It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and Japan want serious response to N. Korea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

I agree and disagree. I agree that we should stop being the world police. I disagree with our response thus far. We should just ignore NK. Say nothing... nothing at all... in public that is. China and Russia WILL take care of it, it's bad for business.

[edit on 31/5/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

Ummmm that is exactly what I said our response should be. We need to sit back and ignore NK and let the people in the region handle it. Yes China will handle it because if they dont Japan is going to rearm themselves and China does not want this.

No, our response thus far has been to condemn ... talk, talk, talk. We need to just SHUT UP - have NO response. Do not even acknowledge Kimmy.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Did anybody else watch the 'Red Eye' show last night?(Sat. night) I usaully don't watch it because it gets way out of line for me sometimes but there was this Lt.Col. being interviewed about the NK situation.

He was saying how the U.S. couldn't really get involved but what he thought the best case scenario would be if an 'accident' were to happen to blow up their research/test facility and devestate the surrounding area,that may send a message to NK.

It just hit me funny that this Lt.Col. would publicly say something like this on national tv. What implications would happen to this Lt.Col.( or the U.S. whom he's representing) if an 'accident' did happen?

Anybody have any info on this Lt.Col.? I didn't catch his name.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

So The Taliban should be allowed to take over Pakistan and force that country back to year zero with it's barbaic brand of Islamic fundamentalism?

Actually there are many people in Pakistan who actually DO want that lifestyle. It's none of our business frankly if they dont want that life then the people will fight it and if they do want it then guess what Pakistan will get it. Once again it's not our job to police the world. If you want to police the world then by all means pony up 90% of your income to do so.....

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I completely agree with you Iamonlyhuman

also it would help the U.S.'s image if there were wars it wasn't invovled in
there's been none so far

even the russia vs. georgia had them in the picture
with u.s. subsidizing and u.s. troops guarding and oil pipelines going through georgia from the caspian sea

I thought u.s. wanted an image rebuild with Obama??

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

No, our response thus far has been to condemn ... talk, talk, talk. We need to just SHUT UP - have NO response. Do not even acknowledge Kimmy.

Right and thats exactly what I said go back and read it I said "I didnt like how Hillary came out and talking about US responses" I agree we should shut up and let the people over there handle it. If NK drops one of those missiles on us then by all means lets flatten them but until then we need to keep quiet....

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

So The Taliban should be allowed to take over Pakistan and force that country back to year zero with it's barbaic brand of Islamic fundamentalism?

How much percentage of the population does that represent?

Did you see the crowd that Bhutto was able to gather in Pakistan?
A WOMAN was able to gather an endless sight of pakistanis that wanted democracy

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

If Kim and his father weren't such self-serving, deluded and tyrannical despots then North Korea would not be in this situation.

It is of their doing and they should shoulder the blame / responsibility etc. (Not that it counts for anything really).

I agree, China and / or Russia will deal with it eventually, no-one in the region wants a militarised Japan and the US will not openly get involved.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Then the usa says they do not have an empire, lol.

Look at them now and the no empire lol dictating to n korea, when they are across the world.

Go and watch ron paul on this, lol.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

But without US support The Taliban will take over Pakistan.

So what is it?
US support or the tyranny of The Taliban?

I wonder how much freedom there would be under The Taliban?

Perhaps if you read up on some recent history in Afghanistan you would know.

US or The Taliban.
No competition in my book!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

But without US support The Taliban will take over Pakistan.

So what is it?

I wonder how much freedom there would be under The Taliban?

US or The Taliban.
No competition in my book!

Dude if thats what the people want then who are we to tell them any different? Not everyone wants to live in a society like ours and we shouldnt point guns and bombs at people who choose to live that different lifestyle. Keep in mind Afghanistan is still 80% controlled by the radicals why? Because they choose to live this lifestyle. If Pakistan wants it by all means let them have it. Although there are many people in Pakistan who do want it the ones who want freedom far outweigh them so the people will NOT let the Taliban take over. I love how we push "freedom" by the barrel of a gun while at the same time propping up many of the evil regimes that have created the anti western ideologues that haunt us.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I think the U.S. supported the tyranny of the taliban is what it is

Perhaps you should read up on some history books

Bin Laden was a CIA agent remember?

Here's some history for you
www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

have a nice day

[edit on 31-5-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

correct and as you stated who is one of the biggest holders of us bonds?

JAPAN

they will call the shots NOT

If they feel the people of Japan are at risk..... good bye kimmy

end of story

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

The Taliban did not have the support of the majority of Afghan's but they still took the country over because no-one was either capable or prepared to oppose them.
We are still paying the price for that non-intervention now.

If left unopposed then The Taliban will take over Pakistan, irrelevant of the wishes of the majority of Pakistani's.

The Taliban believe they HAVE to impose their barbaric and unwavering intepretation of Islam upon the whole world and will stop at nothing in trying to achieve their goals.

The Taliban make the current Saudi government and laws seem positively modern and ultra-liberal.

And what if Pakistan's nuclear arsenal comes under Taliban control.
Imagine India's response to that.
What about world security then?

Whilst I agree that the US, and the UK, have meddled far too much in other countries buisness, burying one's . in the sand and ignoring everything that goes onaround you only makes it easier for other's to shaft you from behind.
A cliche, but true!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I get the feeling, Russia and China are trying to sucker the US into a ..... into eh.... un-achievable goal.

Japans just being sucked in.

Nkorea hasnt done this without China and Russia's backing.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Did you ever stop and think.. Hey wait a minute
Islamic terroism was never what it is today before the installation of the shah of iran

ever stop and think about Pakistan
wasn't pakistan's stability fine until the U.S. put Musarraf into power?

ever stop and think that the war on Islam happened after powers that be started worryign that Islam was growing? And then it went from the fastest growing religion on earth to the most hated religion on earth almost overnight?

Ever stop and think?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

may i ask are your not American or have a faith?

i just get a very anti American feeling

ever stop to think that the people they mold stopped taking orders?

did you stop to think that sharia law is in fact real and people do in fact wish to do America harm based on ideology ?

I am not to sure the angle you are coming from? would you please expand on this?

I just wish to understand

thanks

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The insanity in all this is if Japan decides to get into the War business then all the rules are broken; they'll break out their damn Gundam ship nano nukes and it's all she wrote. There's a reason those guys are so chilled most of the time; they'd rather invest in their own defenses, can easily assume they have an arsenal of something.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Riviera

Japan invented this word

kamikaze

do not think they are soft what so ever they will kick NK's butts and the USA knows it

Took 2 nukes to stop them never forget that!! and china knows it all to well... and russia wants none of it.. but is fed up with china

usa has no choice as this was the agreement set after ww2 ...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
may i ask are your not American or have a faith?

I was born in NY and although I am a Hindu I don't practise it very much
I may practise some of it as a traditionalist but that's it
I don't believe in organized religion

i just get a very anti American feeling

Because I want americans to keep their money instead of subsidizing war and oppression?

you don't get an anti-american feelign
you just have little focus

did you stop to think that sharia law is in fact real and people do in fact wish to do America harm based on ideology ?

nobody wants to wish harm on america for ideology
to believe that simply means you have been fooled by neocons
ya sharia law is real, all that is needed is to deny it
it's not that hard, just deny it that's all
look at UK, isn't it their fault that parts of the country are politically supporting it?

People don't want to hurt america based on ideology
just read the CIA's 911 commission report
there's something called blowback

I am not to sure the angle you are coming from? would you please expand on this?

I just wish to understand

thanks

ask me anything
i'm an open book

im pretty sure everything in this thread understands the angle i'm coming from

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I was born in NY and although I am a Hindu I don't practise it very much I may practise some of it as a traditionalist but that's it

But is this no the problem?

you are speaking to someone who has NONE... and i am sorry if you think i am being fooled by neocons but like i stated be for i read a lot i do not own a tv and i see the world from a very different point of view than you do.

you said I want Americans not to subsides... but the topic is about N. Korea

so what is the other side of that argument? leave them alone? not take into account the very reason why japan has no nuke program is down to the treaty the signed with the usa at the end of ww2? or the fact that the reason japan is one of the largest buyers of bonds?

?? You see for me I see the world as a game a game we do not understand as plebs

But i do read books and i can see it very clear in another way ...

Japan is the main player here Not the USA....

So you can blame the usa for all you wish but the world IS not about the USA any more

that game is OVER

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join