It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters to be canceled.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It's not going to be canceled. They're thinking about it.....I don't know why everyone is jumping the gun before anything is known.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I enjoyed the show at first but after so many wild goose chases, I moved on.

I mean, if the show is about hunting, it would be nice if they were able to at least spot their 'prey' at least once. (not just animated 're-creations') Oh well.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Whether you like the show or not, the point is that it bring attention to the subject and it can help more people speak out openly about it instead of feeling like they are going to be looked at as nut jobs.

I'll admit, some shows are just down right bad because they hype it up but end up finding nothing conclusive. Some other show are pretty good but I wonder if these guys are being lead down the same path the ends up to nowhere.

Which makes me think that some of these stories are disinformation because they lead to nowhere and that's exactly what the Naval Intelligence or the Military Industrial Complex wants.

Most stories will have dead ends but some are good and unexplainable. Either way, you get the sense there there is a little truth to the stories that you hear. The rest could be made up to mislead or misguide you.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInfamousOne

Small loss. The show was a rehash of old stories and theories.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
To be honest I never really watched the show. I watched a few episodes but often found myself changing the channel. I don't know why, but the show never really grabbed my attention which is odd because usually when I see a show on about anything paranormal I will sit and watch it.

The idea for the show was a good one but something about it or how the show was done made it a flop for me...

I don't know, I feel that some one could take that exact premise and turn it into a largely succesfull show, but I feel that the producers etc... failed to use the reach its maximum potential.

That is just my opinion.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by jd140

You don't have to watch it.

Alot of ATS forums raise questions but don't find full evidence for there claims, should we shut them all down?

No, it's about the questions and raising awareness. Otherwise the Channel will just be about Ice Road Truckers and Cursing Lumberjacks.....

Doesn't change the facts of my post. Dispute any of what I said, but don't come back with "you don't have to watch it". Thats as lame as the "If you don't like this country get out" arguement.

The fact is I think its entertaining, but I won't miss it when its gone.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It would be such a shame to lose UFO Hunters, it has revolutionized and popularized Ufology. I signed the petition.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheInfamousOne

No great loss for those interested in genuine research on the UFO topic!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
FYI -

UFO Hunters episode re-runs pretty much all day this Wednesday (June 3) on the History Channel.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I mean I don't understand why people seem to think a new show on UFOs is going to lead to disclosure and if it does not than it is a piece of you know what. The purpose is TO INFORM, not to "blow open the conspiracy".

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I watch it and like it for it's entertainment value. Their episode on the Maury Island incident was a huge disappointment, because it has long been documented as a hoax.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Good. Sorry but this just seemed like a cheap rip off of Ghost Hunters right from the start. It never really grabbed me either.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think what failed was the ending/rap-up. The premise seemed like a good idea of having one skeptic, one true believer, and one "in-between" person, but in the end, it left you with mixed feelings. I thought they did a good job with investigating as much as they could, but at the end, one guy would be like, "ahhhh haa! True evidence of a UFO", the other would be like, "It could be true?", and the other guy would be like, "I doubt it". There was never a change of mind, or any kind of thought put into it, when it seemed like every guy had a preconceived notion of what was going on, and nothing was going to change their minds either way. Why keep investigating, when you hear the same thing by the same people every time? It gets kind of stale after awhile. It wasn't the idea that killed the show, but it was the hosts.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well I like the show. What I meant was that a few of the episodes I found boring.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
lol...I found the show very entertaining. Although I thought they could have done a bit more investigating than they did. Also Bill Birnes is pretty radical in his belief in ufo's which i think turns a lot of people off to the show...although i will throw this out there. The show about the implants had a doctor on there by the name of Dr. lear who just happened to be at the latest x-conference with Stephen Basset...where he just happened to announce that some of the implants he had taken out (between 13 and 15 i believe) had some sort of biological coating on it that seemed to be growing from the implant itself. Anyways hate to see that the show is getting cancelled...

P.S. i liked ted better than kevin

gnarkill1529

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
lol...I found the show very entertaining. Although I thought they could have done a bit more investigating than they did. Also Bill Birnes is pretty radical in his belief in ufo's which i think turns a lot of people off to the show...although i will throw this out there. The show about the implants had a doctor on there by the name of Dr. lear who just happened to be at the latest x-conference with Stephen Basset...where he just happened to announce that some of the implants he had taken out (between 13 and 15 i believe) had some sort of biological coating on it that seemed to be growing from the implant itself. Anyways hate to see that the show is getting cancelled...

P.S. i liked ted better than kevin

gnarkill1529

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Too bad, that was one of my 4:00am escapism...

It had some very late night (early morning) entertainment value , i loved to watch some episode on Youtube to put me to sleep.

But still, I can't stand the old guy with the baseball cap and the aviator sunglasses, he is an embarrassment to anyone interested in UFO (except maybe for Jaime Maussan)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." - William Colby (1920-1996), former Director of the CIA,

I saw this on the website? Is this a real quote??

probably. he was kind of a whistleblower. even if it isn't, it could still very well be truthiness. it is so easy to dig up dirt on anyone. under a microscope everyone looks like a scumbag. remember, the CIA operates on info. gather enough intel and you can blackmail anyone that sits in view of the public eye.

to adress the topic: ufo hunters sucks. i thought it was a big let down. not because i thought anything would come of it, but because it just plain blows. so it sucks and it blows... must be because bill is such a windbag.

seriously though... accepting this as elevating awareness is like saying you enjoy being spoken to as if you were a small child. it is for entertainment purposes only. that, in no way advances the cause or induces enlightenment.

the media has been spoon feeding us. this is a fine example. i say ready or not it is time to move on to solid food.

[edit on 2/6/2009 by gravykraken]

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Text

What I find very odd is that any show that has ever RUN on History Channel is available On Demand except for UFO Hunters and Ancient Aliens.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Well, it's not like any of us expected them to actually hunt down and locate any UFOs... Of the few episodes I've seen, they do a decent job going around and talking to folks who have seen stuff, though. That's all the show is really supposed to be about.

@jd140 I always thought it would be hilarious if those guys in that show actually found something. Of course they don't, but hey it's all in the chase, right? ;p

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join