It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudis Behead, Crucify Convicted Child Molester, Murderer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I despise the barbarity of Sharia or Islamic based law.

I fundamentally disagree with capital punishment.

However, I abhor paedophiles with a passion.

As a result I fully understand the sentence.

If they had been members of my family I would have willingly beheaded him myself.

The cruxifiction would have been performed as a very powerful, visual lesson to others of the consequences of such actions and is a very old practice.

It is very difficult when as a result of such hideous crimes the desire for justice and personal vengeance clashes with one's personal beliefs.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
it always amazes me the number of critically thinking people on ATS who fail to grasp the difference between revenge and justice.

In this case the revenge WAS justice.

And who, besides the bible, says that revenge is bad?

That being said ....

My problem with all this ... overthere they blame the rape victim and not the rapist. So does that mean that they'll start beheading and crucifying women who are raped?

Don't laugh ... it could easily happen.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Good job, why keep these scumbags alive to live off my tax paying dollars. Keeping these people alive is a waiste of resources. I would rather support starving kids who need food for a year than keep one of these scum alive for a day. Of couse it only applies to crimes that deserve that punishment.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
www.abc.net.au...

same country that executes policemen rapists.

why doesn`t this happen in the USA?

[edit on 31/5/09 by Harlequin]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
There are many more injustices around the world than executing a child molester.
Countries who still stone women to death for adultery for example.
Last year a thirteen year old girl was stonned to death in Somalia, five woman are awaiting the same fate in Iran.

Wherever there is the death penalty mistakes will be made.
Does getting rid of child abusers, rapists and murderers justify one man or woman being executed wrongly.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

And the common denominator......

Islamic fundamentalism!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Why is revenge bad?

For those interested ... I just started a thread for those who wish to discuss revenge and death penalty etc etc etc ....

[edit on 5/31/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

and what of the rgoup `Concerned Christians` they planned to attack jews in israel.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy

Wherever there is the death penalty mistakes will be made.
Does getting rid of child abusers, rapists and murderers justify one man or woman being executed wrongly.

I agree with you 100%.

But if someone raped or murdered my child I would kill them, end of story.

Hence my point about the conflict between one's beliefs and one's desire for revenge.

If the punishment doesn't fit the crime then we will seek to execute our own punishment.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

and what of the rgoup `Concerned Christians` they planned to attack jews in israel.

Point taken.

I was responding to the examples given, maybe I should have said....

The common denominator.......

Religious fundamentalists and bigots!

However, the vast majority of the 'religious fundamentalists' who are performing horrific acts of brutality are Islamic.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

only recently - and in the MSM sadly ; there are religious nutjobs everywhere -

www.timesonline.co.uk...

^^ hindu `terrorists`

www.independent.co.uk...

^^ jewish `terrorists`

www.pickledpolitics.com...

^^ sihk `terrorists`

but its the muslim fanatics who make the news - not the hindu`s who are burning out christian churches (full of people i might add)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
www.abc.net.au...

same country that executes policemen rapists.

why doesn`t this happen in the USA?

[edit on 31/5/09 by Harlequin]

Because rape is not a capital offense in the US. it isn't punishable by death.

rest assured, cops have about as easy of a time in prison as do pedophiles. (with any luck they don't survive their sentence.)

see now... every culture has redeeming qualities.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
ahhhh justice meeted out,depite raping kid,he did kill 2 people,too bad they didn't use this deterent here,maybe these perverts would think twice before committing crimes,good job

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
A guy that I worked with almost got the raw end of a deal over there because of their laws.

He was accused of stealing a chain from a store clerk on the street. They were going to cut off his hand and make an example out of the American.

Well right before his hand was to be publicly chopped off the clerk came up and said wait it just fell behind the shelf. Was kind of close.

But that being said I have no problem with it.

He told me that first time stealing cut off right hand, second time cut off the left, third time the feet go but said he never actually saw anyone go as far as to have their second hand chopped off while he was over there.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Am I the only HUMAN BEING THERE IS that is against the death penalty, period?

It is barbaric what this creep did to the child and his father, yes, but it is also barbaric to memorialize them through such an ugly act of torture!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Yes there are extremists in all religions.
They tend to be very much in the minority nowadays.
Except Islam where extremists and their influence are very much on the increase.

Another difference with the examples you provided and Islam is that they were all terrorist organisations.
Yes, there are plenty of Islamic terrorist groups.
But here we are talking about government law based on fundamental interpretations of religious beliefs.
There are no similarities between these type of Islamic states and current Christian, Sikh, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist etc states.

I have no desire to derail this thread by turning it into an anti-Islam discussion.

As I stated previously I am anti-capital punishment but I know that if someone had done this to family members of mine I would want to see 'justice' done.
A conflict as it is hard to reconcile the need for justice with moral belief.

Edit to clear up some possible confusion!

[edit on 31/5/09 by Freeborn]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

It is barbaric what this creep did to the child and his father, yes, but it is also barbaric to memorialize them through such an ugly act of torture!

And yet you base your avatar on a film involving a man burning a paedophiles house to the ground...

Hmm..

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

And yet you base your avatar on a film involving a man burning a paedophiles house to the ground...

Hmm..

He did that because the bunny told him to. I feel Donnie's contempt of the guy was more because of the immense hypocrite he was than him being a pedophile.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Lalala - your just in a fantasy land brought on by too much propaganda.

Killing a murderer and violent asshole is purely justice. Letting them live while the family of the victim wonder when they are to be released - that is barbaric.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
One of the USA's basic problems is we don't hang our traitors we re-elect them. If this kind of practice was more wide spread and done to the right people it would radically check the minds of those who calculate they can get away with anything. Problem in the USA is that it would more often be applied to the wrong people to discourage resistance. So far as this category of criminal I think they should start with Hugh Hefner and the like as those who promote the lowering of consciousness are ultimately those who are cultivating depravity in society. To me that includes the prostitution of the female, and now days, male image for profit as we see throughout the media. It is impossible for a male to look at a female image without being drawn down towards sexual impulses. This goes back to the virgin mary image used by Catholicism to subjugate the follows. A healthy society will never come without first understanding the principles of nature and the consequences of their improper use.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join