It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Freaky Fungi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Five Freaky Fungi

LINK TO FULL ARTICLE

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by suziwong

what the hell, care to do more than lift an article from the web and dump it here?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
loveing the glow in the dark fungi i wonder how hard it would be to make then grow in an english garden, puffballs are just like normal mushrooms to eat thay just look odd

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Hey Bob!

You never know when you might need to know what is edible & what is not - I put this article together to share - so back off!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
MR BOB is simply informing you that it's ats policy to make a small writeup of the article and posting your opinion about it in the same post. simply putting a link and saying "five freaky fungi" does not a good post make.

as for the link, interesting. the world is full of strange and wonderful things.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Thanks optimus - I should have put a write up

You never know - evolution of our cerebral cortex may be a consequence of eating psychadelic mushrooms in our dim and distant past.
There is a theory of evolution based upon "the stoned ape"

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by suziwong
Five Freaky Fungi

LINK TO FULL ARTICLE

So ..... very freaky but what I like to know is: can I eat them?? Or will I glow in the dark like some freaky Mars Man??

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by suziwong

My favourite is the puffball, yum...

..but not the stinkhorn...

but I do like the luminescent ones...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
First, I have to tell you that I really like a thread title which contains an alliteration
-- you might've added "Found Friday

I think it's important to add this quote from you link:

REMEMBER - Never eat a mushroom or fungus if you are unsure of its variety….Recite this old adage

There are old mycologists

There are Bold Mycologists

But there are no old bold mycologists

I don't know about that puffball. It looks difficult to discern between that and nonedible ones. Apparently (according to the link) only the puffball and the Coral Tooth are edible. naaaah. I will avoid ALL wild fungi that I don't know for absolute certain are safe to eat. Thanks for sharing them!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I find these articles so cool.
Nature is amazing. I started a thread yesterday about fungus taking over ants, to further their existence. Also related to "zombie-ism" hahaha.
But very interesting. S&F. They look like candy.

top topics

join