It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh predicted Sotomayor 12 years ago!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
briefingroom.thehill.com...

Rush Limbaugh all but predicted 12 years ago that Sonia Sotomayor was headed to the Supreme Court.

In 1997, when President Bill Clinton nominated Sotomayor to become a U.S. Circuit Court judge, Limbaugh urged Senate Republicans to block her confirmation.

The conservative radio host said, on the day of Sotomayor's confirmation hearing, Sept. 30, 1997, that she was extremely liberal and was on a "rocket ship" to the high court, according to a 1998 New York Times story on GOP efforts to stop her confirmation.

Out of the thousands of Judicial appointments made since that time, Rush had the insight to zero in on Sotomayor. Amazing....Chalk up another "See, I told you so" from Rush.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Well since you praise him, then I suppose you stand by all his quotes?

What about this one regarding Michael J Fox

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. ... This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."

This guy is pure garbage and disinformation, IMO, you are entitled to your opinion of course.

EDIT:

Or maybe this?

"Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river, too." --in 1995

"I am addicted to prescription pain medication." --in 2003

Yes, he should be sent up the river. Good call Rush

[edit on 31-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

How original! Just the mere mention of a great prognosticator like Rush Limbaugh and the bashing begins.

I'm not going to debate the fact the Rush was right on Michael J. Fox in this thread. I'm not even going to bring up the fact that our current President was (is?) a coke head. It just wouldn't be appropriate.

Rush predicted Sotomayor 12 years ago. How is this garbage or disinformation?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

A lot of people have said a lot of things that have came true down the line.

Ok, bravo Rush, you have predicted this.

You should have also, predicted your way into jail of course.

And if you think he was right to demonize someone with a real disease, you need to get your head checked my friend.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Disinformation and hypocracy all in one.

Rush did no jail time. Also Rush had a legitimate hearing problem that led to the addicition of Oxycotin...according to you he is demonization proof, yet you demonize him? Hypocracy? Much?

M.J. Fox used his affliction to promote Embyonic Stem Cell Research. He wanted Government to pay for it because no one else wants to put their money into failed science. He made his affliction political, and that should not have went unchallenged.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well, mathematically speaking, the likelyhood of any given event occurring as predicted increases over time.

I could tell a friend to stop smoking or else he's going to get lung cancer. Over time, if other norms are met (still smokes) then the likelyhood of the predicted event occurring increases, so long as the event was in the normal range of things to begin with.

The longer you wait the more likely things are to happen.

Ok?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

That and even a fool occasionally says something that is true....

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Who cares how you get hooked on scripts.. he said people abusing illegal drugs especially white people, should be sent up the river - dont confuse the facts

AND HE SHOULD HAVE DONE JAIL TIME, IF THINGS WERE TO HAPPEN BY HIS METHODOLOGY - what are you trying to say?

How in the hell is that disinformation?

And if you think a person with parkinsons campaigning for stem cell research (which is not a fallacy, or at least I don't believe so) is wrong, well.. ill leave it there..

Your argument is full of holes, and it doesn't make this jerk any less of a hypocrite

Im sure I could go dig up more quotes that make him look like a total ass/idiot, but all you have to do is listen to his radio show and he will do that for you.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

top topics

join