It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional panel to analyze VA hospital mishaps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Congressional panel to analyze VA hospital mishaps

my.earthlink.net

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - A congressional panel will question Department of Veterans Affairs officials about mistakes that put patients at risk of possible exposure to HIV and other infectious body fluids at three VA hospitals.

The VA recommended more than 10,000 former VA patients in Miami, Murfreesboro, Tenn., and Augusta, Ga., get follow-up blood checks. Five have tested positive for HIV and 43 have tested positive for hepatitis, according to an update on the VA Web site Friday.

The U.S. House Committee on Veterans' Affairs oversight and investigations subcommittee has set a June 16 heari
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Somehow the treatment of our bravest and finest at the hands of the VA seems to be lacking.

I would think that VA treatment facilities would be the shining example for all hospitals, if nothing else, to honor those wounded in battle; but for some reason the VA in now embroiled in yet another scandal involving the treatment of military personnel.

Is it lack of funding? Careless hospital personnel? Lack of proper over site? Bureaucratic bungling?

This could not be good news for the recruiters.

my.earthlink.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This isn't good new for government run health care at all. Just think do you want the people in charge of the VA running your health care? I think not.

This sucks for our troops you would think out of that massive defense budget they could actually run health care right.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
In Miami, a tube that was supposed to be cleaned after each colonoscopy was instead cleaned at the end of each day, affecting patients between May 2004 and March 2009. And in Augusta, the ENT scopes used for looking into the nose and throat weren't properly cleaned, affecting patients between January 2008 and November 2008.

This is completely inexcusable. Any and everybody involved with a colonoscopy knows that the equipment is to be sterilized, not just cleaned, between patients and assignments are made daily for that little chore. The equipment is to be tested on a regular basis for defects, usually annually.

This is criminal neglect and gross incompetence for all parties involved. And it went on for 5 YEARS! I am stunned!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This sort of things is happening all over america, The hospitals get away
with alot of questionable practices, its really sad! espically in v.a.
hospitals, I know several ex-military guys, who won't even go to a
v.a. hospital.

top topics

join