It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im a little confused

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Heya's and Allohas
Im having some problems that im sure you guys or girls can answer for me.

1. I cant seem to find the edit button to... well edit my posts

and

2. I really wanted to ask Jim Marrs a question about his book "Rise of The Fourth Reich", in the "View from Mars" section of the forum, but somehow im not able to, what gives?

Is it because i havent posted enough? if thats the case, i must say im a bit dissapointed, im not very active on the boards, but i do read alot and come here allmost every day. And not being able to do certain things or use certain functions, just because i dont post very often, really grinds my gears

Anyways, its late / really early and im sleepy, so maybe im just overlooking something?

*EDIT*
Hehe strike the first one, this post somehow has an Edit button.. wierd

Is it because you cant edit your posts once a certain amount of time has passed or?

[edit on 31-5-2009 by rumpiraten]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rumpiraten

When you post a thread or answer to a thread the edit button is at the top of your post next to the quote/reply to button. Hope this helps.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The edit button is up next to the quote and reply to buttons, obviously it only appears after you've made a post.

As for the second question I believe you need to make a certain amount of posts before you can start a thread.

One way to get a few easy posts up is to start a thread in the Introductions Discussion Forum Thread.

Hope this helps!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rumpiraten

Right on. I think it might be half an hour? After that you cannot edit your posts anymore. I could have the time wrong, though.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply's all

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
200 posts are required for the Jim Marrs Forum.

The ability to edit your posts expires 45 minutes after posting. This is to prevent the manipulation of discussion in threads.

top topics

join