It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Hendrix 'was murdered' by his manager, claims roadie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Jimmy Hendrix 'was murdered' by his manager, claims roadie

www.dailymail.co.uk

Rock legend Jimi Hendrix was murdered by his manager as part of an insurance scam, a new book by one of former aides claims.

Hendrix choked to death on his own vomit when he was 27 – but the exact circumstances of his death have always been a mystery.

Now James ‘Tappy’ Wright, one of the rock star’s roadies, claims that Hendrix’s manager, Michael Jeffery, confessed to killing him. Jeffery is said to have made a drunken confession a year after the star’s death in September 1970.

The book, called Rock Roadie, out next month, recalls Wright’s life with various rock stars during the Sixties, including Tina Turner and Elvis Presley.

In it, Wright claims Jeffery, who was married to actress Gillian French, made the confession at his apartment in 1971, two years before he died in a plane crash.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30/5/2009 by nerbot]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hendrix isn't dead! .......he just left his body behind.

So...... a book, an alleged murder, a witness to the alleged confession and a dead confessor.

Should sell a few copies eh?

I wonder if any more details will be given without having to buy the book or whether this will turn out to be something like the Johnan Reed (Rutter) "alien in the freezer" story LINK where it's all for the bucks and the only way to get knowledge about the case is to make a purchase of some sort.

Interesting that the author of the book, James ‘Tappy’ Wright, is probably also the author of this Daily Mail article (James Tapper). Maybe he has a friend in the office.

RIP James....they can kill rockers, but they can't kill ROCK.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
"excuse me while i kiss the sky".....

Its a shame, hendrix did so much for music, most people dont realise the extent and how much the experience changed music as we know it.
If it was not for them, there would not be concerts like they are now.
nor the cool rif's with the twisted sounds.
A artist way ahead of his time.

You are so right, they can kill the rocker, but will never be able to kill the rock.
His music is timeless.

Interesting therory, since no one realy knows what happend, sure he OD'ed on drugs, but by all accounts he was not using any that night because he didnt feel well. Although then again, that is hear say as well.
We shall never know, all we can do is enjoy what he left behind.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yes, I've read about this theory before. ButI just want to point out that Jimi's name was spelt 'Jimi', not Jimmy! It really annoys me when I see his name spelt like that. The guy is a legend, after all - one of my heroes as a fellow guitar player.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
OK I know nothing for certain. But happened to be living in Notting Hill Gate, London, when Hendrix died.

A pretty wild place at the time. No conspiracy theory circulating. From people connected, just stupid unfortunate accident from too much drugs, prescription and illicit, and too much booze.

Not an unusual end for quite a few young musicians at the time. The Too Much Too Soon phenomenon.

Except Hendrix was a star and one who deserved to be. So we remember it and there's a buck to be made promoting a related conspiracy theory.

Mike

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I dunno but it sounds like Tappy Wright just wants to make some cash with this book. Still an interesting idea, killing Jimi by making him choke on his own vomit. Wonder what Hercule Poirot would make of that.

What I find strange is that so many rock legends died at the age of 27, Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and Brian Jones just to name a few. Coincidence?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Michael Jeffrey was one of two people who helped manage Jimi's professional career. There was talk of him having connections to the mafia in the past and swindling hundreds of thousands of dollars of Jimi's money that he funnelled through off shore bank accounts. When Jimi was in his Gypsy Sun and Rainbows era, a car would drive by Jimi's estate every other week or so and fire gunshots into the air. Jimi himself though this was Michael sending a message to him to reform the Experience, which would have been much better for business.

Honestly, I just think Michael wishes he would've murdered Jimi for the insurance money, and he 'confessed' to doing so while being drunk. We all know how 'talkative' we get when we're drunk. His thought process at the time must've been something like "Jimi was going to die anyways, so why not kill him and profit off of it". Just my two cents.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by yizzel
I dunno but it sounds like Tappy Wright just wants to make some cash with this book. Still an interesting idea, killing Jimi by making him choke on his own vomit. Wonder what Hercule Poirot would make of that.

What I find strange is that so many rock legends died at the age of 27, Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and Brian Jones just to name a few. Coincidence?

Agree here. This is the new era of historical revisionism and fat book contracts with celebrity tie-ins.

Depends on drug combinations, emptiness of the stomach, a dozen factors. But generally people stoned out of their gourd can easily choke on their vomit.

From a medical friend of mine, 27 is about when the body starts to react and become less capable of absorbing abuse after a near decade of drugs and booze overloading. If you become rich and famous in your early 20s you up the volume and potency.

You just think you can handled it all the way you could at 22. Your body say no.

Mike

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I noticed the names' similarity too, but I think its just a coincidence; one is an ex- roadie with a book out, living in Miami, the other is a regular contributor to the Daily Mail.
But this story doesn't totally surprise me - I saw a doco on Jimi, at the height of his fame he just wanted to relax for a while, get away from all the craziness, ride horses, swim and just recharge his over-depleted batteries. But his manager at the time appeared, with 2 goons with bulges under their jackets, and took Jimi back to the grindstone...(basically at gunpoint)
There never seemed to be any shortage of people telling him what he should do - black artists criticized him for fronting a white band, leading him to form the Band of Gypsies ... and he clearly wanted nothing more than to pursue and develop his art, not deal with all the parasites trying to suck his blood.
Some folks do both really well, eg Mick Jagger - consummate performer and savvy businessman in one - but Jimi was the pure artist

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The music scene during Hendrix's life was far out...chocking on vomit? Must of been epic.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I haven't seen her in some time, but there used to be this crazy woman who would stop by the bar from time to time, and she claimed to be making a documentary about this very theory.

Maybe she wasn't so crazy after all...

anyone ever heard pf this documentary?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I remember this article written on a Video Game Website.

It is all about how Hendrix and Microsoft and how the naming of Microsoft OS's seem to match with Hendrix.

Makes me wonder.

Read it as it is quite interesting
www.vgwatchdog.com...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
As his manager I would have thought that Hendrix was more of a commercial commodity alive rather than dead, the people who benefit most out of an artist like Hendrix's death are the beneficiaries of his will.

Some things are just what they are.

However...?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I like Hendrix. I like Led Zepplin better. But Hendrix is great stuff. Even my 13 year old daughter digs Hendrix.

yes .. I said 'digs' ... (I'm old)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Could be something to this.

John Bannister, the surgeon who tried to revive Hendrix at hospital, said he was convinced he had drowned in red wine. Yet Hendrix had very little alcohol in his bloodstream.

In 1992 he wrote: ‘I recall vividly the very large amounts of red wine that oozed from his stomach and his lungs, and in my opinion there was no question that Jimi Hendrix had drowned, if not at home then on the way to the hospital.

‘At the time I felt that he had either been on sedative tablets, to sleep or otherwise, and that he had imbibed copious amounts of red wine prior to going to sleep. I would suspect that he regurgitated the red wine and drowned.’

Drowned in red wine - NOT choked on his vomit.

[edit on 31/5/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Could be something to this.

John Bannister, the surgeon who tried to revive Hendrix at hospital, said he was convinced he had drowned in red wine. Yet Hendrix had very little alcohol in his bloodstream.

In 1992 he wrote: ‘I recall vividly the very large amounts of red wine that oozed from his stomach and his lungs, and in my opinion there was no question that Jimi Hendrix had drowned, if not at home then on the way to the hospital.

‘At the time I felt that he had either been on sedative tablets, to sleep or otherwise, and that he had imbibed copious amounts of red wine prior to going to sleep. I would suspect that he regurgitated the red wine and drowned.’

Drowned in red wine - NOT choked on his vomit.

When the contents of one's stomach which might contain recently consumed wine empties involuntarily, as it starts to enter the lungs the victim will choke spasmodically. So drowning in vomit that contained substantial red wine.

Mike

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
But I just want to point out that Jimi's name was spelt 'Jimi', not Jimmy! It really annoys me when I see his name spelt like that.

Yeah, so much for the british news"rags" eh?

Originally posted by yizzel

Well I never thought about that much before?? Thanks for that.

reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Kinda points to murder doesnt it? ....very "mafia".

Maybe he was killed BECAUSE of something his manager did or didn't do but by a third unknown party eh?

Unpaid debts or broken promises perhaps.

Poor old Jimi.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Maybe he wasnt the only one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyone looked into any of these deaths for suspicious circumstances?

top topics

join