It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudis Behead, Crucify Convicted Child Molester, Murderer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Let's not forget this news item has gone through the Fox News sausage factory.

I do know that child molestation and murder are capitol crimes in Saudi with the final stay of execution in the hands of the victim's family and not the state.

The crucifixion thing sounds a bit of an embellishment since that would be a pointless act to do to a corpse. The most likely thing would have a public display of the body. Crucifixion is about asphyxiating a person and was probably used as a trigger on the readership to associate Suadi custom with the execution of Jesus.

This is a very clever mind control tactic.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I am in the minority here with my opinion but that is what life is about sometimes. I am opposed to the Death Penalty primarily because too many people that are innocent have been put to death. One innocent life lost to this is one too many and makes the whole death thing wrong.

Child molesters are the lowest form of life, and 99% of the time they reoffend. In the US our laws are a damn mess! If our system of justice gave the proper penalty to these sick and evil people our streets and citizens would be safer. I will never understand how a person can get more time for a robbery than for a rape.

I have seen first hand the horrible effects this crime has on its victims. The sick pig that raped my nieces aged 7, 9 and 11 is now rotting in prison, hopefully he will never get out. What is so sick and so infuriating is the only reason this sicko got 16-life is his past criminal record, if this had been his first crime he only would have gotten the 16 years of which he would have served around 12 -14 years.
The wonderful thing is this guy is a marked man, say what you will about convicts...they hate sexual offenders and make their lives far worse than a few minutes on a table waiting for a hot shot!

As I see the effects this had on these girls and the way they relate to men and the behaviors they engage in I can't tell you there are not times I wish this man dead! Yet I also am aware of others who were innocent that got railroaded and their lives are ruined. Nope, as much as the human spirit desires revenge it is not worth the cost to our humanity.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Let me guess.....american, huhh??

figures!!!

Peace

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
The crucifixion thing sounds a bit of an embellishment since that would be a pointless act to do to a corpse.

In the arab world you are not supposed to do anything to a dead body.
Not clean it up for burial .. and definately not mutalate it.
Crucifixion of a body does serve a psychological purpose in an Arab country.

spelling edit

[edit on 5/31/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Please know that not all of us on this side of the big pond feel this way, problem is the fundies have overrun our government and those that do have their own mind are so terrified of seeming "soft on crime" that they go for anything. I often wonder if the fundies have their ...well you know what.... in a jar by the bedside, they sure don't seem to have any of their own...perhaps they can borrow some from a local ball team.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Maybe the shop owner was a upstanding citizen who tried to make a living and for some reason the rest of the town had a problem with this man for years. (you know how smalltown communities can be)
The father of the boy which got killed told his kid to provoke, tease, bully, harass, pester, antagonize, nag the shop owner. And after having endured this for serveral years the shop owner finaly snapped.
He beat the kid to death and then continued to get his revence on the boys father.....

Maybe the kid was having an affair with the shop owners daughter and dishonoured her or worse. Daddy just got p*ssed because somebody touched his little precious...

Come on, there are a million different scenarios i can think of for this person to act in such a way. But since i have no detailed background on what happened i'd be a bit more carefull about judging wether or not justice was done here.......

This truely is a scary world!!!!!

Is enough for the majority of ATS users to deceide wether or not justice was done here??

I thought ATS was a place of free-thinkers, intelligent objective people who only draw a conclusion when every other possibility has been eliminated and than still continue to question wether they have overlooked something.........but i guess eventully everything changes.

What a shame.....

a million justified scenarios? PLEASE!!!! just ./leave if were all so shameful.. my god I cant understand the mentality of some.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
I extend my congratulations to the Saudis for a job well done. At least there are still some countries out there who know how to carry out a good execution.

I firmly believe in the death penalty. Not as a deterrent to crime, but as a morally just punishment for the crime.

If you murder someone, you deserve death.

Everybody has a right to a fair trial, despite the charges and evidence. Everybody deserves an appeal process as well. But in any decently run legal system, convicted murderers would get six months to appeal. If they are not granted a new trial or have their conviction overturned by the end of those six months, the electric chair will be waiting for them the next morning.

We waste far too many taxpayer dollars on the appeal process and holding murderers either for life imprisonment or on death row. Send them all straight to the executioner and end it. Hell, make it even better: broadcast the executions on live pay-per-view TV. This system stimulates the economy, cleans out our prisons, saves taxpayer money, and provides a little entertainment. A win-win-win-win situation if I ever saw one.

I agree with majority of what you have to say here, and in theory I would say you are correct. In theory. Most of what you wrote is under the assumption that everyone convicted of a crime is guilty. Sadly that is just not the case. There are many people in jail who are suspected of being innocent of the charges they are in prison for. With advancing steps in DNA testing, it is being proven that innocent people are in the prison system. People have been released from Death Row due to DNA evidence. In some cases, people were hours away from a death sentence only to be proven by DNA testing to NOT have committed the crime for which they were to be put to death.

I also believe in the death penalty not as a deterrent to crime, but as a just punishment for the most heinous of crimes. I believe that child molesters should be put to death. I believe that if you go out and kill an entire family, you should be executed for your crimes. The only problem is, you have to make sure the person you are killing is in fact the person who committed the crime and not the most likely suspect.

Below are a few links that give some very interesting numbers on the subject and it is worth a look if you really want to discuss the issue and form an informed opinion.

Death Penalty and DNA

Since Illinois reinstated the death penalty in 1976, the state has executed 12 people. During this same period, 13 people on death row were exonerated."

Exonerations make up 3% of Texas DNA case resolutions

I'd noted earlier that death row exonerations occurred at a rate of 1.52% in Texas since the death penalty was reinstated in 1982. The percentage of DNA cases solved resulting in exonerations, however, doubles that number. So how many innocent people are actually in Texas prisons? If it's 1.52% (the exoneration rate from death row), that would mean more than 2,300 innocent people are locked up in Texas for various crimes. If it's 3.3% (based on the DNA exonerations), the number would top 5,000.

Some amazing numbers from just one state in the Union. If correct, how many more does it add up to when you include the other states that still have a death penalty? Personally, I would rather see a guilty man walk free due to "reasonable doubt" than to see a innocent man be put to death for a crime he did not commit.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by MrWendal]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is done to a far lesser extent in most prison systems. Child molesters are usually kept hush hush but in general population. Though once it's found that they are a molester, they have to be removed promptly, most don't live long in jails.

This happens in U.S. and offshore jails worldwide; just general feelings and code of some murderers. Hell in some jails it's announced the moment the guy is put in gen that he's a molester, takes the work out of the courts and saves tax dollars.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Believe me even in protective custody the rapists and child molesters are targets and victims! Those that do stay in gen pop are often set up by the Corrections Officers and become sport for the other inmates. These guys are locked up and unable to protect their wives, mothers, daughters and sisters, the Sex Offender reminds them every day of the vulnerable position their families are in on the street and it eats them up inside.

I fully believe that sex offenders should get life after the second crime, period! It usually takes 2 or 3 convictions in NY before they get anything that resembles a fair sentence.

As stated earlier, the law is the problem period! Make the punishment fit the crime, when a woman or child's safety becomes more valuable that "stuff" that can be stolen things may change. How is a few thousand dollars taken from a drug dealer more valuable than the innocence stolen from a child?????

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm against the death penalty, even for child molestors.

It's too much power to give a state. Mistakes ARE made. Innocent people have been killed. A criminal justice system is never perfect. Killing people is just revenge.

Life in prison is a worse sentence anyways.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas
Just look at Franco's Spain; he started public hangings on the instant of conviction. In 6 months, crime of any kind was rare, and violent crime had all but disappeared. Argue what you want but it works as sooner or later you run out of criminals.

My dad lived in Franco's Spain when he was 2-16 (he moved there from NY cause his dad had a job there) and he said that he used to take the train to school when he was 10. I asked him about crime, and he said there was none in Spain at the time.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riviera
This is done to a far lesser extent in most prison systems. Child molesters are usually kept hush hush but in general population. Though once it's found that they are a molester, they have to be removed promptly, most don't live long in jails.

This happens in U.S. and offshore jails worldwide; just general feelings and code of some murderers. Hell in some jails it's announced the moment the guy is put in gen that he's a molester, takes the work out of the courts and saves tax dollars.

Wow ... so basically the murderers don't like them because they're not nice people in their eyes?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Just look at Franco's Spain; he started public hangings on the instant of conviction. In 6 months, crime of any kind was rare, and violent crime had all but disappeared. Argue what you want but it works as sooner or later you run out of criminals.

My dad lived in Franco's Spain when he was 2-16 (he moved there from NY cause his dad had a job there) and he said that he used to take the train to school when he was 10. I asked him about crime, and he said there was none in Spain at the time.

Yeah, because the government was committing all the crime.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by masonwatcher
The crucifixion thing sounds a bit of an embellishment since that would be a pointless act to do to a corpse.

In the arab world you are not supposed to do anything to a dead body.
Not clean it up for burial .. and definately not mutalate it.
Crucifixion of a body does serve a psychological purpose in an Arab country.

spelling edit

[edit on 5/31/2009 by FlyersFan]

Do you invent facts as you go along? In your sweeping generalisation you say, "In the arab world you are not supposed to do anything to a dead body."

I presume you are referring to Muslim Arabs and not Christian Arabs. Well Muslims are required to wash the body of the deceased and wrap the body in a white sheet without any accoutrements, jewellery, clothing or personal belongings. The idea is leave this world in the fashion entered.

The crucifixion of a dead body serves no purpose other than to cause distress whether one is an Arab or not. It is not a cultural artefact as you insinuate and I draw your attention to the source of the article.

The most famous crucifixion was of Jesus on the behest of the Pharisees. This is the psychological intent of the article with its association to the news item.

Most likely the corpse of the child molesting murderer was hanged in the compound he was execute to allow witnesses to view. This custom is always done when there is a state execution. The French used the Guillotine until 1981 and offered up the beheaded corpse for public viewing. The US executes prisoners by various means and allows public witnessing through applications.

en.wikipedia.org...

The article is about mischief making and stoking stereotype assumptions. The unique feature is the crucifixion angle.

[edit on 103131p://am3118 by masonwatcher]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
hmmm what to do what to do what to do.If straight out death of these sick pervs is too upsetting to the mamby pamby sections of the world(~Come on, there are a million different scenarios i can think of for this person to act in such a way. ~)Mate give the Jacks away-look at the #e you come out with after a night on!& 99% of the wankas reoffend i suggest burying them head first to the waist(with a dirty pigs gut crafted breathing snorkel)& then stone the **cking bejallah out of them.I'd bet a weeks wages after say 12 months the stats would be reading waaay lesser.

Cheers

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

So he had permission to take this train then??If not , thats illegal use buddy.& that is a crime.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
To fotsyfots
"i suggest burying them head first to the waist(with a dirty pigs gut crafted breathing snorkel)& then stone the **cking bejallah out of them.I'd bet a weeks wages after say 12 months the stats would be reading waaay lesser."

As much as I detest child molesters I have to ask you this question....Do you sit up late at night and devise these punitive scenarios? A mind that comes up with such a sick idea must be a bit twisted.

[edit on 5/31/2009 by redhead57]

[edit on 5/31/2009 by redhead57]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

if your'e so concerned about criminal rights why don't you go become a lawyer. the rest of us sane individuals will concern ourselves with the little boys that are being RAPED by twisted %&#$ like this.

one day when that kid grows up he's gonna see a photo of that man that got excecuted and it DAMN WELL will make him feel better knowing that society cares enough to end it permenantly.

as far as your "holier than thou" approach to violence. there are just as many loopholes in your side than my side. for instance, where do you draw the line about harming criminals? death, torture, emotional distress, slap on teh wrist? they're all "wrong" right? you conveniently pick the one that works the best and say that we're not supposed to do it.

edit to add: i just remembered the kid was murdered after he was raped. i wish they could've killed him twice. let's keep waiting for cryogenics or cloning.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Mozzy]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy

if your'e so concerned about criminal rights why don't you go become a lawyer. the rest of us sane individuals will concern ourselves with the little boys that are being RAPED by twisted %&#$ like this.

one day when that kid grows up he's gonna see a photo of that man that got excecuted and it DAMN WELL will make him feel better knowing that society cares enough to end it permenantly.

as far as your "holier than thou" approach to violence. there are just as many loopholes in your side than my side. for instance, where do you draw the line about harming criminals? death, torture, emotional distress, slap on teh wrist? they're all "wrong" right? you conveniently pick the one that works the best and say that we're not supposed to do it.

edit to add: i just remembered the kid was murdered after he was raped. i wish they could've killed him twice. let's keep waiting for cryogenics or cloning.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Mozzy]

I just don't like how DEATH is people's answer to everything.

Give me one good LOGICAL reason to execute people when life in prison without parole is an option for the worst criminals.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The child victim was a boy. Had the child been a girl, the Saudis probably would have convicted HER of seducing a married man and either stoned her to death or given her 200 lashes.

But don't take my word for it, read it for yourself:
13 year old rape victim stoned to death
19 year old gang rape victim sentenced to 200 lashes in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia: 23 year old rape victim gets 1 year prison sentence + 100 lashes
17 year old Iraqi girl executed for being seen with a man she wasn't married to

Saudi Arabia law is based on Sharia religious law. So while I think it's great the 11 year old boy's attacker got executed, don't be so quick to praise the Islamic Sharia world or Saudi Arabia's justice system. All those Sharia Islamic countries are back in the stone ages (literally) when it comes to women's rights (they consider young girls women, not children).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join