It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overpopulation Makes No Sense!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11andrew34

Originally posted by mopusvindictus a single asteroid can be worth 17 Trillion in Platinum RIGHT NOW

When there's a bunch of people up there living and working in space, the most valuable thing you can find might end up being water that is in a convenient location/orbit.
[edit on 4-6-2009 by 11andrew34]

I used to think the same thing about water in space, but apparently
if we do go into space we got a good place to get water in Ceres.

Asteroid may have more fresh water than Earth

Freaked me out and made me wonder about the whole Tiamat theory.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
bobbylove321 ,Ex_MislTech, TruthWarrior ,
First off, all this talk about everyone in the world fitting into a small area is totally ridiculous and meaningless psychobabble. Get over it and get real.

Space colonization is equally ridiculous for many reasons that I wont’ go into.

Now then, tell me,
Exactly how more humans on Earth will make things better.

All of you have completely ignored the current situation for humans on this planet. You have the one track mind of a Cancer Cell. Multiply, multiply, multiply, multiply, multiply, multiply ad infinatum.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
You have the one track mind of a Cancer Cell. Multiply, multiply, multiply, multiply, multiply, multiply ad infinatum.

Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

~ Georgia Guidestones

[edit on 5/6/09 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

It's not a matter of how many humans on earth will make it a better place. It's a matter of when the corrupted Elite will end their crap.

If you think space exploration is a fantasy, then your mindset is in the 12th century.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by bobbylove321]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I agree to what your getting at in the OP- IN THEORY. However in order to keep up our collective well-being as a species-the technology to do so must become economically viable, or the corporations controlling them will never let them out. Already established corporations need to recognise the need for such technologies (anyone remember the battle between fossil and renewable fuels?) and there needs not to create a monopoly on anything.

People need to change their collective mindset and not view the planet as their sole possession and moneybag before any of this however.

This is going to be the hardest thing to change, especially the entrenched, supermarket shopping, me me me mentality we have now.

As for growing food in caves- do you have any idea how much it would cost to put miles of cable, dig up the ground to lay said cable and send electricity through them to provide your make believe gardens with artificial light? Not to mention making sure the soil-if there is any-is suitable for those crops?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ShiningSabrewolf

The U.S. has thousands of miles of underground military bases, and other technology, food storage down there.

It's already been done, and it's not a matter of "building" them because it has been done. Where do you think the Trillions of dollars in debt the government is in came from? They've been building underground bases for over 30 years now.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
So how are you going to get them to let people use their ready-made underground gardens then?
... and even if they do, how/who is going to pay for it? Your government? The New World Bank? YOU?
I see you said storage not growing, farming, planting. Are you suggesting people live off freeze dried crap rather than natural produce? I thought you were for the organic food?

How do you propose to petition them to release all this tech to the people?

And how are you going to change the minds of your fellow Americans?

Oh, and where's the proof this underground utopia exists?

[edit on 6-6-2009 by ShiningSabrewolf]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

That is an eyebrow raiser for the Tiamat idea. But it could be decades or even 100 years or more before that water is easy for the people in space but near earth to get.

If large numbers of people aren't living and working in space until a major break through, then they could probably get that water right away and thus no water in space would be all that valuable.

But with space elevators and no warp drive, orbital constructions, Lagrange point stations, lunar constructions, the water has to be in just the right local orbit or on the moon to be very valuable. Remember, it takes more energy to go from the ISS to a geosynchronous orbit than it does to launch from the Earth.

Though with elevators and a serious fresh water production infrastructure on earth, perhaps you could really just bring enough of it up the elevator. Star Trek's Federation not using any sort of money at all might really not be all that far fethced.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Quote bobby love: “It's not a matter of how many humans on earth will make it a better place. It's a matter of when the corrupted Elite will end their crap.

If you think space exploration is a fantasy, then your mindset is in the 12th century.”

****bobby, get real. At this point in time space exploration is in its infancy. There is no way that can come to be within the next 10 years, at which time Earth’s population will likely be 14 billion.

And why go thru all the trouble to deal with the 8 billion or so folks that are and will always be the "have-nots".

It is so much simpler just to not let them be born.

Those Elite will never end “their crap”. So get over that. Your answers are devious.
You are avoiding the real issue.

How will YOUR life be improved by the added 7 billion people?

How will human life on Earth be improved by the addition of another 6-7 billion people?
There will just be twice as many living in squalor.
There will just be twice as many dieing in wars.
There will just be twice as many starving.

So what is the point of multiplying?

It is not a matter of coping with the added people;
It is a matter of why should we add them?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

People are not a liability, they are an expression of life, and life is an expression of love. To deny the people the world is to deny the world of itself.

Everything bad for humans on this planet stems from denying love. We were given a paradise by god but we never bothered to read the operating manual...

I however did read it. It has one page. In the middle there is some bold print:

Love or die.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Mindmelding]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Yup, the problem is the greedy theives with the big guns that are preventing everyone from spreading out and having their OWN frigging land.... FOR FREEE I MIGHT ADD!!!!!!

What kind of a frigging world do we live in, where everyone is basically born HOMELESS, and then work their ENTIRE lives for a "HOME" that is supposedly really owned by a bank or government???

The time to pay the piper is comming up pretty frigging fast....I am pretty sure most people are finally starting to see this.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by mellisamouse]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
mind melding, you seem to be living in a fantasy world.
Take a few minutes to look at the real world around you.
People have not loved each other since the beginning of time.
Why do you think anything will change if there are 7 billion more people on Earth?

WE were never given any kind of Paradise. We are the result of genetic manipulation by aliens who wanted workers/slaves.
They WORKED in that "garden".
Those who were writtem about as gods were more or less humans with a very nasty temper.
THey are the coneheads. Their offspring were the Pharoahs and are the Royalty of the world. Why do you suppose there are heritable government offices?

In your bible they are called the Anakim, Nephilim and "fallen angels".
Adam was a geneticly modified human.

"If suddenly there was a threat to this world from some other species from another planet we'd forget all the little local differences that we have between our two countries and we would find out once and for all that we really are all human beings on this Earth.......And yet, I ask, is not an Alien force ALREADY among us?...There are only a handful of people who know the truth about this. (Ronald Reagan to a full session of the United Nations, 9/21/1987)

Don Juan, the shaman source for the books of Carlos Castaneda, was so right when he said:

‘We have a predator that came from the depths of the cosmos and took over the rule of our lives. Human beings are its prisoners. The predator is our lord and master. It has rendered us docile, helpless. If we want to protest, it suppresses our protest. If we want to act independently, it demands that we don’t do so … indeed we are held prisoners.

Think for a moment, and tell me how you would explain the contradictions between the intelligence of man the engineer and the stupidity of his systems of belief, or the stupidity of his contradictory behavior. Sorcerers believe that the predators have given us our systems of beliefs, our ideas of good and evil; our social mores. They are the ones who set up our dreams of success or failure. They have given us covetousness, greed, and cowardice. It is the predator who makes us complacent, routinary, and egomaniacal."

Melissa mouse, what are you saying? Spread out and have our own land?
14 billion people?
Do you really mean we should cause extinction of all other animals?
Would there not be commercial centers where people would work?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Absolutly NOT to spread out and ruin nature at ALL, but live in harmony with it....using composting toilets, solar energy, growing our own food, etc........i could spend months explaing it.....kinda like the Anastasia books, the ringing cedars of russia.....spread out and live like that.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Originally posted by 11andrew34

Originally posted by mopusvindictus a single asteroid can be worth 17 Trillion in Platinum RIGHT NOW

When there's a bunch of people up there living and working in space, the most valuable thing you can find might end up being water that is in a convenient location/orbit.
[edit on 4-6-2009 by 11andrew34]

Asteroid may have more fresh water than Earth

Or we could just get water from places like Mars..

Or we could just get water from any of the thousands and thousands of comets out there that occasionally Careen into the inner solar system from the Oort Cloud.

Or we could get water from other comet-rich regions out there we don't know about yet that are similar to the Oort Cloud.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The planet is over populated.

Imagine a family with 25 kids and the parents can only feed 8 of them. Sure, they may live in this huge mansion and have all these extra bedrooms, but that doesn't mean they should keep having kids to fill up the house. How much space is left on the planet means nothing if a significant number of people have a very poor quality of life.

Let us not forget that the Earth is a place of FINITES. We have limited resources with which to grow/sustain society.

storyofstuff.com...
www.bestlifeonline.com...

[edit on 6/8/09 by Angry Danish]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join