It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment - A point to be reached? ...or a way of life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It's not a state I don't think where you say "I've got it!", it might seem that way that you have a point like that and you're "enlightened" but in my education it says its more like steps. There's always improvement that can be made for a human being I'd say.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

I look at it the same way, in my experience. I think there's a potential choice to reach a point and decide it's far enough. But for me it makes sense to follow the natural rhythm of life I see in a progress of expansion and contraction.

Living life like we breath makes sense to me.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
"Enlightened" to me is simply a title that people like to give themselves, and most that say they are , often are the ones who aren't and are the furthest from it.

I feel that true enlightenment is something that is achieved by simply living life. It is tailored to each individual, it is never something that can be fulfilled or completely obtained.

To me it's just a word people like to throw around and the true meaning is often lost in the self ego stroking that takes place when a person tries to claim to be enlightened.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join