It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia begins destroying Cold War WMDs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Russia begins destroying Cold War WMDs

www.msnbc.msn.com

The stockpile has worried U.S. officials since 1994, when an American inspection team found it in a loosely guarded complex of run-down warehouses. Just one of the shells could kill tens of thousands of people if detonated in a stadium or other crowded area.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Well, along with the help of the U.S., a massive project is underway to destroy chemical weapons in Russia. I think that maybe we will see these chemical weapons again, just here in the U.S. I like the part that hinted that it could kill thousands of people, and it was loosley guarded. Hopefully they can destroy some of these cold war weapons, because there is ALOT.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by USamf

How do we know that they are not repossessing these for other uses?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by clcreek

V agents was actually sold as the commercial product called `Amiton` till it was found to be far too toxic , and when pruified was dveloped into VX gas;

anyway the Nunn-Lugar programme isn`t just the USA - another plant @ Bryansk has been paid for by germany , and will convert and destroy a similar amount of 6000 tons.

at least the US has stopped dumping VX gas - theres 7000 rockets in the sea off Atlantic city
(

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
They're also sick of North Korea (as is China). They seem to be getting their act together, and realize in a nuclear war, everybody loses.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hmmm. It does not seem like any grand gesture to me.

When Russia starts dismantling GWEN and coming clean with their high energy weapons programs THEN I will know Russia along with humanity is taking its first steps to becoming a better world.

top topics

join