful manner by NOT USING VIOLENCE TO GET RID OF GUNS. Go back and read the article sources... again if necessary!

Sidenote: With that original stereotypical comment from you earlier, I ask you "What does that have to do with this topic? And how does it contribute to our discussions?" I don't remember reading anywhere that Native's are burning outposts.... Did you?

Indians have historically attacked frontier outposts. Don't you read history?

I don't care if they HAVE BEEN dealing with them peacefully. They are threatening to attack another outpost. No surprise.

It's not a stereotype to say Japanese eat Sushi, or to say Indians attack outposts. I've lived in Japan and there are Sushi restaurants all over the place. I read history and there are Indians attacking outposts all over the place.

They have done it historically, and they are doing it again!

Are you saying that Indians have not historically attacked outposts? Or are you saying that they aren't threatening to do it again?

A quick google search should bring up a plethora of Indian attacks on outposts. They raided the encroaching expansion of the white men for years upon years.

Now, they are doing it again.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Only problem is they didn't travel thousands of miles in order to initiate an attack. It would be the equivalent of your neighbor building a shed and pool in your back yard, and then you tearing it down.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Go, Mohawks!

First, understand that Canadians and Americans are guilty of genocide and culturcide. Not suspected: guilty. And they are oathbreakers: neither truly abides by the "sovereign nation" model that excuses their centuries-long occupation of what little they left the original inhabitants and owners, if owners there must be, of the lands they despoiled.

Second, if the fiction of sovereignity is to be maintained, then it is not "smuggling", it's free trade.

Third, no "sovereign" nation allows armed members of the police or military of a foreign power to establish a post upon their territory absent a treaty defining circumstances, powers, and term.

As a Chiricahua Apache, I know full well the duplicity and full measure of untrustworthiness of these Euro-American governments: rather than the negotiated reservation we thought was the price of peace, we were deported (yes, that's ethnic cleansing) and confined in unhealthy climates with the express intent of letting us die out (genocide). Canada did similar things.

To you Canadians and Americans who think the Mohawk are over-reacting or that Canada has a right to dictate anything whatsoever to a supposedly sovereign nation: upon what do you base this right?

If you base it upon the right of conquest, then there exists the right, nay, the DUTY, of the conquered to throw off their oppressor by any and all means.

If you base it on anything else, you are deluding yourself. You can't claim to love freedom while occupying land conquered by force and whose original people are held in subjugation by the government you elected and support through your taxes.

Go, Mohawks!

Protect your people, protect your lands, protect your rights, no matter the cost.

This Apache understands, and offers full support.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
...and the standoff gets dicier by the minute:

Akwesasne residents are not being allowed back onto the reserve from the U.S. side but they can walk back through a roadblock set up by Cornwall Police. Natives are arranging for friends to drive to the roadblock to pick up and drop off friends and family rather than walk the 2 kilometre length of the bridge from Cornwall to the reserve.

Joe Sny, a warrior on the reserve, said warriors are being recruited in the community in the event they are needed to “defend” the community.

“This isn’t over.”

He said warriors have set up outposts at the edge of their community to warn an any police action.

www.ottawacitizen.com...

How this is all going to play out is frightening for two reasons. One is that neither the Warriors nor the feds are going to back off anytime soon. The second is that this is an international crisis between Canada and America. Support for the Warriors will flow into the area from both countries and two federal governments, both extremely concerned over border security, will match that growing support.

This in my opinion only and, as yet, unsubstantiated, but it's also my opinion that frustrations have been building for some time now and the issue at hand is extremely polarizing.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOhereNOW

Nice stereotype!

I'm sorry but that one kind of made me laugh. No offense to anyone, but kudos for quick wit. We gotta laugh in life and not take things to seriously. Everyone worldwide needs to chill out, enjoy life.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
...and the standoff gets dicier by the minute:
...neither the Warriors nor the feds are going to back off anytime soon

Then let's hope that Steve does a better job than Mike "Get the #ing Indians out of the park" Harris did!

...or the SQ

Edit to say, yes, I know he's a Van Doo, but the hindsight of history cites the Sûreté du Québec as letting it get so far out of hand.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I wish more Americans would have half the sack these guys do..

Right or wrong there standing up for what they think is right..

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Im still of the opinion that it is the Mohawk land and they were parceled out this land by treaty to be their country to use and to govern as they see fit.

If they don't want government troops in their country that is their sovereign right as a nation.

I still say the solution is to have the Mohawk put up their own checkpoints. Run by Mohawk as their tribal law dictates.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOhereNOW

Nice stereotype!

I love your(Chris Cunningham) avatar, but I reject your attitude on this topic, maybe you should take the time and watch this video

Google Video Link

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Thanks for posting that video, and thanks to those who take the time to watch it.

Sadly, it's a tale told many times all over this continent.

To try to make people understand, I like to tell this story:

My great-grandmother once lived in a small house in a land of great beauty, with my great-grandfather, surrounded by her kin and friends, sustaining herself and her family by sharing with the forest and mountains, taking from them, giving back, trying to walk in balance and beauty.

One day strangers came, tired, footsore, hungry, and lost. She welcomed them, fed them, clothed them. When they had rested and recovered, they looked around, and said "pretty nice place here". Soon they were back with [u]your greatgrandfather and asked for a bit of space to share the beauty, which was freely granted. Pretty soon, they said they needed more room, could they move into the house? Again this was granted, with misgivings. Soon they came back and said "this house is too crowded: you must move out, because my friends are moving in." Now this was too much, and my great-greatmother and great-grandfather and their kin fought with the your great-grandfather and the other strangers, but they were too many, too strong, and too ruthless to be stopped: they paid each other for the scalps of our children (true: $5), our women ($10), and our men ($20). We fought and fought, but lost.

You now live in my great-grandmothers house.

There's not much I can do about that.

But in the conflict, a treasure was left behind, priceless to me, but I don't know how you value it.

I'd like to have it back now, if you can bring yourself to part with it.

Our freedom.

My freedom, and the freedom of my people, all of them, descendants of those who welcomed and fed your ancestors, who deserved better from them, and better from you.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

And the Native people are getting it. They are sqaundering the opportunities that are available. It's never enough, considering we spend $13 Billion on Native Affairs/year. I think the Native community has to accept responsibility for their waste of the money given to them to help them get a better life. My sister taught High School on a Cree reserve on James Bay for 5 years. She saw 1st hand the corruption. THere was never any money to fix the school or buy supplies. However, when the band got their money for the year the Chief always got new snowmobiles, 4 wheelers and a 4 x 4 pickup. And all this had to be barged in during the summer as their is only a winter road to get in. He didn't use his own money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join