It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im from china, open to talk about politics, military, economics, human rights etc...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
what is the main religion in China?

do they beleive in any reiki type beleifs?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
Nomad, what do you think your country will do, in terms of North Korea? China has always been the big brother to North Korea since the days of their involvement in the Korean War. Will they join the other countries if it boils down to a military response? Or will they side with North Korea? To me, I find the rumblings on your border, as very alarming. Almost as serious as the Cuban Missle Crisis, and I believe the countries involved shouldn't take North Korea's provocations lightly. Any attack on South Korea or Japan would be economically devastating to all countries doing business in that region of the world. The economy is already in the pits. Your views? Thanks

1: This is not a another Cuba crisis, NK will never issue a war against any nation as long as no one bomb them. acctually i feel sorry for my government. we all know its a game between the super powers , if my government ever promise to protect NK from nuke attack like the us do to Japan and SK, we would never see this problem today. Kim is a dictator , i don't denny , but i don't think he is insane.

2:China will never Join any party to invade NK , I said before China prefer a nuke NK rather than a US base near the Yalu river. we sarcrifice 1 million lives too keep NATO away from the border 50 years ago, this may help u to understand. and we're very worried about the situation also. u know it is china who will see massive refuges cross the border if a war really happens , we cannot afford that , therefore we'll still try to talk them to the table

3:If US&Japan&SK really bomb NK, we'll do some undertable( I hope u understand this point , cause that's what we all do
, but send troops to Korea is unlikely, Our priority is to develop economy, NK is of course important to china , but we're dealing with a different situation here on compare to 50 years ago. things changed. If I said if US cotrol NK finally i think we will have some privity that US will keep some distance away from the border or withdrawl from then peninsula

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
reply to post by nomadTG

I couldn't have asked for a better response. You are experiencing the same problems we deal with in the United States. I agree their is a banking cartel running the show and our government officials are just pawns in the chess game they have before us. One way or another their agenda is allowed to proceed. Through means of diplomacy, armed conflict, civil unrest, or elections. Here in America, a vast majority of the people are only interested in their television shows, fast food, what celebrity did this and that, and many more trivial pursuits. Is it like that for you where you live? Anyway, great response!

On this point , I think we have a better situation here. People all work hard. we have a lot of incentives here , guess this is a good part. hope u all do well

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hermanthegerman
reply to post by nomadTG

thank you for being open to conversation, i have book marked this thread, and will be back to ask you some of the more important questions i have when they arise in my mind again.

thank you.

Thank you and u r quite welcome to raise quesions, i'll reply as soon as i can !

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by meremortal
what is the main religion in China?

do they beleive in any reiki type beleifs?

Buddhism would be the dominat religion here, then christian, muslim,.. total around 100 million. Im not sure the statistics is right, u know u cannot belive any statistics from the government nowadays, that's sad though! the majority here are non religion( that include myself
)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadTG

Since you mentioned Muslims is it true that the Chinese government is treating them like terrorist.Especially after the Olympics the Chinese govt sounded really concerned about the spread of Islam in china.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by nomadTG

Since you mentioned Muslims is it true that the Chinese government is treating them like terrorist.Especially after the Olympics the Chinese govt sounded really concerned about the spread of Islam in china.

We're cautious about separatists, Yes!

Threating Muslims like terrorists , absolutely not! we have good relationship with Iran and Pakistan. actually I think that's the case in US, Besides Muslims doesn't cause much trouble here! just some ppl in tibet(We call it XiZhang) controled by the excel regim lead by DaLai Lama

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hello nomadTG !

I am glad you have joined and are willing to chat

What are the common views on Europe ? And his relationship with the US ?
Is Europe thought as a block ? Are there specific european countries liked or disliked ?

Also what do you think are the main differences between western and chinese philosophy and way of thinking ?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hey NomadTG,

Interesting post. I hope you don't mind, but I have some rather complicated questions.

1. What is the overall outlook in China regarding the set value of the renminbi against the US dollar, given that the Dollar is tanking on the global market.

I know that the inflation caused by the US government is endangering China's US holdings of some 2 trillion, and the US government does not seem to desire to stop its deflation policy. (Possibly to devalue its debt, and pay back a lower value.)

Is there a general consensus to decouple the RMB from the USD, and allow the market to shape it's value, instead of allowing the USD to shape its value?

2. I have seen in global statistics that China (and alot of eastern asian countries) have an overall higher Average IQ than the rest of the world.

How do the Chinese view Intelligence as compared to Personality, Charisma, and Popularity?

3. Concerning CCP Censorship:

Does the Media censorship extend merely to the Unquestioning support of the CCP, or does it extend toward the theme (of the US media) of outright lies to the public?

What I mean, is:

When the CCP tells the public something, do they lie to the public and manipulate, or do they just tell the difficult truths, and allow the public to draw their conclusions.

OR

Do they attempt to "Sugar Coat" their agenda, and if so, to what extent?

4. How do Chinese view outsiders (immigrants) to their country, is there acceptance, guarded suspicion, Xenophobic exclusion, hostility, indifference, etc?

(In general)

5. Are their any large scale plans to restore and irrigate the Gurbantunggut Desert in Xinjiang, or the Gobi?

6. What plans dos china have as far as Solar Power is concerned, or Alternative fuel for Cars?

Sorry for the MANY questions.... I am a curious individual.

Thanks.

-Edrick

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche
Hello nomadTG !

I am glad you have joined and are willing to chat

What are the common views on Europe ? And his relationship with the US ?
Is Europe thought as a block ? Are there specific european countries liked or disliked ?

Thanks for your question, Majority think Europe is a good place for living, good social welfare, good environment, great landskypes. and great leisure life style. middle class admire that kind of lifestyle. but don't think Europe is friendly to china, we think Europe is US bedfellow and cannot fully conduct deplomatic policy fully independent against US(sorry for being straight), But believe me All foreigners are welcome here(except for some dirty politicians). no country all clearly liked or disliked. I think most people wanted to visit France, but after the Olympics, that declines dramatically.

Also what do you think are the main differences between western and chinese philosophy and way of thinking ?

I think this quesion is too general, Im afraid i cannot give u a full picture on this, my suggestion is if u really wonna know more , try too make some chinese friends.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
Hey NomadTG,

Interesting post. I hope you don't mind, but I have some rather complicated questions.

1. What is the overall outlook in China regarding the set value of the renminbi against the US dollar, given that the Dollar is tanking on the global market.

I know that the inflation caused by the US government is endangering China's US holdings of some 2 trillion, and the US government does not seem to desire to stop its deflation policy. (Possibly to devalue its debt, and pay back a lower value.)

Is there a general consensus to decouple the RMB from the USD, and allow the market to shape it's value, instead of allowing the USD to shape its value?

Well, this is a very complicated question indeed, We all know that USD will devalue and we'll lose money in this process. But change takes time, China is already on the way to decouple RMB from USD, if u do some googling, u'll see china has been exchange currency with some countries with an amount of around 100 billion USD, and this activity continues.

The Govt plans to built ShangHai as the next world financial center other than hongkong in 2020, i think this is to conduct the mission to push RMB as a reserve currency, later we'll see more and more countries buy chinese products with RMB.

You Know there is a theory says that china and US are good bedfellow, china play the role of world factory and finance US military, US conduct millitary operations and distribution organs like Wal-Mart all over the world to pave the way for chinese products, and that's why India block Wal-Mart, cause they don't produce these products. Wal-Mart will not only take over their small shops but also unmature manufacturing industry, I somewho agree with this theory, but after the crisis, we find that's not a perfect combition , hence we ask for change , but change takes time.

2. I have seen in global statistics that China (and alot of eastern asian countries) have an overall higher Average IQ than the rest of the world.

How do the Chinese view Intelligence as compared to Personality, Charisma, and Popularity?

I can not make comment on this kind of theory, cause there is no solid evidence to prove that, but I do think chinese are over controled that limit our free thinking,

3. Concerning CCP Censorship:

Does the Media censorship extend merely to the Unquestioning support of the CCP, or does it extend toward the theme (of the US media) of outright lies to the public?

What I mean, is:

When the CCP tells the public something, do they lie to the public and manipulate, or do they just tell the difficult truths, and allow the public to draw their conclusions.

OR

Do they attempt to "Sugar Coat" their agenda, and if so, to what extent?

CCP is propagandizing their theory of "constructing harmonious society", but people don't really believe that because of the media control and sever corruption. u don't know what this party is acctually capable of, u know google do the filtering for the also, they block any materials they want to, and reject any comment on riot incidents

4. How do Chinese view outsiders (immigrants) to their country, is there acceptance, guarded suspicion, Xenophobic exclusion, hostility, indifference, etc?

(In general)

You're all quite welcome!!! : )

5. Are their any large scale plans to restore and irrigate the Gurbantunggut Desert in Xinjiang, or the Gobi?

As far as I know, no such plans, just clarified by officials to comfort india concern a few days ago

6. What plans dos china have as far as Solar Power is concerned, or Alternative fuel for Cars?

cover 0.15 billion square meters by 2010, cover 0.3 billion square meters by 2020, sorry i cann't give the detail.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadTG

Well hello and welcome, take a load off your feet and sit a bit.

Oh,and welcome to avatar hell.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadTG

Hi there Nomad .

Thanks for fielding our questions .

With regards to Chinas huge infrastructure projects e.g Three Gorge Dam etc. , how do the citizenry voice their concerns, considering that speaking ill of the ruling government is not tolerated ?
Can the decisions of government be challenged , or is that construed as challenging "The Party" itself ?

Do people self-censor themselves , or would they speak openly with familiar company ?

=======================
And on a lighter note :

Is it true that to give the gift of a clock to somebody , is considered a no-no in Chinese culture ?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
all I want to know is: Do most chinese people think that China could defeat the United States in an all out war? there is plenty of chest thumping over here and I want to know how the populace over there acts/thinks about this.

there, I asked it for everyone who wanted to know but was afraid of being called ignorant or nationalist

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadTG

Thank you for answering my questions, I have some clarifications to request of you.

The Govt plans to built ShangHai as the next world financial center other than hongkong in 2020, i think this is to conduct the mission to push RMB as a reserve currency, later we'll see more and more countries buy chinese products with RMB.

It was my understanding that the Chinese government was hesitant to move the RMB towards a fully operable global currency.

I know they are in currency swap agreements with trade partner nations, but I thought that is where they were keeping it.

This is interesting information.

IF the Chinese government continues to dump US currency, that will lower the value of their remaining holdings drastically.

Do you know if they are prepared to take a loss on this, or do you think they will try to salvage the dollar to maintain the value of their holdings?

I can not make comment on this kind of theory, cause there is no solid evidence to prove that, but I do think chinese are over controled that limit our free thinking.

My apologies, I was regarding the Average intelligence levels by nation as indicated by this study:

en.wikipedia.org...

And my information on that regard was merely a primer for my actual question of:

How do the Chinese view Intelligence?

Indifference?

Acceptance?

Necessity?

Hostility?

etc...

I ask, because there is a Push in the US media towards lowering intelligence, by portraying it as undesirable, and useless.

Is this the case in china also?

cover 0.15 billion square meters by 2010, cover 0.3 billion square meters by 2020, sorry i cann't give the detail.

WOW!

-Edrick

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Edrick]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thank you for your information! I don't really have anything to ask but its just nice to get a different perspective on these issues.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by nomadTG

Hi there Nomad .

Thanks for fielding our questions .

With regards to Chinas huge infrastructure projects e.g Three Gorge Dam etc. , how do the citizenry voice their concerns, considering that speaking ill of the ruling government is not tolerated ?

The majority support Huge infrastructure projects althrough we know must be corruption in it, but that's the way it is, u can not just stop giving them resource to carry out all plans. Only few people who are requested to move from their home would object these projects. but the complaints are all constraint, u won't see them on media

Can the decisions of government be challenged , or is that construed as challenging "The Party" itself ?

Mao said " party commands the guns", so in china the party=the Govt, No one can challenge the Party, they have about 80million, most of them well educated and elites of china.

Do people self-censor themselves , or would they speak openly with familiar company ?

People would speak, today people post their complaints and miseries on internet, get help from the netizens. althrough the Govt have a massive control the media, but once info get on net. no one can fully wipe them out.

There is an activity in the net community called "Human flesh search ". this acctivity help to counter the black side.

Human flesh search is the use of modern information technology, the network changed the traditional information search find people people, people ask people, people touching people, people crowded people, people who endure the relational networks in community activities, change dull the query process for First person to ask questions, Happo responded with one stone Melaleuca aroused waves, calling out 10,000 awoke really the humanization search experience. Human flesh search not only in the shortest possible time to expose the truth behind a certain door, for a three of a seven public recognition to find the moral position, can also be in the network can not reach places, to explore and discover the most beautiful jungle girl, the most touching Alpine herdsmen, the most mysterious desert cave, the most romantic encounter the ultimate meat english people ... ... the pursuit of the highest goal is: do not seek the best, but for the most meat.

Human flesh search engine beginning in 2006 in the network, up to now have more than two years. In fact, people are different from machines meat english english english in addition to a mode of information.

Such as to know a person, then through the form at the Forum Post search sponsors meat, in a large number of users, the users may be just months Know you have to know the person, or have that person's relevant information, if he willing, then he can use the online form Post put the people of the information published online. Huge number of netizens, U.S. through various channels of the same person search excavation, so can be in a very short period of time to be able to harvest a lot about a person's information.

Human meat every time a search engine start-up will target people released detailed information, as long as the "meat people" and no privacy to speak of. Name, address, family status since Needless to say, even photographs, measurements, are clear evidence of the history of love. Netizen "a pool of stagnant water," said Human meat after engine start, the search had been made public information, the degree of detail can only be used "shock" to describe.

=======================
And on a lighter note :

Is it true that to give the gift of a clock to somebody , is considered a no-no in Chinese culture ?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
all I want to know is: Do most chinese people think that China could defeat the United States in an all out war? there is plenty of chest thumping over here and I want to know how the populace over there acts/thinks about this.

there, I asked it for everyone who wanted to know but was afraid of being called ignorant or nationalist

It's okay, Im open for all topics, the majority think we won't win a full-scale war against united states(just technically). but we don't see anything that worth a full-scale war between us.

the only trigger that would possibly drag china into nasty confrontation with the US is the taiwan issue, but this trigger melt down as KMT regain power in taiwan, they're willing to open for full ecomonic ties with the mainland ,so we'll see economic unification shortly. china is in no hurry to take over taiwan.

china won't go to war with US on other issues, not NK, not Iran, of course we'll continue to see frictions , but nothing worth a war, we have much mutual interests.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadTG

You don't know how much I wish our country could be like that. I envy that part of your country, you don't want a war, just mutual relationships with benefits.

I would like to hear more about that theory that China will be the Economic producer and the United States will be the Military powerhouse. Now that I think about it, that would be a good relationship.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What do the Chinese think about the Russians? I know you are good economic partners, but do people view them as friendly, or a snake in the grass as they have been known to be?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join