It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters to be canceled.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I just read an article that the highest rated show on the History channel is going to be canceled. But you can sign a petition to keep the show going if you want.

www.examiner.com...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I haven't looked at the ratings, but the show definitely had a "Jump the shark" feel to it this last season.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Not interested. The whole show is stupid. I watch it from time to time, but I wont miss it. The old guy on the show, I believe Bill is his name makes everyone interested in UFOs look like idiots. I think the show should be listed as a sitcom, because it's nothing close to a true, UFO hunting show. More like the X-files, only with less mystery, and entertainment value.

Maybe they are cancelling it because the government is going to reveal the truth, and then they wont have anything else to hunt? No 20 year old, already picked clean debris fields to wave a metal detector and a geiger counter over.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheInfamousOne
I just read an article that the highest rated show on the History channel is going to be canceled. But you can sign a petition to keep the show going if you want.

www.examiner.com...

If it was there highest rated show it wouldn't be canceled that would be silly dont you think the reason it got canceled is because no one is watching it. When it first came out i said this might be cool watched a couple of episodes realized they have no idea what they are doing and wouldn't trust them to investigate if someone was still breathing!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
When they added the new guy, I had alot of hope for the show. But Bill's freakouts whenever anyone disagrees with him tear down credibility for the show. The guy needs to get a grip. It's like an ATS thread being filmed

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I love watching the show, It's how I get my information on UFOs and what not, it can be pretty informative!

I signed the petition, star and flag, I know another thread had this, but I wasn't sure if it was legit or not.

You UFO buffs may not like it, but it's pretty entertaining at least. I'm glad they added that new guy. He adds a breathe of rationality to it, and asks the questions I would.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by Republican08]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." - William Colby (1920-1996), former Director of the CIA,

I saw this on the website? Is this a real quote??

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'll sign it.

I enjoy the show. I was looking forward to seeing new episodes.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
It's like an ATS thread being filmed

Yu think!

I liked some of the shows but too much talk and not enough investigating in my opinion. Some episodes were a total waste of time.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

My favorite was the Nazi Ufo one, I didn't know much about Nazis in correlation with UFOs!

Also the Underground bases, I'm still wondering why that wire was there, and leading into the oblivion. I myself personally would of tried breaking it apart and seeing if a bunch of pissed off people would come up to me in Gov't uniform say Wtf!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Here is a great post in one of the threads I posted a little while back the thread is very long this is from page 14 I believe well worth a look.
Definitive Back Engineered Alien Technology Research thread

[edit on 31-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
everyone should vote ... it seems STRANGE that HH want to cancel this show ... why would they do that ... it is one of the best shows out there ... I already signed

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
When a show has good ratings, it does'nt get canceled!
If its getting canceled, it must be for a different undisclosed reason.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

There's your problem you watched it when it first came out, the last season has been really informative, your missing out.

I hate to see this show go, its seriously one of the only shows I watch on the History Channel regularly. I wonder why they want to cancel it? I've always thought they've shown good info and have been fairly balanced in opinions (bill may go a little far sometimes). It makes you wonder...

I signed, and a star and a flag for you.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by asmall89]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I don't see whats so good about it honestly.

Each episode they say that they are going to prove UFO's exist and they do nothing but walk around looking for something and find nothing.

Then at the end they always say how even though they didn't find anything they have raised serious questions regarding the subject without answering any that they started out trying to explain.

I watch an episode recently where they spent 15-20 minutes looking at the sky at night trying to spot an UFO. They didn't find anything but exhaustion.

Its nothing more then an hour long Unsolve Mysteries unexplained segment.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

You don't have to watch it.

Alot of ATS forums raise questions but don't find full evidence for there claims, should we shut them all down?

No, it's about the questions and raising awareness. Otherwise the Channel will just be about Ice Road Truckers and Cursing Lumberjacks.....

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheInfamousOne

Thanks for the heads-up on this.
I love the program.
Even though 'Bill' does get a little over-the-top with the slightest hint of possible proof.

I guess it could just be a publicity stunt.
The SiFi channel "Ghost Hunters" program, had rumblings of cancellation also.
There was a petition to stop that move too.

For all who think the show lacks. Well... if you can do a better job of it..
Have at it!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Bill was on a broadcast the other night and stated that it was not decided yet if the show was going to be taken off the air, he asked that all go and sign to help them to decide to keep the show on the air.

I like the show also, it does not have to be the best there could be , just being on helps get the word out on UFO's and helps keep it in the eye of the public.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
No, it's about the questions and raising awareness. Otherwise the Channel will just be about Ice Road Truckers and Cursing Lumberjacks.....

LOL. Honestly, this really seems to be the trend for the past 5 years or so with History and Discovery. Can you imagine that at one point the most popular show was about motor cycles? What was it called? - I really despised that show. I hate any 'reality tv' or 'survivor' type shows, and to bombard these learning educational channels with crap like that is just unfortunate. And how exactly Myth Busters made it past 2 episodes is beyond me, the show is a complete joke, the 'busters' are clowns and bore me within seconds.

I say keep UFO Hunters, its the only UFO show left, but if they cancel; I hope they at least start a new show.

Regards,

[edit on 31/5/09 by Majorion]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Even if ratings are high, economic issues could still be behind the cancellation. History Channel does not own UFO Hunters, but instead buys each episode from the production company. If it costs more to buy than History Channel can get from advertisers, then History Channel would have no choice but to cancel.

Unlike what the OP said, the article did not say UFO Hunters is the highest rated show on History Channel. It said that it has had some of the highest rated episodes. There is a difference.

UFO Hunters is a boon to skeptics. It is high on speculation and low on substance or science, something that Bill Birnes often confuses.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join