It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul feat. Metallica

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hey amigos, found a cool clip with some wise words from Ron Paul, check it.

I would also love to hear your thoughts on the man. Do you agree with everything he says? Some of it? None of it? Peace

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Brilliant speech and cool animations

sadly so true

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Brillant video with a great soundtrack!

The speech came from a very wise man...TPTB will not change, only we have the power to make the changes.

Change is coming, the question is...will you be part of the problem...or part of the solution!

Ciao!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I am trying to be part of the solution but it isn't easy. Western society has become deeply entrenched in the boom bust system created by the banksters.

There are too many people fighting the branches of this parasitic juggernaut that has spread across the world. We must attack the roots and I think Ron Paul is heading in the right direction.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I lived over 40 years without involving myself in politics. I was too busy trying to survive. Even though I struggled to educate myself and served our country, politics was a cesspool I didn't want anything to do with until there was finally someone worth voting for. It happened when I heard about Ron Paul. Listening to his speeches prompted me to undertake a crash course in politics & history and I registered to vote for the first time. I joined a support group and held signs on the street corner when McCain came to town.

Just before the election itself, I was finally convinced that I had been right all along to stay as far away from politics as possible. The treatment of the ONE person speaking words that could have come from my own mouth by the media and political parties, including his own, was enough to disgust anyone.

Then when he dropped out of the race, I was crushed. Yet, still he speaks my mind. The plot thickens and there will be no change to the status quo no matter what anyone says or does, even Dr. Ron Paul.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Wow. Whoever put that video together is very talented.

Ron Paul is saying all the right things. Unfortunately, not enough people are listening.

Rome fell and so will the US.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I consider myself an optimist but is does seem like the USA is in serious trouble. The media has censored RP very well unfortunately. Many people have never even heard of him

Has anyone heard about how the End the Fed campaign is going???

Private bankers should NEVER EVER be allowed to control the issuance of currency.......

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I understand where you are coming from. I used to be like you in that I didn't pay attention to politics before and that it was impossible for me to have any real effect on what happens in the world.

The last election is what got me interested..mostly because of the historical implications of it. Not long after getting interested i began to realize just how corrupt the entire system is.

The corporate owned media....bought congressman...no real change between presidents...the loss of jobs...the zero protection of the border...the endless unconstitutional Iraq war, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and most of all the absolutely huge debt the government has built up.

No one was speaking out about this it seemed...which to me almost seemed like common sense that we needed to stop all of the craziness. Only one guy that I've found shared my opinions on these things...and that was RP.

Ron Paul's limited fame wouldn't even exist right now if it wasn't for the internet as the corporate media will never give him the chance...although they have had him on television LOTS lately because of him being right about predicting the housing crisis and many other things.

More will open up there eyes as things continue to get worse...the problem is that people will wait that long.

Things will change...it's important to keep the message growing and continuing.

Don't lose hope yet man! There is whole new group of people in this country that will now share what they have learned...and this will only help in the future.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Know what?

That was the first time I've heard Ron Paul. Ever.

Not being from the US I've been aware of him, but have never spent the time to sit down for 5 minutes and listen to what he says.

Right now I did, and I'm absolutely gobsmacked.

This man deserves to be the President.

Cheers

Shane

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

You just wrote everything I think myself but you put it much more succinctly. It is disturbing to say the least. The problem, once one puts their focus on it, is huge. Its like an evil octopus with many arms and no head that prevents a cohesive gathering of force to oppose it. It is hard to not give up hope.

Instead of focusing on changing a corrupt and evil political system, I've decided to focus my energy on self-sufficiency and self-responsibility. I can't convince anyone of anything except through my actions. When more people get off the comfortable, easy bandwagon things might have a chance of getting straightened out.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by vehemes terra eternus

Well, considering I know little about Ron Paul, and I like Metallica, the video is cool to me. I however, do not let videos and affiliations affect my thoughts on certain people, especially politicians. I didn't vote for Bush nor Gore, nor Kerry, and this time around, I did not vote for Obama, nor McBush, I'm sorry I mean McCain.

I will say this about Ron Paul though, his name is on the back of this book, with the following said by him.

A superb analysis deserving serious attention by all Americans. Be prepared for one heck of a journey through time and mind.

Ron Paul, member of Congress - House Banking Committee

The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

I am touting that book all across ATS, in almost as many threads as I can, since it speaks volumes into the corruption, within the past of President's, Congress, and Wall Street.

To me, there is no "lesser of two evils" when it comes to politics, it's who's closest to actually telling the truth.

Can you guess who I voted for this last election?

I will give you a few clues.

He's orange, cartoon, feline, loves lasagna, kicks Odie, tortures Nermal, irritates Jon Arbuckle just because it's fun, and rarely gets out of the recliner.

You see, to me, if a politician is not going to do anything for anyone else, is going to abuse and torture the people watching him, as well as the people he or she is responsible for, and does it all for cheap laughs, well, I want that to be someone who at least is more real than 99% of the politicians on Capitol Hill.

Read about my fight against stalkers here, since I was six years old.
Left-Wing, Right-Wing, This Turkey, Knows How To Soar Like An Eagle

Become a member of the Bully Pulpit, so you can debate me politically.

Far warning, if you do not choose membership in the Bully Pulpit, you can only read, and not post replies.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
My favorite speech, i liken with with other past great speeches. Metallica melded perfectly in sync with the timing, perhaps RP likes to rock out once in a while?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Good to hear you like RP Shamus. I agree, he should be president.

I would vote for Garfield over Obama any day.

Yea I bet RP loves to rock out. I can see him drawing inspiration for his epic speeches whilst listening to a metal ballad

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
this is awesome!

i like the speech and the animation and the tallica brought out the the awesomeness yo!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It it weird that I named my cat Ron Paul?

2nd line.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I find Metallica a real poor choice to be associated with Ron Paul. They both stand for opposite thoughts. James Hetfield is an industrie tool that started a war against Napster because of greed and he was proud that Metallica made it into the US military Torture music top 10 (proud he could do something for his country that way).

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
As a student studying digital arts, I must say that video is absolutely beautiful and wonderfully well crafted.

As for the subject matter...

if only more people actually listened to Ron........

but of course, nobody likes hearing the truth, do they?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrisFromGenk
I find Metallica a real poor choice to be associated with Ron Paul. They both stand for opposite thoughts. James Hetfield is an industrie tool that started a war against Napster because of greed and he was proud that Metallica made it into the US military Torture music top 10 (proud he could do something for his country that way).

I wouldn't go that deep honestly,

and where did you read that James actually likes the idea of his music being used as torture?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

first link after a quick google search:

Metallica frontman James Hetfield recently told German-language TV network 3sat that part of him was proud the U.S. military chose the band’s music to torture prisoners at U.S. detention centers in Cuba’s Guantanamo Bay.

Link

[edit on 31/5/2009 by KrisFromGenk]

[edit on 31/5/2009 by KrisFromGenk]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Anybody got a link for the orignal speech? I would like to email that one around a bit. Thanks in advance!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join