It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paralingua? Roygis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I was with my friend the other day and I noticed a license plate "ROY GIS". That sounded immediately familiar to me so I asked my buddy, "who's roy gis? is it some actor". So I googled roy gis and I found nothing that grabbed my attention and after asking some other people I just dropped it. Until I brought it up again with another one of my friends and he likes to piss me off. He kept saying royjizz and I was getting frustrated saying "no, its ROY GIS not one word" then it hit me. Google ROYGIS as one word. I did that tonight and what I found makes me way curious. Its written in paralingua, which is some anagram game? W/e it is i'm not really buying it. So I have a job for any inquiring mind, help me figure this out.

mv.lycaeum.org...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jooka24

Some other folks have been discussion this paralingua issue at this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A lot of it is interesting, but I'm skeptical of the Finnegan's Wake reference. I've read the beginning of that work and it is definitely not paralingua.

I discovered these webpages several months ago and forgot about it, but meant to investigate further.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ttocs

What I found interesting was that when I googled the term Jue-Sah I ended up at the same website. Now its bothering me I wanna know the meaning behind this.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
One of the ways I've tried to approach this is by examining the numbers that look like dates.

For instance:

Prebreroirare. Quesa pae 1745-1817 si eiriddueg. Hiphan pae ofloodo mese syehawuso psedi woyo raghie fiva eudaja tibre Nastoi de uyje. Tred oae sera.

(mv.lycaeum.org...)

The "1745-1817" seems to be the birth and death dates for a certain person. I googled those dates and have compiled a list of matches, which grew too long, but here's a couple:

John Harriott (1745-1817) Englishman
(www.jstor.org...)
Ushakov F.F.(1745-1817), Russian Admiral (www.encspb.ru...)

et cetera et cetera...there were tons, as you'd expect. A lot of people are born and die in the same year.

I was hoping to find somebody whose name could correspond to 'Prebreroirare' as in an anagram or something. Nothing so far. Basically if we could solve this text the same way they solved the hieroglyphs: by decoding the names first.

But the question arises, do we really want to decode it? Also, the stuff about the Voynich Manuscript was pretty neat. Did you check that out yet?
(en.wikipedia.org...)

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
There's a simple but effective way of finding out what kind of "language" you are dealing with, i.e. if we're looking at an alphabetical code of a known language or not:

1. count the frequencies of letters in the text (you will find tools via Letter frequency on WP)

2. check out the letter frequencies for any language you might find it to be a code version of (English and Latin would offer themselves, maybe German or Ancient Greek as well)

3. compare the results:

- you quickly notice that the letter distribution is very similar to that of existing languages... but of none of them in particular. (this makes it unlikely that it is a simple alphabetical code, which would distort the frequency, e.g. leaving "e" strangely rare)

- you will also find that the language makes use of all (!) the letters available on a normal keyboard, which most languages do not: w/v are used alongside each other, as well as j/y, for example (this makes it unlikely to be, e.g. a Romance or Slavonic language in simple disguise, and, quite frankly, more likely to be the result of a keyboard, a perfectly monolingual English speaker or so, and lots of pot or shrooms)

4. Move on to morphology and grammar: can you find words that...
- reappear? (e.g. auxiliaries -- he does use some words more than once, but not many)
- often go together?
- often are preceded or followed by another kind of word?
- end similarly?
- begin similarly?
Or, on a more limited note:
- common combinations of letters?
- letters or combinations fewer words end on?
- letters or combinations fewer words begin on?

If yes, there might be a real grammar and a real morphology behind it. I'm too bored to do it (it's entertaining stuff, but not more than that), but at a first glance I would say: nope.

If you asked me, I'd tell you it's by a chap with too much time on his hands, trying to create something similar to the Voynich manuscript, samples of which he seems to include on the page.

Ideally (and most entertainingly, I have to say) it would be someone who has actually made an effort and created some sort of a cipher that could translate the text into something legible (check out WP on Voynich for inspiration) -- rather than creating page upon page of mumbo jumbo. If he had, he would be on a similar level to the V. manuscript. If not, well, it's a nice riddle for a Sunday evening. And I love the rude "translations" the de-jumbler on the bottom keeps suggesting. I got a few very anatomical ones.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jooka24

I think it is not as a big mistery as it seems.
I saw that site is a Russian site.
My idea is that the script there is normal Russian text just "encrypted" a bit:
The consonants were replaced by non-equivalent or non-similar latin consonants and the vowels were also replaced by non-equivalent or non-similar latin vowels.
I did not take the effort to prove my theory so I am waiting for some eager beavers to do so

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
i just found the paralingua pages, whilst searching for a language called "coszh", which is my native toungue.
i'm a non-physical alien visitor temporarily residing in a human body, so i was excited to find these pages.

the principles of coszh are based on the science of communication as information exchange leading to state change. 'higher' human ascribed values such as meaning, lexicon, grammar etc are superfluous to true communication, which is complex beyond comprehension.

so the trick to the paralingua pages is to simply read them, and become informed without the need for conscious understanding. Ti nash te cre iol to roko ma leah.

new topics

top topics

join