It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and Japan want serious response to N. Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Russia and Japan want serious response to N. Korea

www.reuters.com

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and Japanese Prime Minister Taro Aso have agreed on the need for a serious response to this week's nuclear test by North Korea, the Kremlin said on Saturday.

The two leaders had a telephone conversation about North Korea's nuclear explosion, short-range missile launches and declarations about resumption of its nuclear program, it said in a statement.

"The parties shared the view that there is a need to most seriously respond to these ste
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Ron Paul on North Korea May 30

U.S., and now Russia and Japan want to dictate about North Korea's actions. I did some searching and it seems that South Korea doesnt' care.

But perhaps that's not the question at hand.
How come everything that the U.S. subsizes in a country, they later want to invade that country?

Subsize North Korea's nuclear program, soon we'll invade.
Subsidize Pakistan's nuclear program and put musarraf into power now let's invade.
Bin Laden a former CIA agent, now let's attack an entire country where he is residing.
Install puppet govts. in Iran, now let's blockade them with an armada of warships.

Anyone else see a trend here?

Is EVERYTHING a puppet show?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

So Russia and Japan want to take action against North Korea and it's the US's fault.

Run that by me again because I just don't get your line of thought.

Not everything in this world is The USA or UK's fault.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

No you misunderstand
I said it's U.S.'s fault about U.S.'s response

But I think what is happening is Japan and China are just riding the over-reaction bandwagon.

I mean Russia?
What does Russia have to worry about when it comes to N. Korea?
Absolutely Nothign!

Of course N.Korea's rethoric isnt the best either
I guess the mice will play until the cats come scratch em

But these countries are playing a game on behalf of the people's money.

That's what my point was/is,

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

NK borders both Russia and China!

you see the fear is that.. and let me point this out

The little nut jobs who run the place will want to kick some butt in the near future and take back SK or even worst Japan will get itchy fingers and start making nukes then it all goes crazy because that is not something China would like

Read your history books about Japan and China ! interesting to say the least, then you have the USA who defend Japan after nuke'ing them twice "the feel guilty and rightly so..

But the Japanese will not stand by and let nutty kimmy or whoever is in charge threaten them..

the Kamikaze kings will go all out war with NK... wont be pretty what so ever

And its in China's intrest to have Nuclear armed NK

This is very very complex war games

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I pretty much disagree with everything you just said.

ya NK borders russia and china and SK is right below in the same country
firstly there are american troops between SK and NK
NK knows it's limits, going to SK is war
NK knows this, that's one of the reasons why SK isn't reacting much now

and feel guilty? Ok firstly Japan is the U.S.'s bank right now bud
attacking them is like attacking your israel or china
you don't in international tense situations attack one of your biggest money-sharks in war.

secondly again.. guilt?
If there was guilt they would protect Iran, africa, burma, vietnam, pakistan etc.... instead of continuing to oppress them and install either puppet govts. or regimes in their countries.
Guilt is not even in the picture.

No, the japanese will not stand by if anything happens and NK knows this.

Yes it is complex war games but your looking at while still being stuck in the matrix while I am looking at it from the real world.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Me personally I like Obama's response to this so far...well for the most part. His response is to let NK run his mouth. I didnt like how Clinton came out and talked about "US responses" and crap but so far they are letting people in the region handle it like Japan and Russia. That is exactly how it should be. China is not liking this also its not in China's interest for NK to be running a muck because now Japan might want to beef up its military and make nukes too. This is no good for China so once again let them handle this we need to quit policing the world.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Quite simply, NK is bad for business. China (yes, I said China) and Russia will soon take care of Kim.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I'm sorry I don't see what the US has done wrong here.

North Korea is very important startegically.
It borders Russia and China and is very close to Japan.

As you know it's leader is very unpredictable and capable of causing no end of mischief in the region.
The man is the proverbial 'loose canon'.

Is it any wonder the US, along with every other nation, is concerned about NK's nuclear capability.

US policy may not be perfect but I struggle to think what else it could have done.

Appeasement does not work, read some history books.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost
Me personally I like Obama's response to this so far...well for the most part. His response is to let NK run his mouth. I didnt like how Clinton came out and talked about "US responses" and crap but so far they are letting people in the region handle it like Japan and Russia. That is exactly how it should be. China is not liking this also its not in China's interest for NK to be running a muck because now Japan might want to beef up its military and make nukes too. This is no good for China so once again let them handle this we need to quit policing the world.

I agree and disagree. I agree that we should stop being the world police. I disagree with our response thus far. We should just ignore NK. Say nothing... nothing at all... in public that is. China and Russia WILL take care of it, it's bad for business.

[edit on 31/5/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

The U.S. should mind its own business. Everywhere the U.S. has stepped foot in war and death has followed. It's like the horse of the apocalypse.

Look at Pakistan for example. The U.S. uses drones to kill "terrorists" in Pakistan without permission, then they FORCE Pakistan to attack the Taliban by threatening them saying "You either attack the terrorists or we will." Now there's more terrorist attacks in Pakistan because they are fighting extremists who they didn't have beef to begin with.

Same thing goes for Iraq and Afghanistan. Now the Jundullah terrorist group is blowing up places in Iran, and once again no one would be surprised if Jundullah is in fact backed up by the CIA to topple and get regime change in Iran.

It's all a game, so that the U.S. can conquer the world, but like every great civilization they collapse.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by bobbylove321]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

I agree and disagree. I agree that we should stop being the world police. I disagree with our response thus far. We should just ignore NK. Say nothing... nothing at all... in public that is. China and Russia WILL take care of it, it's bad for business.

[edit on 31/5/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

Ummmm that is exactly what I said our response should be. We need to sit back and ignore NK and let the people in the region handle it. Yes China will handle it because if they dont Japan is going to rearm themselves and China does not want this.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

no matrix here mate i just read history books

Its Japan you need to worry about..

and yes Japan is one of the biggest bond holders of us debt but it was also apart of a treaty for the USA to defend japan

That is why they do not have nukes

like i said read some books it helps

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I don't need to read history books but you need to get up to speed on current events and stop watchign Fox so much.

What is being sold to you is a facade.

NK with nukes is a slight danger but nothing compared to Israel
How many nukes will NK have?
How many does Israel have?

is that even a question?

Every israeli military initiative, almost, is funded by american fiat money.
Israel has national health care
NK goes to war it's soldiers will starve to death
There's no comparison

I know you think i'm going off-topic but i'm not, i'm just trying to make you focus on the real picture.

And for the "i still don't see what the u.s. did was wrong here" let's just say it needs to stop subsidizing any foreign program.
And if it does, good luck for the country on the other end of that program.
hysteria will follow, then invade invade invade invade
"we have to attack them before they attack us"
bla bla bla bla bla

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
here, take a look at the rethoric in this article and also peek at the author names of this article:
www.fcnl.org...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

But we aren't talking about Israel, we are talking about North Korea!

Your blind hatred of the US clouds your judgement.

This has nothing to do with the US, this is not of their making.

I repeat, not all the world's ill's are the fault of America!

Oh, too much Fox?
I'm not American, I don't live in America....I don't get Fox!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

This has nothing to do with invading NK its about Japan!

and i do not own a TV as its brain rot

But i do read and to understand that the only reason japan has no nuke program is a treat that was signed after ww2 that permits them having some things but in return the USA will defend Japan in time of war ..

Now the issue with russia and china is a bit more complex as its down to borders as they do have a very very big border and still have disputes and russia knows that if china continues to support there little deskpots down south then its all going to to pear shaped

NK are a proxy for china and at the same time have their own mental ambitions of reunification of Korea.

Japan will get miffed and the usa will have to step in and russia knows this...

China knows this also

very complex like i said and if and when Japan gets the OK from russia and the USA

China has no choice but to follow the money and deal with this problem/solution it created and supports

ww3 will not come from Korea

Money makes the world go round and NK has NONE

I don't need to read history books

and why is that? have you? or you just didn't??

[edit on 31-5-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321

Look at Pakistan for example. The U.S. uses drones to kill "terrorists" in Pakistan without permission, then they FORCE Pakistan to attack the Taliban by threatening them saying "You either attack the terrorists or we will." Now there's more terrorist attacks in Pakistan because they are fighting extremists who they didn't have beef to begin with.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by bobbylove321]

So The Taliban should be allowed to take over Pakistan and force that country back to year zero with it's barbaic brand of Islamic fundamentalism?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
But we aren't talking about Israel, we are talking about North Korea!

As mentioned I was tryign to give you focus

Your blind hatred of the US clouds your judgement.

Hatred of the U.S.?
So me being against the people's and their great grandchildren's money being sent overseas for programs that will later be used for scare tactics makes me anti-american?

"hey america, I don't want your economy to crumble", me saying that makes me an american hater?

See once again, focus!

This has nothing to do with the US, this is not of their making.

Ok so what they subsidized has nothing to do with them.
Gotcha!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Very valid statement

Money is and always will be the reason.. you see be for it was based on ideology, this has changed to about economic dominance

China will deal with its own little creation in due time with the help of russia who have made it clear it does not want japan to get miffed and the usa who will go all out to defend japan

as it was so shall it be

MONEY little kimmy has another thing coming and was not invited to the party

Nk will be dealt with in due time

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join