It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guys i think hellraiser movie..the puzzlebox is real look inside

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
www.pyramid-gallery.com...

Read it closely

even says box is in working order ..but to be destroyed.

extremely creepy i wouldn't own that box either lol

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I have no idea what you are talking about..

But IMO this could be some good disinformation with the writing on the .pdf you linked to "TO BE DESTROYED" in pen conveniently on the first page.. just my opinion though..

I read through the first page, but i still dont get it.. what is this thing

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Its a music box?

www.pyramid-gallery.com...

Another link that's not a PDF to be downloaded

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Also note the "Rockerfeller Foundation" on the top right of every page. Maybe this is some sort Illuminati sextoy? haha nah but seriously it could be some sort of "thing" to them weirdos....

Edit: My bad, I didn't realise it noted it in the first link... carry on OP...

[edit on 31-5-2009 by RenDMC]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused
Eek, bizarre.

So is the movie 'Hellraiser' based on this creepy object?

I've seen these names in the Hellraiser series.

I hope a Rocketfeller plays with it one day though.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
What an interesting find. Very strange indeed and even more interesting is the fact it was ordered to be destroyed. Maybe it has some sort of untapped potential they didn't want in the wrong hands?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

Maybe they were going to use it (arn't they supposed to be part of the elite, illuminate etc), but once discovering what it was really about changed their minds. Maybe the kind of world dominatin the box offered was not what they had in mind or the price was too much to pay.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
really interesting. I doubt that this are real docs but even if not I am still thinking what was the reason to do the fake stuff like this anyway.

good find. S and F for you

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

As we know, to make it into a film/tv series = plausible denyability

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Philip LeMarchand is a fictional character created by Clive Barker. The site that PDF comes from sells replica puzzleboxes, each with a little "backstory" attached. I came across the site a few years back when looking for a high quality reproduction. Nothing sinister here, just a bit of extended fiction.
(then again I may be spoon feeding you disinformation again)

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Missletow]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Looks like a prop from a PnP RPG or perhaps an online RPG.

Documents dont feel authentic in my opinion, just a gut feeling though.

The whole site has the feel of interactive online game resource in my opinion.

Call of Cthulhu for a new generation.

A thread from 2006 vaguely discussing this site www.abovetopsecret.com...

A cursory inspection of reference material quoted on the site and attempting to find information on a REAL Philip Lemarchand results in no success.

Hoax sorry.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by gYvMessanger]

[edit on 31-5-2009 by gYvMessanger]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Hi all,

Look, I don't really have to say this do I? It's an obvious fake designed by the Pyramid Gallery based in N.Y. It seems they do awesome reproductions of a 'LeMarchand Box'.

Pryamid Gallery

Have you noticed all the other boxes on the site? They look brilliant but ultimately as useful as a Faberge Egg.

Searches on the Rockefeller Foundation site came up with nothing.

A quick phone call to the Bangkok branch of the foundation (hey, it was the only one open) allowed me to talk to a very helpful person in the archival department, and she confirmed that the reference numbers did not fit the foundations standard cataloging system.

She also mentioned that the file format was also not used by the foundation. They have a very precise way of recording items and this isn't it.

Plus the foundation is actively trying to get museums to accept items picked up to clear out and streamline their operations.

Searches for the Dr Edward Maher and Alain Stulak also came up with nothing unless they were also moonlighting as thoracic or pediatric surgeons.

Nothing to see here but viral advertising based on a popular formula as first demonstrated by the Blair Witch movie, and continued on today as a preferred choice for making high impact, low cost advertising with great potential for indirect word of mouth advertising.

Cheers

Shane

p.s If anyone around N.Y feels like going to have a look that would be great! Maybe you might be able to pick up a 'LeMarchand Box Keychain'

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The original box - named the Lament Configuration - was used in the 1987 film of Clive barker's Hellraiser. The box was supposed to be an opening to another dimension - one that we would recognise as a literal hell.

And for those who see a conspiracy at every corner; it is fiction, a really scary one, but nothing more.

The box was a prop, and copies were freely available on the open market (I owned one. Kept loose change in it).

The pdf linked to is obviously trying to cash in on the film's imminent remake:

Dimension Films is proud to announce that Clive Barker, whose spine-tingling films have terrified audiences across the globe, is set to team with Dimension Films to remake his most celebrated thriller, Hellraiser. Barker will write the screenplay and serve as a producer. Anthony Diblasi and Joe Daley will co-produce the remake. No director or cast has been attached to the project yet. The announcement was made today by Bob Weinstein, Co-Chairman of The Weinstein Company.

First released in 1987, Hellraiser tells the chilling story of an unfaithful wife who attempts to assist her dead lover in his escape from Hell. Based on Barker's critically acclaimed novella, The Hellbound Heart, Hellraiser was written and directed by Barker and spawned a lucrative film franchise.

www.movieweb.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
To top it all, the French is all wrong, be it in the letter from "Dr Shulak" or in the translation of the words on the box.
I doubt the Rockfeller Foundation would hire translators who would mistake FEAR for PAIN ("crainte" means fear, "douleur" means pain)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Haha, great movie and I have to admit that was an interesting read through the documents even though it was pure fiction.

I will not demand my five minutes back!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I agree with Beamish, this is indeed a way to get people ready for the remake (which in my opinion, will be terrible) of the Hellraiser movie.

Also, I see no way that a box could be sold if it indeed could open a dimensional gate to the lair of the Cenobites (hell) because some religious organization or government would have probably nabbed it for their specific purposes.

And the PDF's just feel hoaxish.

I did enjoy reading through it all though, I think it would be a good toy to give to my kids when they watched the movie as a joke.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
if you go to the main site of the pyramid gallery all the boxes are for sale. this does not mean in any way that they hold some power besides being music boxes. some do have some really intricate designs though.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Missletow

Philip LeMarchand was a French architect, artisan, and designer who is posthumously credited as possibly one of the most prolific, if undiscovered, mass murderers in the history of the modern world.

He first became known for his creation of bizarre, intricately designed music boxes which quickly became the rage of Europe.

The boxes, known in some circles as LeMarchand Boxes, were each one of a kind creations which were also puzzles, with the answer to one's ultimate hearts desire as their solution.

Sorry forgot to add he was a freemason as well and almost everything he built is believed to have been destroyed during the World Wars. Others met their ends in suspicious blazes, and in order to make room for newer buildings.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by GunzCoty]

[edit on 2-6-2009 by GunzCoty]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Philip LeMarchand is a fictional character created by Clive Barker for the novella The Hellbound Heart the precursor and basis for the Hellraiser series.

The artist "bio" on the pyramid gallery website is to get you involved in some intrigue and mystery so you will buy some of their replicas.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Kuronotenshi]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join