It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we stuck on this lousy planet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Out of all the trillions of planets that harbor life out there in the universe [IMO] Doesn't it seem kind of odd that your here, punching a clock, being oppressed with taxes, living with polluted air and water and wars and eating chemically enhanced foods? Is this square one and we all ascend upwards so high depending on our lifestyle? Idiots govern us and point nuclear missiles at each others cities while standing by miles deep bunkers to save their own ass, Industrialists that pollute everything live far away from the areas they make toxic and the controlled media fills our minds with whatever crap they think is good for us to hear or see. What a crap planet. If there's any Aliens reading this board, get you asses in gear and lend a hand, quit flying around and scaring people.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
What makes you think that other planets are different? What if they're exactly the same only better technology. Maybe the only reason they haven't landed is because they're too busy bickering about whether or not to disclose existence of "Earthlings" to their masses!

Just a thought.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The earth isnt a lousy planet.

Remember what astronaut Jim Lovell said?

"The earth is like a oasis in the vast blackness of space"

see how beautiful the earth is

It is only we who dont understand this and appreciate this. So, change your perspective. All will be fine.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The problem is, we live in a world of our own making, its NOT the earths fault at all. An analogy if I may...its like a kid at Christmas, they are given a gift and for a time they love and take care of said gift, over time they lose interest in it, kick it, throw it, neglect it and eventually stop caring about it all together...that is what we have done to the beautiful gift that we have been given...maybe not intentionally, but done just the same! Just my 2 cents....

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have to agree with Peacejet on this one as well.

If we can't go through the process of hardships and responsibility while maintaining our hearts and dreams upon the stars with a degree of humility....how can we ever hope to join a Greater Interstellar Community?

So many take so much for granted here. I shudder to think what would befall the fate of pristine worlds if their erroneous ways were not kept in check.

We are afforded to luxury of seeing what is beneficial to both the environment and the individual, as well as what is detrimental.

We gain perspective by the trials we go through in this lifetime, on this planet. Once we gain True Perspective and have our disciplines and character in check, we will move forward to a more harmonious incarnation.

Keep your head up out there, Korath. Never lose sight of how things should be and remember the negative aspects are there as a cautionary lesson.

Everything will be ok.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The grass always seems greener on the other side. Everybody wants to live somewhere else but where they are at. It doesn't matter where you live, different planet, country, city, town, etc, you can run into this problem anywhere. Someone who thinks living in Los Angeles would be the greatest place to live in, but someone living in L.A hates it there, thinks it sucks, overrated and nothing to do, would desire to live in Orlando. Get what I'm saying? You perceive the planet as miserable because that reflects what you are. Focusing on making your life better as well as those around you, and really just being not only happy with yourself but accepting how life on this "lousy" planet is, then you'll be happier with yourself.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Given the only other planets we've seen...I like it here, just fine thank you very much.

What's the solution? Go back to the farm days...? Get up a sunup, go to bed at sundown, just to do it all over the next day? (and there's no day off on a farm...animals still need to be fed, etc.).

No, I'll take the eight-hour work day with 2 days off, coming home to my chemically-enhanced food, and watching my big screen after a long day's work...thanks...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by korath

Doesn't it seem kind of odd that your here, punching a clock, being oppressed with taxes, living with polluted air and water and wars and eating chemically enhanced foods?

The solution to that is simple, don't get a job and live somewhere remote with plenty of coconut trees, no dangerous animals/humans and ample supply of natural fresh water.

Then hone your God-given skills, come back to society, give hope to the hopeless, and open prison doors(not literal prison cells, but free men and women from mental and spiritual slavery!)!

I doubt that you will still think negatively of Earth at this stage. Paradise is on Earth and is accessible to those willing to find and share it!

[edit on 11-6-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Simple. I don't want you messing up my other worlds. I specifically put you on this pitiful speck of dirt in the corner of the galaxy cause I knew how you people would turn out.

Once you all grow up, stop killing each other and realize that you all are equal in my eyes then and only then will you as a species be able to leave your little backyard and take your place with everyone else.

Least the dolphins know how to cooperate with other species.

Source: GOD

Sorry folks, channeled god there for a second

[edit on 6/11/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My guess is that the aliens have, in effect, quarantined us, as we stumbled onto technology we shouldn't have naturally (by a standard bell curve) achieved yet. Or maybe they just don't like us...who knows?

You gotta admit, the theory fills in a lot of gaps...

Perhaps the aliens' conversation went like this:

"They're made out of meat."
"Meat?"
"Meat. They're made out of meat."
"Meat?"
"There's no doubt about it. We picked several from different parts of the planet, took them aboard our recon vessels, probed them all the way through. They're completely meat."
"That's impossible. What about the radio signals? The messages to the stars."
"They use the radio waves to talk, but the signals don't come from them. The signals come from machines."
"So who made the machines? That's who we want to contact."
"They made the machines. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Meat made the machines."
"That's ridiculous. How can meat make a machine? You're asking me to believe in sentient meat."
"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. These creatures are the only sentient race in the sector and they're made out of meat."
"Maybe they're like the Orfolei. You know, a carbon-based intelligence that goes through a meat stage."
"Nope. They're born meat and they die meat. We studied them for several of their life spans, which didn't take too long. Do you have any idea the life span of meat?"
"Spare me. Okay, maybe they're only part meat. You know, like the Weddilei. A meat head with an electron plasma brain inside."
"Nope. We thought of that, since they do have meat heads like the Weddilei. But I told you, we probed them. They're meat all the way through."
"No brain?"
"Oh, there is a brain all right. It's just that the brain is made out of meat!"
"So... what does the thinking?"
"You're not understanding, are you? The brain does the thinking. The meat."
"Thinking meat! You're asking me to believe in thinking meat!"
"Yes, thinking meat! Conscious meat! Loving meat. Dreaming meat. The meat is the whole deal! Are you getting the picture?"
"Omigod. You're serious then. They're made out of meat."
"Finally, Yes. They are indeed made out meat. And they've been trying to get in touch with us for almost a hundred of their years."
"So what does the meat have in mind?"
"First it wants to talk to us. Then I imagine it wants to explore the universe, contact other sentients, swap ideas and information. The usual."
"We're supposed to talk to meat?"
"That's the idea. That's the message they're sending out by radio. 'Hello. Anyone out there? Anyone home?' That sort of thing."
"They actually do talk, then. They use words, ideas, concepts?"
"Oh, yes. Except they do it with meat."
"I thought you just told me they used radio."
"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat."
"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much. So what do you advise?"
"Officially or unofficially?"
"Both."
"Officially, we are required to contact, welcome, and log in any and all sentient races or multi-beings in the quadrant, without prejudice, fear, or favor. Unofficially, I advise that we erase the records and forget the whole thing."
"I was hoping you would say that."
"It seems harsh, but there is a limit. Do we really want to make contact with meat?"
"I agree one hundred percent. What's there to say?" `Hello, meat. How's it going?' But will this work? How many planets are we dealing with here?"
"Just one. They can travel to other planets in special meat containers, but they can't live on them. And being meat, they only travel through C space. Which limits them to the speed of light and makes the possibility of their ever making contact pretty slim. Infinitesimal, in fact."
"So we just pretend there's no one home in the universe."
"That's it."
"Cruel. But you said it yourself, who wants to meet meat? And the ones who have been aboard our vessels, the ones you have probed? You're sure they won't remember?"
"They'll be considered crackpots if they do. We went into their heads and smoothed out their meat so that we're just a dream to them."
"A dream to meat! How strangely appropriate, that we should be meat's dream."
"And we can mark this sector unoccupied."
"Good. Agreed, officially and unofficially. Case closed. Any others? Anyone interesting on that side of the galaxy?"
"Yes, a rather shy but sweet hydrogen core cluster intelligence in a class nine star in G445 zone. Was in contact two galactic rotations ago, wants to be friendly again."
"They always come around."
"And why not? Imagine how unbearably, how unutterably cold the universe would be if one were all alone."

(www.setileague.org...)

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Gazrok]

new topics

top topics

join