It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel stages biggest-ever war drill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Israel stages biggest-ever war drill

www.cnn.com

The five-day drill, nicknamed Turning Point 3, comes amid the nation's rising tensions with Iran.

It will be conducted in public facilities, including schools, military bases and government offices. Students, soldiers and other civilians will practice how to gather at protected places during an emergency.

Officials said the drill will include simulated rockets, air raids and other attacks on infrastructure and essential facilities, and use of weapons on civilians.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Looks like they are in the final preparations for an attack on Iran. Looks like they even have it timed to start their attack this upcoming weekend. I wonder if that is the plan?

Why else would they run such a long simulation and include their entire population?

Something tells me that they have a surprise attack coming.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

you beat me to it. i was just watching CNN, wow...

war will be coming soon in Israel...

(sigh)

is it worth it really?

why are they doing this?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
FWIW, this was posted a few days ago. www.abovetopsecret.com...

The timing of this scares me more than the actual event itself. It seems like Israel has had a lot of these large scale drills recently and none have been a prelude to anything larger. Hopefully the same hold true for this exercise.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
the name "operation turning point" does not warm the cockles of my heart I must say. definately something in the pipiline here.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Israel cannot survive without a crisis. It must have war to keep its people constantly mobilised and sayanim operatives abroad always at action stations. In the end it is all about grand larceny on a global scale. These facilities are really about economic espionage, financial corruption and political control of foreign countries.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have to say there are a high amount of drills both military and civilian going on at the moment in israel (at least the ones that make it to press(most military drills aren't published due to security)) but i think ill take what CNN or indeed any news network says with a grain of salt they tend to beef it up (not as much as faux noose) but im an imperisist (at least on this subject) so no bombs no new news here
... although that's not to say that it is impossible that they could be up to something.

new topics

top topics

join