It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun and 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well I have just been surfing as you do.. and came across this

www.newscientist.com...

now i shall put some info from the link

IT IS midnight on 22 September 2012 and the skies above Manhattan are filled with a flickering curtain of colourful light. Few New Yorkers have seen the aurora this far south but their fascination is short-lived. Within a few seconds, electric bulbs dim and flicker, then become unusually bright for a fleeting moment. Then all the lights in the state go out. Within 90 seconds, the entire eastern half of the US is without power.

Keep reading

www.nap.edu...

More?

www.newscientist.com...

you bet!

and now ?

www.space.com...

interesting?

www.space.com...

what is going on ??

and this ?

www.projectcamelot.org...

??

seems to me the sun is about to wake up from a VERY VERY big sleep !!

2012? oh well i guess we are all about to find out

comments?

I know i have posted links but the information is not so key but the linkage of the statements on each are very interesting.

And it comes as our sols about to wake up in 2011 "that's the next maximum"

will it be late? and happen in 2012 with a BIG bang?

Hmm !

Please feel free to move to another section of ats if this is not the right place.. seemed fitting as it seems we are more fragile than we think

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
been posted before, however the links offer good reading material. Ill star and flag ya! thanks for the post.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

thanks just wanted to posted the links so people can see the coloration with them all

sorry if its been posted just felt it was needed for the 2012 type things and the not all doom and gloom but more about how our world may change in a big way

electronically

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Most people are far more concerned about the latest winner of American Idol and the nice woman from England Susan Boyles than they are about the survival of mankind.

That being said, these warnings will go unheeded and the grid unprotected. It would appear the dumbing down of the population is quite successful. Most people don't have the slightest notion of sunspots, solar flares or CME's but they are very up on Dancing with the Stars, that is about as much as most of them know about the solar system.

Sad.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

well if i was honest and i do agree here is my own statement on your comment

it scares the # out of me that people "some" are so blind!!! or just do not care, but they will be the first to go crazy when it all kicks off

OMG I CANT WATCH POP IDOL!! MDRRR!! hehe

crazy

thanks for posting
totally agree with your statement

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
So, could someone pls kindly tell us which suit (which model of Protective Clothing) do we need if the Earth have no/very little magnetic field for those UV/X/gamma ray?
Thanks.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CONTACT

none as its going to affect electrical stuff "i hope" if its some mass ejection well... best place is underground

otherwise the earth is toast :/

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Very interesting... thanks for the heads up. Guess this is one we need to keep an eye on for the next few years.

Would the effect be similar to that of an EMP?!? If so then we need to think about protecting our vehicles.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Similar, but it wouln't simply turn things off, it would competely fry the entire grid, any part that was affected.

Zero communications, the only thing I could see being used are HAM radios and morse code. It would take months or even years to repair the damage caused my one of these solar storms.

To the OP: There is alot of speculation regarding 2012 and the Sun. We've all read the Nibiru threads with some sort of fascination, positive or not. And we've also read those Pole Shift threads and any other possible scenario that made some sort of sense.

I think that 2012 will go about like any other year, with ofcourse, increasing natural disasters and some sort of cosmic event that affects us all.

We are at the end of a very long cycle, everything rejuvenates, so why not our entire planet or our entire Galaxy for that matter? Things change, Epoch's come to an end.

There will simply be something else, perhaps a new way of thinking, a new understanding of certain concepts.

I don't believe that the world is simply going to come a standstill during a "specific" date foretold by Mayans.

~Keeper

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Everyone's talking about a coronal mass ejection, as if it's a singular event... but I wonder what would happen if the sun went ultraviolet (covered in sunspots)?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtMonte

that means little old rock goes into over drive and we get blasted like there is all hell on earth

it took one to take out Canada electro grid ... so if the sun wake sup and starts going supper active as to supper chilled out we are in for some veeery interesting times to say the least..

I just hope our little rock can sustain what may happen.. as you know our magnetosphere is at its weakest, in coloration to this sun thing does not bold well for man or his way of communication

very interesting check out the links and just read them

like the poster said be for EMP + Radiation = Not good

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Oh god, not another thread!

Anyways I am not reading this thread (yet), as my brain will explode.

Regardless, NASA predicts the solar cycle to peak in 2013, (they can't say 2012, can they - I mean, REALLY?)

They've also changed their minds a few times.

The truth is, we really *don't* know what to expect.

Thanks for the thread OP.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

nps mate just wanted to share my own little bit of information for the ats peeps

its all very interesting

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm focused in the now. You guys worry about what's coming in a few years. I'll deal with the next 12 months, deal?

It all connects. Universe = God = Universe.

We're all going to be OK.

EDIT TO ADD: I don't get my hope and change from a politician.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

like it was their choice to make in the first place

; )

arrogance hehe

new topics

top topics

join