It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your goal in life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This may belong in another forum maybe skunk works, i'm not sure.

What is your goal in life, for all ATS members.

I see so many people complaining about the NWO, down to faces on mars. Which makes me question if your so skeptical on it, and so interested in researching it, what is the research for?!

Do you plan on becoming someone of importance to ask the big questions and attack those who are preaching ignorance?

I personally am looking to become an Astrophysicist and Astronomer in General Locate those inevitable asteriods heading toward us and make theories of what to do about it, thats my thing.

It seems pointless to spend 10,000 hours on something and have no regard to what to do after you've become a pro in the field.

I'd really like to hear good responses of people who have a plan ready in hand, and a good motivated dream! Although I'd also like to hear if you have no idea, and now your questioning it.

If you hate the NWO and bilderburg what are you doing about it, (this is an example) are you staging protests in you local community,area, are you speaking out, or are you shy and taciturn.

This is an ATS call to arms, if you know so much and believe in it so dearly why not stand up and start nailing the hell out of the world, Most believe in God and do whatever they can to make others believe. I suppose you think the same of some conspiracies, so why not take it with that much seriousness, although heaven and hell are speculative, on the fact you don't know till you die, FEMA camps and RFID chips are real to those, why not stand up above an ATS thread, letting people know what they already know, and MAKE A CHANGE!!!

I'm a strong believer that no life be wasted, and there are many on ATS, that's alot of change to be made.

You've shown me extreme facts on things, that have bottled me up into a corner, if you can memorize and spread, you can achieve much more then one ATS member i'm sure of it.

Let me know you thoughts and answers to my questions without flaming, I know some may of loathed my last thread but I am dead serious on this one!

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Republican08]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
How is this not in New threads?

Seriously this thread did not get censored?

I'd ask a mod but they rarely answer, so i'll put it here.

Not sure but I can't find this thread anywhere? It might just be to late for me but i'm serious.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Republican08]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Hey Republican08,

I throw anything I can't really fit elsewhere into skunk works, probably my favorite board!

I've spent a lot of time thinking about what I want from life. The easiest way to encompass all my ideas would be one word: happiness.

I feel happy when I learn a new idea, or figure something out for myself. When I evolve my way of thinking and take in new concepts.

For 6 years I worked as a computer programmer, and it almost killed me mentally and physically. I quit my job out of the blue one day and began training to become a scuba instructor. Loved every minute of it. Instructed for 4 years around the place, never staying still for long.

One thing I've noticed is that when I feel 'alive' I can take in information far easier then I can when I'm run down.

I read and study constantly. My brain don't relax much, and I enjoy soaking up information. This makes me happy. The troubles of the world can blow me by, I'm in a situation where I can keep living and working.

Traveled the world a few times, and it's only now in my early thirtys that I can appreciate just what a good place I'm in, physically and mentally.

Now I work on a vineyard in paradise. Every day I work outside and every day I am grateful for the experience. Sure, it get a bit boring sometimes, but I love the life I have.

I'm recently separated, so no gf right now. Even though it was (and is) a terrible feeling to lose someone, it also strengthens me for the future.

What more do I want? To create a family, to raise some kids on a farm and to be able to look someone in the eye every day and know love. I know it's a simple view of the world, but after all, aren't the simplest things the best?

What I want: Love, happiness and Knowledge. And I don't plan on letting anybody stop me.

Cheers

Shane

p.s Sound's a bit hippyish I know. Would you believe I call myself a republican?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Being of limited means and still having to work for a living, my goal is to try and satisfy the basic needs in life for myself and my GF. It gets increasingly hard to just make ends meet in this current economy.

All the subjects on ATS are entertaining and thought provoking but in the grand scheme of things; they are just a diversion from worry and toil.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
2 years ago i was given months to live. My goals seem to change week by week. each Christmas, I hope to be around for the next one. I never thought i'd get to watch another world cup, that now seems to be more of a possibility. In the meantime i intend to spend as much time as i can with my friends and family. Having a terminal illness really focus's the mind.

The only things important in life are those you love, your health and the ability to appreciate the beauty of things.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Great thread!

S&F!

Time for some shut eye!

Ciao!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
What is your goal in life, for all ATS members.

To prove once and for all that NASA is lying
They could however stop me by giving me a ride once around the Moon in that new space plane that 'doesn't exit ' yet

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
How is this not in New threads?

Because you posted this thread in Board Business which is the admin area?

Just maybe...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

...what he said...

...to answer your other query sent via the Complain/Suggestion: The reason you can't star is that its in BB&Q...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Ok, I didn't know I posted it in 'that one', But still noone ever posts anything in BTS. It was aimed for ATS. Albeit I have gotten some really good responses.

I also can't find this thread in any forums, and when I first created it, it never popped up in the mutterbox like everyone elses. Took about an hour before it showed up honestly!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
When I get finished in Central America I'll go back to the Pacific Northwest buy a few acers, throw up some no trespassing signs, grow a garden, do some wildlife rehab and enjoy my little corner of the world for as long as I can until tptb muck up what's left.

Peace

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hey here you go try this link for your signature.

Quote this reply and copy the link below exactly the way it is and paste into your signature

Edit to add dont copy the part

[edit on 31-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

AHA! It worked, I feel liek I just raised frankenstein to life! One step closer to knowing how this computer thing works!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I used to have a goal in life till the weight of the world crushed my soul.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

:bash:

Stop complaining at least you got to sit in the Captains chair.
I had to get rid of mine when we redecorated the living room.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
My goals in life are all musical.

Its all about the journey and not the destination.
My other goals are trying to learn as much as I can about nature and how to live a more natural existance.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I too am jealous of the coveted chair!

And wukky logic!

Going to sleep now, hopefuly more posts of messages in the morning, hopefully...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Good topic, its been a while since I have asked myself that question.

I have spent time working in way too many fields, science, security, financial services, retail, recruitment, IT, sales, construction, manufacturing, self employed, interior designing, athletics, racing and thats just the ones I can remember. I have CV thats longer than my legs

I cannot find my calling to be completely honest, I seem to walk away when I figure it out or have success for some reason. Just doesnt feel right.

Right now I am thinking of entering politics but am being stopped by the need for a qualification in the UK as far as I can find so far. I dont know if thats the right thing to do but I cant seem to be at ease in anything I do so far.

On the plus side I am learning a lot and that was one of my goals but I kinda abandoned planning my life

Not exactly a complete answer is it but I tend to think a lot of life is just cornflakes and nobody can really choose their own destiny.

:bnghd:

[edit on 2-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It's funny how this changes as you get older...

In High School, I was determined I'd end up ruling the world after a non-lethal takeover using submersible aircraft carriers, and create a utopian society.

In College, I downgraded to just taking over New Zealand (I just liked it) and creating a utopia for others to then emulate.

I then decided I wanted to basically be James Bond, even got into a CIA training program (that was then soon axed by Clinton)...(so I reverted my studies back to business)....

Now, I'll settle for a good job with future mobility, a nice house, a decent car, and a good retirement fund so my wife and I can travel after working so hard...(and of course, my circle of friends whom we've known for years and years)....

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Goals???

Yeah, I should probably get some of those.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join