It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Your Brain On God?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Thats quite a high, what do you do to get there... speak in tongues, drum, sit in a sweat lodge, fast, meditate, chant... a combination of all of these? Please do tell... or are you selling something along the lines of a book, workshop or dvd?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

Thats quite a high, what do you do to get there... speak in tongues, drum, sit in a sweat lodge, fast, meditate, chant... a combination of all of these? Please do tell... or are you selling something along the lines of a book, workshop or dvd?

Yeah its a combination of all those. Honestly, all my experiences came from Xtianity and being baptized, then being led to lots of meditation, then being led to gnosticism/self inquiry/Taoism.

SO label wise, lol, you can say I'm a Christian Mystic Gnostic Taoist self Inquiring meditator.

Forgot to add. I'm not selling anything. I just put it out there, and those who are ready ask about it. I point my finger to where it all is, the rest is up to the individual

Lots and lots of meditation, at least and hour a day and some days 3 x 1 hour a day. That and nonduality, Advaita, Vasistha, it all helped to put what Jesus said in perspective.

The thought of a rock is not an actual real rock. The thought of who you are, is not the actual real you. The mind thinks its you, but its not. Once you become aware of this, you start to untangle the deceitful webs of deception the mind has spun since puberty. he mind is a tool to be used by awareness. But the Mind has hijacked your real identity and "it" thinks that it is you. All your likes/dislikes, opinions, personality, prejudices, all of that is a mask and not the real you.

It all takes you back to being like a child. No labeling of things, no judging, no opinions. Just peace, love, the now, infinity, God, oneness, transcendence, no worries, no anxieties.

Baptism was HUGE for me also. I got the proverbial Holy Spirit as traditional Xtians say and it give me ego death, and also showed me that those Xtians condemning others, judging, criticizing ...that they all lack spiritual enlightenment. When I got my enlightenment I started questioning my teacher(s), preacher(s), Bible, etc.

I then found out how Xtainity got hijacked by something called the Great Schism of 1054. Jesus was more of a Taoist enlightened master himself. He speaks about Oneness and nonduality but its very cryptic and very few will "get it"

Experiencing God is basically that there no longer is a you to experience a God, if that makes sense. All labels, concepts, ideas, all falls away leaving only the Omnipresence of God. Plus God is love so imagine experiencing everything being Love while your on a million ecstacy pills. Allot of times its too much to handle so you drop out of it and return to a self implied ego/mask/cloak just to go back into the world and interact.

Then when I go home, I take off the mask/cloak and melt into infinity.

Last time I took any substances it was right after getting enlightenment. It was mushrooms, and they had zero effect on me, all they did was cloud/fog up the brilliance and awesomeness of spiritual enlightenment. Everyone else was in a shroom zone and I was the only one it had no effect on.

Same thing happened to the Beatles when they were huge into acid. They used to hang out in India with an enlightened guru. They gave him some acid when they were all tripping. They asked him what he thinks about the acid trip and he basically said paraphrased; "Its ok, but its nothing like Enlightenment"

[edit on 5-6-2009 by dominicus]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

It depends ENTIRELY on the method of application, the approach of the imbiber, and a lot of other things. Any sort of altered state - whether chemical, environmental, or mental, draws heavily from the person involved and the setting he's found himself in.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Very thoughtful and interesting post dominicus, most appreciated

Brings me back to the days when i used to meditate regularly. It is definitely mood altering and even gives you a sense of the divine. Even though the technique is completely removed from the hindu religion, i felt a deep sense of peace and security like no other. I found myself feeling the presence of what many refer to as experiencing god. If i was being dished religious text at that time i certainly would have thought this association as fact.

It's interesting that you brought up the beatles and maharashi, during college i went through maharashi's transcendental meditation (TM) course... and i would described it as you had...

Originally posted by dominicus
It all takes you back to being like a child. No labeling of things, no judging, no opinions. Just peace, love, the now, infinity, God, oneness, transcendence, no worries, no anxieties.

Like taking a vacation/trip on a cloud... to experience a little piece of heaven.

In retrospect i embrace this bitter sweet perspective; on one hand it helped me see myself and my place in this world more accurately, but on the other hand i lost my ability to be critical about the world. It felt good to let go of the ego but at the same time i let go of my desire to find answers to the world's most pressing problems.

I found the feeling of being disconnected too disturbing and had to cut back the frequency in practice. Once in a while when i'm really feeling stress out i'll go back to it. An excellent tool to have on hand when you need it. As for hours a day, that's enlightenment guru junkie status.

As far as a parallel can be drawn in my own experience with TM, i recognize the hira krisna mantra/chant as being akin to the christain evangelist's speaking-in-tongues. TM was a much simpler technique, one to two sanscript words that you would repeat over and over again in thought. You literally empty your mind, where as the process in chanting and speaking-in-tongues is one in which you empty your mind and fill it with god.

The experience is undeniably mood altering, that gives you a break from reality... which is basically the purpose of drugs... to escape. I can see how the process of filtering one's experience through the teachings of a 'holy text' would aid in maintaining this euphoric state of mind.

No wonder the steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and Gamblers Anonymous are in essence a trading of one escape-mechanism/coping-technique for another.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This passels me a bit. How can we see our past or the future?

I know that each one of us are just a copy of our parents. That means we have their energy and matter within us.

Their energy and matter combined is what creates a new copy (baby)

But since you have your own mind, shape and function? That tells us that the combination of the two different matters combined creates a new life of energy not like the two originals.

If you see the past by meditating you have to break up your own energy and be able to separate them into you parents energy and then be able to divide them. If not you won't know if its your mom or your dads past you are witnessing?

See my point?

How do you know who's past your seeing?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
A must see... absolutely brilliant insights on the link between chemical imbalance and brain damage attributing to spiritual/religious experiences.

Stanford University Professor Robert Sapolsky Lecture

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join