It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The case for reincarnation / immortality

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo__

Excellent post! Very well said.

Yes, and the final awakening and revelation, the realization of the dream, will be the end of "religion" in the traditional sense, since we'll have appropriated the great truth in back of all religions, which doesn't mean people won't still employ their rite or ritual of choice, only that we will come to recognize that these are but a mask representing something infinitely greater, and we will come to see one another face to face, and we will know as we are known. I think the veil is just STARTING to lift now, and the reason is because of all the seeking and searching that's been and is being done, where various models and conceptions are tried on, some discarded, and the most workable, functional ones adopted, or appropriated (eaten and ingested).

Thanks to everyone for all their efforts in this regard, and for your role in a cocretive, participative eschatology! The end is but the end of one beginning and the beginning of a new one.

Some of the more conservative variety would call me a "New Age Christian" and I'm perfectly fine with that. In fact, bringing in the new age, the age of reason and spirit, that's the end game of the "Jesus Project" imho. It's what the master had in mind.

"I came to serve and not to be served."

"And as my father (first cause, alpha omega of existence) hath sent me, even so send I you."

It's organic, holographic, timeless, spaceless and non-localized. It's immament. And there's nothing wrong with "immamentizing the eschaton", because of the fact that every end is a new beginning, and every death, a resurrection into new life and new possibility.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Yes, and the final awakening and revelation, the realization of the dream, will be the end of "religion" in the traditional sense, since we'll have appropriated the great truth in back of all religions, which doesn't mean people won't still employ their rite or ritual of choice, only that we will come to recognize that these are but a mask representing something infinitely greater, and we will come to see one another face to face, and we will know as we are known.

It's been said before that religions are like ladders to a roof, once you've used them then you can discard them or leave them behind for those that follow. As you imply, the Masters, imho, never wanted us to simply believe, praise and worship forever the likes of Krishna, Jesus or Mohammed. It was always said that we should take up the cross and walk the path. And in so doing we would come to realize that we are not alone in the Universe. Life abounds and works in ever turning cycles within cycles. Science confirms this from the smallest atom to the largest Galaxy of Galaxies. Why should our human life be different?

The idea that we only have one life to live is a misconception resulting from a misinterpretation of a book that's been rewritten too many times, in many cases the rewrites were with personal bias and political agendas. And how are these misconceptions enforced? By the threat of the devil and his abode, and promise of some sort of favoritism where only the elect are saved.

So if we can't trust the literal word of the Bible, in our Western society, so then what can we believe in? Science does not normally adhere to beliefs where there is as yet no proof. So as far as I can see it, we need to believe in OURSELVES. The truth lies within and it's up to each and everyone one of us to find that truth.

Science, I believe, is on the verge of a great revelation. Perhaps the Large Hadron Collider will find the God Particle and discover the finer ethers of physical matter that lay just beyond our current perceptions. Or perhaps the Human Race will begin to develop etheric vision naturally via the third eye, The Eye of Shiva and our view of the world will change forever.

Cheers everyone, and keep on keeping on.

Neo.

[edit to fix grammer]

[edit on 7-6-2009 by Neo__]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Regardless of how reincarnation will return to our everyday experience I'm personally confident that it will. The Law of Karma and the Law of Rebirth are fundamental tenets of the interaction of life with physical matter. Seen as positive and negative, life and matter make up everything we experience. And Humanity, holding that a special balancing point in nature, is responsible for bringing together these two forces and is in effect responsible for spiritualizing matter. We, the human kingdom of our world, have the animals, the plants and the rocks below us, and the kingdoms of souls directly above us, and the planetary and solar kingdoms beyond that. We stand at that twilight point in nature where nature becomes aware of Itself. Everything is one, and we are one with everything. It really, in the long run, couldn't be any other way (imho). And so death is but an natural conclusion of one of millions of cycles that brings us to this realization.

Like the door that brought life into the world, death can be considered as the exit door to another world. But only so much that it's a door to another turn of the cycle, like a wheel turning within a larger wheel. "I die daily" says St. Paul. And so do all us. Each day and each night we experience a cycle of life and death, but on a much smaller scale. Death should not be something to be afraid of since we experience something like it every night. According to Wiki, (must be true), REM sleep occurs about 25% of a nights sleep. Not all at once, but about 4 or 5 times a night we withdraw our consciousness from the body. During this time there are no dominating brain waves. Could this be the time that the soul withdraws from the brain, free to wonder the lower planes of the Cosmos but still attached by another life line to the heart?

Never the Spirit was born;
the Spirit shall cease to be never;
Never was time it was not;
End and Beginning are dreams!
Birthless and deathless and changeless
remaineth the Spirit for ever;
Death hath not touched it at all,
dead though the house of it seems!

- The Song Celestial (Bhagavad Gita),
translated by Sir Edwin Arnold

[more grammatical errors edited on 7-6-2009 by Neo__]

[edit on 7-6-2009 by Neo__]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
WOW!!!

You guys have to check this out!

www.fox8.com...

An INCREDIBLE case of reincarnation and past life memories from this 11 year old boy....He has nearly FULL RECALL of his previous incarnation as a war pilot. He remembers his crew mates, his naval carrier names, and exactly how he died! Totally amazing.

Child's Nightmares and Memories Prove Reincarnation

It is being called the most documented case of reincarnation ever.

A little boy is able to recall over 50 memories from someone else's life.

A World War II Pilot's family believes it is their reincarnated brother based on the child's memories.

The boy's story is so compelling, it has been published in a new book called "Soul Survivor."

Fox 8's Suzanne Stratford spoke exclusively to the child and his family.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Wow, that is a pretty cool story. Normally, it's said that we don't remember our past lives for the same reason that an actor on stage doesn't think about the past acting roles played, and this for obvious reasons. But in this case it's hard to deny that this boy remembers at least one past life. And he's not the first documented case of someone remembering details about past lives, there's been many accounts of people recounting details of past lives. Edgar Cayce talked about past lives with his clients in great detail.

The Law of Rebirth is a natural law on our planet and is closely related and conditioned by the great Law of Cause and Effect.

Thanks DD

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Neo__]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join