It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your goal in life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm new to ATS but you got to start somewhere right. Lately, I've been thinking about this very thing. In a perfect world I'd save up till i got 50k and go buy an acre of land in Belize for 25k from which they build you a house that is completely self sufficent. Which I would then plant some fruit and vegetables for myself and take some I'd take my time to learn physics, astronomy, and philosophy for fun.

However, since we do not live in a perfect world, and I can't land a job right now; what I will be doing is around August I will be planning some "trips" around Arizona, New Mexico, and Nevada and I'll be bringing a video camera and see if i can turn up any evidence of underground bases or tunnels. Also, if you know of any locations in the west or got any information on the subject it would be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by agentofchaos

Dude, your going to be, and fit in great here!!!

Your idea is good, just be sure to send all the videos you make to the ATS Media Portal for us all to see.

Have you considered making an Intro thread? This thread is a bit old, and you need to make one listing all the stuff you did here, and get a good solid amount of people here to help you, I will help if I can in anyway for you man.

Peace

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

What is your goal in life?

I hate this statement. No offensive to the OP, but I hear this all the time. What are your goals in life. My goal is to live life.

So much change has happened in the past and from the way things are playing out right now we haven't even seen the beginning of the change to come. So how can you possibly plan and make goals based on that information. It will only lead to disappointment when you realize that the goals you had set have become irrelevant or are suddenly not sufficient.

Besides, say you set your goals in life and eventually you reach them, then what? I always say Neil Armstrong ruined his life. What goal do have in life after you've landed on the moon?

I find myself in a similar situation to shamus78. I was a computer tech for several years and I hated it. It was a terrible drag both mentally and physically. I eventually left and almost immediately I felt like a weight had been lifted. I moved out to Alberta and was loving life out there but I had to come back home (I only came home because my dad has cancer and my mom was dealing with it on her own, but that's another story).

My parents are the goal orientated type, they have always been self employed and they think I should start my own computer business. I thought that working for myself, things would be different. Turns out that I still hate the job, but I've come to realize that I hate the job because the people I'm working for are the type of people who say "What's you goal in life?". This is why I find it such a mental drain.

I want to do something where I feel like I'm not hurting nature or my spirituality and that I enjoy doing. Everyone tells me I am really good at sales, but I find in increasingly more difficult to find a sales job where I don't feel like I'm selling my soul. So, my search continues, I just don't have any particular goal in mind.

All in all, I think people just need to stop worrying about weather they have reached their goals or weather they are successful and just worry about being happy and healthy, both mentally and physically. So I leave you with this

"The past is history, the future is a mystery, but right now is a gift. That's why they call it the present"

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thedonjuan

I understand your philosophy, really from when I found out that the inventor of Kodak killed himself and in his suicide note it said "I have done what my purpose is, why wait?"

Goals should never be stopped, if my goal is to find a planet with inhabitable life, and I find it, why would I just stop, i'd then go to step two, how to get there, I may not finish it, but i'll die trying!

I'm sure after an Actor final wins that Emmy, he doesn't go and say well what do I do now, I hate my life, I finally got it. No he goes for the second then third.

The most important goal should be bettering yourself, the specifics are the second most important.

I'd assume if you had no goal, you'd accomplish nothing, because you didn't know what you wanted.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I have a new goal.

To build a chair for all us ATS guys that can't seem to pry ourselves away from the keyboard long enough to actually eat anything.

I will install a mini fridge in one side, the computer tower in the other, split the keyboard in half and place each half on the armrest. Put in a massage feature and rear surround sound speakers. It will have storage space in the right hand armrest and even a cup holder.

The only thing missing will be the toilet.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

We'd of course have to workout the toilet details, but I have a picture of south park all playing WoWC or however you abbreviate it.

I love the mini fridge idea, there friggin awesome.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Look no further, here's your ultimate chair!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
My goals are rather simple, short term - get a decent job and pay off bills and college loans, etc.

Other than that I'd like to build a 1000 yard rifle, probably on my Savage 110 ought six. I would also like to build a nice AR, I'm thinking 16 inch bull barrel, free floated, flat top, a2 stock and a decent 1x scope

After that I want to hunt something that can hunt me back

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join