It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesian Police Promise Bashir Conviction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Indonesian police say they have enough evidence to build a case against the Muslim cleric, Abu Bakar Bashir.

Bashir was arrested immediately after his release from jail today and taken to Jakarta's main police station for questioning.

www.abc.net.au...

Apparently a few defectors from JI have added some strong evidence to the case against him. Gonna stir a lot of ill-will in Indonesia though.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Bashir's lawyers appeal Bali sentence

Lawyers for firebrand cleric Abu Bakar Bashir have accused Australia of hypocrisy as they lodged an appeal against his 30-month sentence for being part of the "evil conspiracy" behind the Bali bombings.

Filing an appeal with the Jakarta High Court, one of Bashir's legal team. Wirawan Adnan. said Australian protests about the short sentence given to the 66-year-old last week were interfering in Indonesia's legal system.

"It's more than interference in fact. It's intervention," he told AAP.

"Australia talks to us about democracy, but this is nowhere near democracy."

A Jakarta court last week sentenced Bashir for his involvement in an "evil conspiracy" that led to the Bali bombings, but cleared him on charges of planning or inciting terrorist attacks.

SMH

Typical 'lawyer speak' in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Bashir's time is up... I'd say hes going to contract a nasty form of cancer or just have a massive heart attack in the not to distant future. Either that or he may be lucky enough to be accidently shot in an ambush, or run over by a car......

they will get him...If the courts don't get him THEY will

and don't ask me who they is cos I don't know them by name. Funny dudes, always in suits.....

new topics

join