It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The church loves Athiests and Satanists!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Yep thats right, you read it correctly!
The most powerful church in the world, as we have it is the Roman Catholic Church. And if anyone hasn't noticed: they have employed a ex-brown shirt as leader and figure-head.
How, you may ask does a Hitler Youth member become Pope?
The church loves opposition- so much that they will 'devilishly' bow in exchange for the fruits of betrayal. Ever wonder why the Vatican remained neutral through-out WWII?
Instead of drawing a line between the good/bad; it waited in the wings to reap the souls of the misguided, and those that had given up hope.

As far as Satanists go; you are a God-send (pardon the pun).
You provide the church with a scapegoat for bad examples; don't worry about the amounts of the preisthood being charged for peadophilia; there is always an evil agenda somewhere that can be conveniently utilized to take the heat off themselves.

Athiests, the church loves you too; as Oscar wild said " the only thing worse than being talked about; is not being talked about at all"!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
Yep thats right, you read it correctly!
The most powerful church in the world, as we have it is the Roman Catholic Church. And if anyone hasn't noticed: they have employed a ex-brown shirt as leader and figure-head.
How, you may ask does a Hitler Youth member become Pope?
The church loves opposition- so much that they will 'devilishly' bow in exchange for the fruits of betrayal. Ever wonder why the Vatican remained neutral through-out WWII?
Instead of drawing a line between the good/bad; it waited in the wings to reap the souls of the misguided, and those that had given up hope.

Wow. So much ignorance, so little time.

I don't see the conspiracy here, but I'll chime in anyway.

First and foremost, you are right. The Church does love satanists and atheists. And agnostics, and Catholics, and Buddhists and 7th Day Adventists and Hindus and LDS members.

Thanks for pointing out that the Church is based on love and a drive to bring the gospel to all people.

Second, the Pope was not a brown shirt (who were members of the SA) and the Church did not remain neutral during WWII. Pick up a book by a serious historian and do some actual research instead of believing whatever is convenient for your anti-Catholic bigotry. The Church acted socially, politically and actively against Hitler.

But please, don't let the facts get in the way of some old fashioned ignorant hatred.

Eric

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Wow. So much ignorance, so little time.

You said it, not me.
When you are prapared to get your head from the clouds and have a reality check- its a sarcactic OP; yes the lowest form of wit- that you have compromised and replied to.
The church doesn't give a hoot who or what you are; they will use you to perpetuate their own goal- making money, and keeping their in house peadophiles above speculation.
and anyway you have a jealous "God"- whichever one that is?
but with the bible, it could be one of many Amen:shk:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

I am not going to agree with all of your post, but I do remember talking to my Jewish neighbor about why the Catholic Church's hierarchy did not say anything about the holocaust. She was surprised, and said I was the only Catholic who had ever brought up that subject (I was raised Catholic). While the Church was quiet, there were many priests and other clerics who put their lives on the line to protect Jews and other persecuted peoples. The Vatican and its government is one thing; the individual churches are another. Please do not put all Catholic clerical members in the same boat.

Of the Church scandal, there were many people who sued the Church just to get a payout. While I condemn the bad priests and the actions of many archdioceses, I do think the actual number of victims is much lower than claimed. There was a scandal a while back ago when a young man claimed he was abused by the Archbishop of Chicago (who was dying of cancer). The young man later recanted, saying he got the memory from hypnotic regression.

Although I am a Pagan, the Church still loves me. My family may disagree with my spiritual beliefs, but they have not shunned me.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Where on earth are you getting the idea that the Church didn't speak out during WWII?

For crying out loud, they were praised by the NY Times (not the most pro-Catholic organization out there) for doing so and the allies dropped pamphlets with encyclicals from the Church denouncing anti-semitism and the politics of race.

There were plans by the Nazis to physically attack the Vatican and kill the Pope due to his refusal to not stand by and remain silent.

Seriously, spend 5 minutes on some research.

Eric

[edit on 1-6-2009 by EricD]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
well they do have to stay in keeping with
"love your enemy as yourself" so it makes sense on a doctrine level why they would express that. I dont think it does much though.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

Seriously, spend 5 minutes on some research.

Eric

[edit on 1-6-2009 by EricD]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

but with the bible, it could be one of many

Are you sure? I was under the impression that the bible says there is only one God. Can you clarify this statement? If you are privy to some arcane scripture that says there is more than one I would like to see it. I'm not talking about the trinity either.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Eight

Are you sure? I was under the impression that the bible says there is only one God. Can you clarify this statement? If you are privy to some arcane scripture that says there is more than one I would like to see it. I'm not talking about the trinity either.

Have you actually read it? I'd think not- or you didn't commit any particular part to memory.
Heres'a starter for you.
1) Yah weh
2)Amen
3) Jesus ( supposedly the son of God).
Go figure and get a clue.
And the scripture that I refer to is the King James Bible, nothing too arcane, but not the most dated. although you may scoff at older versions, they are more true to the point of the original texts; not like the 'chinese whispers' of the Good news etc .

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I already had a clue, a clue that you are wrong and you don’t know what you are talking about.

This is what you said:

you have a jealous "God"- whichever one that is?
but with the bible, it could be one of many

You specifically used the word "Bible" as in Holy Bible.

You also said:

And the scripture that I refer to is the King James Bible, nothing too arcane, but not the most dated. although you may scoff at older versions, they are more true to the point of the original texts.

Once again you are very specific as to what you are referring to. So now that we have established that you are talking about the bible we can begin but first a little history. The Bible is translated from the Hebrew Bible which is a complete account of the Oral Law, which is also known as the Torah.

Now here is a list you made listing all the different Gods in the Bible.

1) Yah weh
2)Amen
3) Jesus ( supposedly the son of God).

Lets start withYahWeh

Yahweh is the name, in Hebrew, that many Bibles show as THE LORD.
Yahweh is the Creator.

en.wikipedia.org...
wsu.edu...

Ok lets take Amen.

Amen (Amen Ra) is among the gods who were known to the Egyptians. Egyptians believed in many gods but we aren’t talking about them, now are we.
www.touregypt.net...

So lets take Amen one more time.

Amen is in the Bible but it means to agree.

www.easyenglish.info...

Do we really need to discuss Jesus? especially when I said not to use the Holy Trinity.

Now do you still want to say that the bible has many God's There is only one God the bible speaks of but he many names. For example Alpha,Omega

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Eight

The Bible is translated from the Hebrew Bible which is a complete account of the Oral Law, which is also known as the Torah.

Are you talking about the Old Testament? Because, as history would have it that is the only tome that reflects the Torah; the bible (as any prtesent day Christian would know it, is a combination of the Old and New Testament.
The New Testament, as such, has nothing to do with Hebrews; as far as I ( or anyone else would concur ), Constantine was Roman!!!And interestingly the oldest copies, are in fact in ancient Greek (not hebrew).

Amen (Amen Ra) is among the gods who were known to the Egyptians. Egyptians believed in many gods but we aren’t talking about them, now are we. www.touregypt.net...

Aren't we; we'll if in your divine wisdom....you say so. but I was!

So lets take Amen one more time. Amen is in the Bible but it means to agree.

Yeah, blah blah blah; I've heard this tripe many times, without an once of evidence to back up the claim except for Christian faith, which I don't tout that luxury (I try to be more truthful!).

Do we really need to discuss Jesus? especially when I said not to use the Holy Trinity.

Have I plundered upon a point of inconvenience, in your predictable and common course of opposition? Personally I dont care one Iota what topic you have requested to be censored.
Why not discuss Jesus, and furthermore the nuaseously hilarity of the trinity ( I suppose you don't want mention that one as you can't logically explain it .LMFAO

Now do you still want to say that the bible has many God's There is only one God the bible speaks of but he many names. For example Alpha,Omega
So, What? Now your Gods name is characters of the Greek alphabet also

While we are at it why dont we add mother Mary in ther for good measure!
And remember God (which-ever one you think appropriate, is a jealous God-HE? may not like you worshipping graven images of Mary

Whatever; but this brings me back to the opening post; the church loves us all......especially brainwashed champions that know little, yet know it all- and you think you can speak for the rest of us

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Are you talking about the Old Testament? Because, as history would have it that is the only tome that reflects the Torah; the bible (as any prtesent day Christian would know it, is a combination of the Old and New Testament.

Ok, logic don’t seem to work so let me try over simplification.

God, Allah and Elohim are all the same God in regards to the three monotheistic religions. Elohim, for example, is referred to as Yahweh in Judaism.

Monotheism is the belief in the existence of a single God. The religion that we are talking about(Christianity) is based on this belief.

Didn’t you look this up?

The New Testament, as such, has nothing to do with Hebrews

I think you need to talk to somebody because they have put a whole section pertaining to Hebrews in the New Testament.

scriptures.lds.org...

as far as I ( or anyone else would concur ), Constantine was Roman!!!And interestingly the oldest copies, are in fact in ancient Greek (not hebrew).

The Septuagint translated this term into Greek from the original Hebrew. The only difference between the Old and New Testaments is the coming of Christ. The Old Testament is everything that was revealed about God prior to the coming of his Son.

www.newadvent.org...

Aren't we; we'll if in your divine wisdom....you say so. but I was!

No, you was talking about polytheism which is an Egyptian belief system.

You just got caught being wrong. I established with your own words that you were talking about the Bible which is a one god belief system.

Yeah, blah blah blah; I've heard this tripe many times, without an once of evidence to back up the claim except for Christian faith, which I don't tout that luxury (I try to be more truthful!).

This explains why you are ignorant about what you are trying to debate. grow up. And I did provide a link for you,you just refuse to except it.

Where are your links to support your position?

Have I plundered upon a point of inconvenience, in your predictable and common course of opposition? Personally I dont care one Iota what topic you have requested to be censored.

No,that is not the case at all, I just know that trying to explain the holy trinity is over your head.

You would have to explain how if the Bible specifically states over and over again that there is only one God, how can it say that there are three Gods in one God.

And judging on your rebuttals and lack of maturity, you can't do it.

and furthermore the nuaseously hilarity of the trinity ( I suppose you don't want mention that one as you can't logically explain it .LMFAO

Why would I talk about the cheerfulness of the trinity?

Before you try and use big words, make sure you use them in the right context. That is why this makes no sense. Look up ever word before “trinity” and you will see what I’m talking about.

Once again,grow up.

Whatever; but this brings me back to the opening post; the church loves us all......especially brainwashed champions that know little, yet know it all- and you think you can speak for the rest of us

Ok,you have to explain this because I don't get it.

Take that poster's advice and take 5 minutes and do some research,please!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Eight

This explains why you are ignorant about what you are trying to debate. grow up. And I did provide a link for you,you just refuse to except it.

No, you are ignorant. Just because you provide a link doesn't mean that that link should be held as gospel.
And running around as if you are a professor of theology, is also laughably ignorant- I think this is what you refuse to accept.

I think you need to talk to somebody because they have put a whole section pertaining to Hebrews in the New Testament.

What a trite and obvious answer.
Obvoiusly you are too ignorant to accept that no biblical inclusion reflects history at large; in other words, the scripts that were used in its compilation do not reflect a static, chronological order, so therefore, have only a vague historical context.

The Septuagint translated this term into Greek from the original Hebrew. The only difference between the Old and New Testaments is the coming of Christ. The Old Testament is everything that was revealed about God prior to the coming of his Son.

Ahhh yes the septuagint- but their translations were not correct in all cases: eg: the meaning of the word Messiah.

No, you was talking about polytheism which is an Egyptian belief system.

That one thing we can agree on; the bible is rife with polytheism; which is unfortunately the nature of its plagiary origins; remember whose house Moses was raised within? so consider yourself caught......

I love this one; thats why I like revising it! This comment shows that you are not only ignorant, but also arrogant, you just refuse to accept it.LOL

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Ok, I can see what you want and I I'm only entertained by a jack-in-the box for so long.

At least this time you didn't use words that you didn't know.

You can somewhat redeem yourself by explaining to me how the Bible is based on polytheism. And provide links to support you argument.

Wait,forget my request, you're too lazy. All I would get is your uninformed rhetoric,supposition, and conjecture.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Eight]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Mood: classic blonde

This explains all.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Eight

Hi Eight,
firstly.....

This explains all.

And secondly:

I think those 'hell-fires' have burnt your credibility a little.
Before you poke fun at others attempts at comedy, make sure your own are perfect; before you cast the stones.

Anyway I love you Eight!!!!!

top topics

join