It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and Japan want serious response to N. Korea

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Oh Lord. Ive seen it all now. Bin Laden ex CIA agent? LMAO!!!

911 so the US can run a pipleine from the Caspian?

Good grield i SERIOUSLY hope folks really put down their comic books and really dont belive stuff like this this. Sad. Just sad.

Originally posted by kenton1234
reply to post by ModernAcademia
"Subsize North Korea's nuclear program, soon we'll invade.
Subsidize Pakistan's nuclear program and put musarraf into power now let's invade.
Bin Laden a former CIA agent, now let's attack an entire country where he is residing.
Install puppet govts. in Iran, now let's blockade them with an armada of warships."

And thats just recently. The last time we went to war with N. Korea it was based on a lie. 9/11 was allowed to happen so we could run a pipeline from the Caspian sea.(Not alot of people know this little fact to this day) Bin Laden was just a face we put on this fiasco. And the list goes on and on and on....
The people who are really running this country(Not Obama) are laughing at our ignorance.
And it causes me more than a little concern to know that their are religious fanatics(Israel,Pakistan) that have nuclear weapons as well and nobody wants to do a damn thing about them. The last time I traveled over seas(Europe) I was shocked to see how much anti-American sentiment there was. They are sick of America and it's war mongering ways yet we don't hear a thing about that on our MSM. I was so ashamed and embarassed I told people I was from Canada.
And now even with a New President our foreign policy has not changed one single bit. This is like a horrible nightmare. N. Korea is no threat to America. If anyone has to deal with N. Korea it should be Japan or China. We have enough problems right here at home.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
So gentlemen, what is the response to North Korea then? Should we or shouldn't we respond? As I said in the earlier post, diplomacy and negotiations have met a stalemate. They tested a nuke on the yield basis of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, plus they're still launching rockets. You can only shake a stick at a dog so much until finally it bites. Again this scenario is no different than when Kennedy and Kruschev had their stand-off in the 1960's. I'm by know means advocating military response, but we are nearing that juncture now. That country is being run by sadistic madmen and have no appreciation of human life. They're own people are starving to death while they increase their military capability. My opinion is to walk lightly but carry a big gun. If they want a fight then we'll give it to them but that should be a last resort.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think there should be a response, but not a knee-jerk reaction. That would only feed into what NK wants. We all know they arent actually going to do anything. Kimmy just does this stuff to get attention. I say we sort of ignore him out loud, but quietly behind the scenes start doing things to apply pressure. Tangible pressure unlike in the past but gradual and effective.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Things have been pretty quiet the last few days havent they? Think Kimmy knows he may be going too far and is now quieting down? I saw the report that they "may" be preparing a long range missile but that was 2 days ago and nothing since then. I think world community is waiting for NK to blow off their little steam right now (like a child with a temper tantrum) and then things will proceed.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I think there should be a response, but not a knee-jerk reaction. That would only feed into what NK wants. We all know they arent actually going to do anything. Kimmy just does this stuff to get attention. I say we sort of ignore him out loud, but quietly behind the scenes start doing things to apply pressure. Tangible pressure unlike in the past but gradual and effective.

Prince, your response is spot on. I couldn't have said it any better. Slowly turn the screws on North Korea and wait for the response. If they want to attack, more power to them, but we will react likewise. What I mean by "we," the the United States and its' allies.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Oh Lord. Ive seen it all now. Bin Laden ex CIA agent? LMAO!!!

911 so the US can run a pipleine from the Caspian?

Good grield i SERIOUSLY hope folks really put down their comic books and really dont belive stuff like this this. Sad. Just sad.

What I really find interesting that so many people are just not getting is that if these people were really this powerful, they wouldn't need to do it from the shadows. With the kind of power claimed, they would be able to freely operate in the open without fear.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
So gentlemen, what is the response to North Korea then? Should we or shouldn't we respond? As I said in the earlier post, diplomacy and negotiations have met a stalemate.

My opinion is that we should respond.
As example, the US and it's allies have the capability of blowing out of the sky, any missile leaving NK airspace. It's time to demonstrate this can and will be done.
As for their nuclear program, if they refuse to stand that down, maybe some bunker busters are in order.

Frankly, I would like to see both china and russia handle them so the US is not pinned as the bad guy.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Some one answer me a question.

If a hostile long range missile was to be launched by NK. Then what does the world do? Who is to say that long range missile isn't already armed with something nasty?

Does it depend on who's air space the missile occupies? Or dow we act in unison?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Just to remember the initial response

This is Ron Paul's older response to NK
I am only posting this beause he summarizes alot
no need to type it

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

As example, the US and it's allies have the capability of blowing out of the sky, any missile leaving NK airspace. It's time to demonstrate this can and will be done.
As for their nuclear program, if they refuse to stand that down, maybe some bunker busters are in order.

Frankly, I would like to see both china and russia handle them so the US is not pinned as the bad guy.

Out of curiosity what % of your income did u pay in taxes last year?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
So gentlemen, what is the response to North Korea then? Should we or shouldn't we respond? As I said in the earlier post, diplomacy and negotiations have met a stalemate.

I for one, agree with everything you have said. North Korea and Russia should handle the problem. But will they? We can't have a madman with his finger on the button and in the instance of running out of his Johnny Walker Red or his endless library of VHS movies burning down, decides to launch rockets armed with nuclear payloads at his enemies in a fit of rage. I'm talking about Little Kimmy if your wondering.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost

Out of curiosity, what does it matter?
????

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

????

It matters because a lot of people who are crying about how taxes are going to go up are the same people who are and have been war mongering for the past 30 years. Since Reagan it has been envogue to push for war but then not pay for them hence adding it to the debt. This is part of neo con ideology. So it matters because from what I gather you like the warfare state so I say to you pay for it then by forking over 70% of your income. If Iraq is justified then we need to pay for it. If NK or Iran is justified lets pay for it. Soldiers are sacrificing why arent we?

It wont happen though why? Because these are un justified wars and the only thing keeping people from rioting in the streets is the fact that we DONT pay for these wars our grandkids will.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by tjeffersonsghost]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

Well its either spend our tax dollars on something that could have the potential to save millions of people, or we couldjust spendour tax dollars on a high speed train, or on bailouts.
not a hard choice if you ask me.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Common Good]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

????

It matters because a lot of people who are crying about how taxes are going to go up

I haven't cried at all about taxes going up.

are the same people who are and have been war mongering for the past 30 years.

I'm not a war monger. As example, we never should have entered iraq.

Since Reagan it has been envogue to push for war but then not pay for them hence adding it to the debt. This is part of neo con ideology. So it matters because from what I gather you like the warfare state

Nope not at all. In fact I despise war. However the reality is that NK cannot have a nuclear capability.

so I say to you pay for it then by forking over 70% of your income.

I own a business and pay a substantial amount of taxes.

If Iraq is justified then we need to pay for it.

It's not justified. The simple fact of the matter is that the bush administration falsified intelligence to start a war with iraq. If I had my way, I would see the bush administration tried for war crimes.

If NK or Iran is justified lets pay for it.

I don't know that Iran is justified but NK seems like it's coming to a head.

Soldiers are sacrificing why arent we?

Soldiers are in fact sacrificing too much.

It wont happen though why? Because these are un justified wars and the only thing keeping people from rioting in the streets is the fact that we DONT pay for these wars our grandkids will.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by tjeffersonsghost]

Again, we never should have went into iraq. We shouldn't be involved in most conflicts we are currently involved in. However, NK is a different matter.

I've only made a few posts in this thread so making the assumption that I'm a war monger is way out of line. I hope I've cleared up any misconceptions you've OBVIOUSLY had about me.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

Well its either spend our tax dollars on something that could have the potential to save millions of people, or we couldjust spendour tax dollars on a high speed train, or on bailouts.
not a hard choice if you ask me.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Common Good]

Potential is the key word there. The fact is in all of the wars we have fought since WW2 you know how many were because we were attacked? None. If you think spending all of a countries money on military and not infrastructure and the people is the way to go then why not tell that to the Soviet Union. The exact reason why the Soviets fell was because they spent all their money on military for a threat that did not exist and forgot about economic development & domestic development. War is a racket making big money for a select few at the expense of many. Very few wars are actually "justified" but to keep the racket going they have to keep the level of fear high. NK doesnt present a threat to us or our allies. If they did attack then Im all for doing whatever to wiping them out. Until then we need to shut up and let them cry. I feel that way about Iran and I felt that way about Iraq also.....

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If North Korea is as suicidal as some believe, let them cause their own destruction.

We can knock down any of their pathetic missiles if needed, so what is the problem?

If they attempt an invasion of the south, or any hostile actions against US interests including allies, you can forget the Obama open hand of peace, they will cause their own demise.

It is all rather comedic when you really look at it, so have a laugh or two before it all gets "serious" will ya?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

MSNBC
Bin Laden comes home to roost
His CIA ties are only the beginning of a woeful story
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Bin Laden's, CIA roots. How We Created Our Own Terror
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

How the CIA created Osama bin Laden
www.greenleft.org.au...

Bin Laden: the former CIA 'client' obsessed with training pilots
www.guardian.co.uk...

The CIA met Bin Laden while undergoing treatment at an American Hospital last July in Dubai
www.globalresearch.ca...

Bin Laden: the CIA’s Frankenstein
www.plp.org...

I give up
people in this thread, this is the first time you heard Bin Laden is an ex-CIA agent?

Seriouslyyyyyyyyyyyy???????????????????????

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Good because they are going to go up and they need to go up until we the people start holding our government accountable for their big spending..

Good Choice.

Nope not at all. In fact I despise war. However the reality is that NK cannot have a nuclear capability.

We're a little to late there. They have bombs we need to just accept that. Now lets see what they do with them.....

I own a business to and I dont pay anywhere near the taxes I should because I write everything off. My personal rate is 35% my business is 18%

Well the balls in NK's court lets keep it there by keeping the rhetoric down and let them make a move. If they attack then we obliterate them.

Again, we never should have went into iraq. We shouldn't be involved in most conflicts we are currently involved in. However, NK is a different matter.

I've only made a few posts in this thread so making the assumption that I'm a war monger is way out of line. I hope I've cleared up any misconceptions you've OBVIOUSLY had about me.

NK is not a different matter. NK has not attacked us so we need to leave them alone. They talk smack but who cares sometimes the guy with the little D*** does the most talking while the one with the big one stays silent and lets little man talk....

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Good because they are going to go up and they need to go up until we the people start holding our government accountable for their big spending..

OK

Good Choice.

Yes I know.

We're a little to late there. They have bombs we need to just accept that. Now lets see what they do with them.....

It is what it is.

I own a business to and I dont pay anywhere near the taxes I should because I write everything off. My personal rate is 35% my business is 18%

I write quite a bit off too but I still pay quite a lot in taxes. If I didn't have my write off's I could personally finance at least 1 good war !

Well the balls in NK's court lets keep it there by keeping the rhetoric down and let them make a move. If they attack then we obliterate them.

The problem is not so much with an all out attack but in the transit/sale of nuclear materials to hostile countries.

NK is not a different matter. NK has not attacked us so we need to leave them alone. They talk smack but who cares sometimes the guy with the little D*** does the most talking while the one with the big one stays silent and lets little man talk....

Sure let's let a rogue nation build a nuclear stockpile and sell it to other rogue nations and wait until something bad happens before we do something. I don't think so.

Let's be honest, they have enough nuclear material to sell to other countries which is a threat in and of itself. Not to mention that their threats DO affect the world market which is fragile enough as it is. We cannot let a single country hold the entire world hostage both economically and militarily.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join