It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters to be canceled.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It was an alright show but I found UFO's Over Earth more entertaining. What happened to that show?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Was just taking a glance at the website hosting the petition (petitionsonline.com) and it's a public petition site meaning anyone can open up a petition, you allowing them your email address is probably not a good idea unless you like spam mail..

Also the source is the examiner lol..

History channel ufo hunter forum has nothing about this too..

If this was a photo of a ufo it would've been dubunked in 2 mins... 3 pages long and no one questions this lol

www.PetitionOnline.com provides free online hosting of
public petitions for responsible public advocacy.

edit on 20-1-2011 by Discover because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by Discover because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by Discover because: added info, quotes

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheInfamousOne

Good. This show is moronic, even if you are a UFO believer. I saw an episode once, and even ranted here on ATS about it, wherein Bill is investigating a UFO sighting that happened somewhere around 50 years ago by some river, and a witness reported metal debris coming from the UFO. So he goes to the river, and dredges up some metal particles and claims its evidence of a UFO.

Then another episode where he claims some hole in a corn field could be a UFO crash site, only to find out its a well that was never finished. The standards for evidence in this show are almost none.

Also, it turned out one of the UFO sightings he did on his show, and claimed it was indisputable proof of aliens, was then revealed by the hoaxers - people from a skeptic magazine - to be an intentional hoax to see how the UFO community would react, and sure enough, most people bought it. They even published photos of themselves carrying out the hoax in their magazine.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by eightonefive
Not interested. The whole show is stupid. I watch it from time to time, but I wont miss it. The old guy on the show, I believe Bill is his name makes everyone interested in UFOs look like idiots. I think the show should be listed as a sitcom, because it's nothing close to a true, UFO hunting show. More like the X-files, only with less mystery, and entertainment value.

Maybe they are cancelling it because the government is going to reveal the truth, and then they wont have anything else to hunt? No 20 year old, already picked clean debris fields to wave a metal detector and a geiger counter over.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've seen someone in the UFO community claim the govt is about to reveal the truth

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
good show hope it doesn't get canceled.
tried to sign the petition got internal server error 500 error has this happened to any one else?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I just hope monster quest goes with it lol bring on the redneck gator hunters that's what I'm talking about

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC

I saw an episode once, and even ranted here on ATS about it, wherein Bill is investigating a UFO sighting that happened somewhere around 50 years ago by some river, and a witness reported metal debris coming from the UFO. So he goes to the river, and dredges up some metal particles and claims its evidence of a UFO.

That was the very first episode, if I recall correctly, about Maury Island. I, too, fell about laughing when Bill dug up that rusty lump of metal. Didn't they scuba dive and bring up a small stone hoping it might be the debris allegedly dropped by the alleged UFO allegedly seen over 60 years ago?

Despite that I stuck with the series and as it progressed it did get a bit more balanced and sceptical (though poor old Bill didn't). What irritated me most was the constant music and crappy camera work. It was fun and I'd watch a fourth series if one ever came about.

Look for the dvd box set of UFOs Under Investigation. A Canadian production that does it right.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Supposedly it was because they aired the episode on Dulce with Gabe Valdez and the government wasn't happy about it. I was personaly disappointed with Gabe and his photo of a cattle mutilation experiment, because Gabe has seen a lot of UFOs and activity in Dulce, and now in 2011 he doesn't believe in aliens. How you can see all that and turn back your beliefs, possibly disinfo? They should have went deeper into the Dulce base episode. They didn't even mention Paul Bennewitz and they didn't bother to interview Edmund Gomez, a former Dulce ranch owner who still believes it was the work of aliens. Yes, Bill does make every other UFO researcher look like an idiot, he always says childish things that make it seem like hes been researching UFOs for 2 days. As the publisher of UFO magazine I thought he would have a little more insight.
edit on 21-1-2011 by HRegressor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I enjoyed the show, and don't like to see any UFO show become cancelled. The problem with this show was they never really discovered anything, or could find any real proof for anything. I do believe in UFOs, and possible alien visitors, but a layperson having real physical proof seems to be very elusive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join