It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did man look to the heavens, because no-mn is fit to rule?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
We have all seen the graces (or disgrace) of our world leaders in the past 10 or so years- even longer.
We vote these people into office to do a job, seemingly in our best intersts. Routinely there is a trend that election policies are forgotten soon after these elections. And ultimatley, the status quo outs.
We have many times asked the question- What will succeed democracy? there have been other political models discussed, but these discussions all have a similar conclusion- a human being (most likely a man ) will rule.
Has this facet of politics always been the same?
Human nature and history predicts that anyone that wants political power, should not be allowed to have it!
So, I ask, did man turn to the heavens; in mere frustration with this situation- hoping for a higher power to deliver the people from bondage?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
That seems plausible but i dont think so. I believe it was because of people who wanted to believe that they were more than just made of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and other basic compounds. But that is just my take on it

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Democracy is horrible. It doesn't respect the individual. It is just another form of mob/majority rules. All that is needed is to convince the majority, and you can be whatever kind of dictator you want. Thus why politicians sit around and look and hold too whatever majority opinion they can find.

That is why the US is not a democracy. Although they certainly try to turn it into one and so forth. For control reasons of course.

There is no man fit to rule. None. They have no real authority at all, outside what other men give to them.

This topic is actually explained in the OT, in 1 Samuel 8.

www.biblegateway.com...

To summarize. The people of Israel want a king to judge them like the nations have. God says that the people who want this reject him. But as the people demand it, they are given one. And they are told the manner in which they will be ruled. And the manner in which they rule is not exactly nice.

The fact of the matter is this - the people have gotten everything they have asked for. They basically openly ask to be treated the way we are treated.

And while I have used the bible in this example, it still applies today. The bible example is mostly just a measure of how long this has been going on, and that it's not exactly "new".

See, when people think about government programs, and things government can do, they do not look at in terms of what could be done. They are blinded and only see it as if they were the ones in charge. Such is an illusion that the leaders are going to act in the same manner. Find some big government person, and they will always talk about things as being good, and being done in the way they want. And such is not the case.

Politicians know this. And so they use what I call hollow words. By using hollow words, then the people do the above and fill up the meaning of the words as being what they would want.

For example: Change. Promising change. We see it over and over, Obama being only the most recent. But change is in itself a hollow word. What kind of change? What changes are going to be made? It's never really said. But you can sell "change" in a hollow way, and then the people say "yeah!! Change, we need change!!!". And the changes they imagine are not the same changes they will get. Hollow word, which is then filled up by the people themselves. As each person fills the hollow words on their own, it is easy to appeal to a majority of people.

"I am going to make things better". Who doesn't want to make things better? When I say that, and when you think about making things better, you are going to be thinking of many things. And so you will likely agree with me, "Yeah, we need to make things better, I'm going to vote for you". Of course, as the words themselves were hollow, I never defined what I meant by making things better. And you just got fooled as I make things better in the way I want, not in the way you want.

Most people have no clue about god, even religious people. So the above bible verses will make no sense to the majority of people. Kind of hard to allow god to be the one who rules when they have no idea what such is, much less how to follow it. But that is the state of the day I suppose.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Most people have no clue about god, even religious people. So the above bible verses will make no sense to the majority of people. Kind of hard to allow god to be the one who rules when they have no idea what such is, much less how to follow it. But that is the state of the day I suppose.

Thanks for the feedback Badmedia! I suppose my point in the OP was not really pertinent to any religion in particular; and probably less to organized religions that that have churches, mosques, or synagogues.
The point is that no matter what is quoted in the bible, politics and organised religions have always played hand in hand.
In the middle ages there was very little distinction between the 2.
Presently, they are great bedfellows; the perimeters are a little obscure though.
Could this be the answer to Humns wanting Alien contact?
I am in no way suggesting that we are the only "intellegent" lifeforms. On the contrary, I believe different.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Well that is because both politics and religion are things which try to gain power, control and authority over others. So the tactics are pretty much the same among both.

Sheeps clothing = symbolism and idols.

I first noticed this being done in politics, but also realized it was the case in religion as well.

Why this is the case is because the ones with the actual and real authority are the people themselves. So these people have to appear to be good and such in the eyes of men. If the people themselves no longer go along, then these men have lost their power. And as a result, the masses get manipulated and so forth. And the last thing they want are people who don't fall for manipulation.

It's been talked about for a long long time as well. A sorcerer is basically just a politician. They use words(spells) in order to manipulate and control the people. Then they have a good amount of power at their hands to do their bidding. It gets confused in movies like Harry Potter, which are entertaining, but that isn't what a sorcerer actually does.

And yes, it happens among all religions. I just don't know the others as well.

The thread below has a movie in it that pretty much hits on how it's done. Probably the best video I've seen done in regards to this.

Michael Tsarions - Architects of Control Program

People wanting alien contact are no different than people waiting for Jesus to return. They see the problems and symptoms, they are unsure of the real cause and desperately hope someone will come and save them.

And I agree, I am not someone who is against aliens and I would be absolutely shocked if it turned out other life didn't exist in the universe. What a waste. But the people here and what I was trying to point out in my first post openly ask for what we have. They crave it, they want it, they will fight you to the death to keep it.

When it's a matter of someone's free will, no alien race that is "good" is going to do much IMO. I think it's going to be a matter of what it takes and how bad it gets before people wake up. If the light being turned on doesn't wake the people up, then prepare to have water thrown on you, and your beds turned over.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

It's been talked about for a long long time as well. A sorcerer is basically just a politician.

Are we talking about a sorcerer in the biblical sense?
Remember when the high-priest changed the staff to a serpent, that was sorcery, when Moses does it, its considered a miracle!
I am not really sure how you put sorcerers in the same ball park as politicians; an intriguing hypothesis.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
Are we talking about a sorcerer in the biblical sense?
Remember when the high-priest changed the staff to a serpent, that was sorcery, when Moses does it, its considered a miracle!
I am not really sure how you put sorcerers in the same ball park as politicians; an intriguing hypothesis.

Yes, that is symbolism. Serpent = wisdom. But they have forked tongues, so while they have wisdom, they are also deceitful.

They put their wisdom and understanding on the floor, and they were no match for Moses. His serpent ate the others.

The story is allegorical. Just like the apple in the garden etc. Some people try to make it out as snake charmers making a staff out of a snake by applying pressure on certain nerves etc. But a single snake isn't going to eat a bunch of other snakes.

It would be like going to D.C. among all their lies and "sorcery", and proving them wrong/exposing them for what they really are. But not just saying - you are wrong, but showing a wisdom and understanding that is far greater than anything they talk about, to the point where they have to admit he is right.

Be ye therefore wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I hope not to offend anyone by injecting ideas from the Bible since this is not the religions thread, but we are talking of theories anyway, so...

Badmedia you are correct in the Old Testament, but in the New Testament, things have reversed and God sent his Son to be a divine King to his people. But they crucified him....

I think there are actually humans here with no divine backgrounds worthy of ruling humanity. I have researched this phenomenon and such qualified persons unfortunately will suffer the same fate. They will be hated by the masses and killed just like Jesus. Ideas that do work has to be the things most people hate.

In the end, it's not just the ruler/King's fault, it's also the subject's fault, we get what we deserve for not being courageous enough to value and respect individuality.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

The story is allegorical.

My friend, that can be said for the whole bible! I dont take it as gospel (pardon the pun), yet I believe that if individuals can derive goodness from its stories, I wish you the best.
Serpent appears on the "solar caduseus" or staff of hermes. The symbol that our medical fraternity uses as a logo.
Would it be any coincidence that our medicos' are so ingrained within governmental life?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Yes, I think the majority of it is allegorical as well. An artist tells a lie in order to reveal the truth. The only way to get such understandings beyond the "powers" is to hide it. And so it actually is never really hidden, just hidden because it's not understood. Hidden only from those who don't understand.

Modern day example is the Matrix movie. I'm a huge fan of it. Some people got the deeper understanding and meaning of the movie. While those without understanding only got a movie with cool special effects and a sci-fi plot.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
I hope not to offend anyone by injecting ideas from the Bible since this is not the religions thread, but we are talking of theories anyway, so...

Badmedia you are correct in the Old Testament, but in the New Testament, things have reversed and God sent his Son to be a divine King to his people. But they crucified him....

I think there are actually humans here with no divine backgrounds worthy of ruling humanity. I have researched this phenomenon and such qualified persons unfortunately will suffer the same fate. They will be hated by the masses and killed just like Jesus. Ideas that do work has to be the things most people hate.

In the end, it's not just the ruler/King's fault, it's also the subject's fault, we get what we deserve for not being courageous enough to value and respect individuality.

I can't really reply without taking things to a very religous place. If you'd like to start a thread on the topic, I'll be happy to reply there.

In the end, it is the people themselves who hold the authority. But they continue to accept the wicked, they walk on in darkness and do not understand(Psalm 82, Matthew 7).

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Here is a stab in the dark........
Do you think that mans 'present' inability to accept other men as leaders, boils down to the fact that we are hominid/alien hybrids?
The struggle within is from an ancient incompatible ancestry- some facets want to follow, in opposition to the facets of Homo sapiens sapiens, that don't?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

To be perfectly honest I think such things are useless and a waste of time. I do not think those kinds of things matter at all. I have no idea if it is true or not, I suppose anything is possible. But right and wrong, knowledge and understanding are completely unrelated to that kind of a topic.

I think of those topics as distractions. Don't get me wrong, it's very interesting stuff, and entertaining as well. But a distraction from what is really important.

Like take people and the reptilians stuff. Does it really matter if what is enslaving you is a human or an alien? Not really, the action itself is what mattered. No matter if it's a human or an alien behind it, it's still bad either way. So I think recognizing the way these things work, and so forth is much more valuable and productive than arguing over aliens and such.

So I dunno. Don't mean to poop on what you said, but it's just not something I personally worry about. I like to hear the stories and such, but I always just consider them stories/entertainment. And when I hear those stories, I more look for the understanding of how the enslavement is done, rather than the aliens such.

Have you ever seen the movie "they live" from back in the 80's? It's about aliens who disguse themselves into society and enslave the population with mind control and so forth. Turning them into a bunch of consumers. Well when I watch that movie, I am more interested in the how's, and the truth it speaks in that area, rather than the alien factor itself. Again, back to the above.

As well, I personally think mans problem is generally that they accept other men as leaders way to often. That seems to be the status quo to me. It would be nice IMO if men didn't accept the authority of other men so readily and instead held truth and what is right or wrong as the authority.

new topics

top topics

join