It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOSS: The Boulder Outdoor Survival School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I have been seriously considering doing this. It offers different courses, Field, Skills and Explorer and they can take 7,14 or 28 days depending on what you want to do. My funds are small, but I can save up gradually to do this and since I'm not very familar with outdoor things, I thought this might be a good thing to do because it is taught by people who know what they're doing, which is what I'm looking for. However, I'm also aware of scams and B.S courses so I like to be cautious where my goes goes, especially since I have little of it. I don't know anyone who has done this so I was just curious to know if any of you have and if you did, would it be worth my time to do this?

www.boss-inc.com...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
From looking over the site, i came to three conclusions.

1. These guys have been doing this for 40 some odd years, and they've had many graduates.

2. The majority of the graduates claim that it is their "most memorable and worthwhile achievements ever"

3. The technique involved practically forces you to learn something, so theres no way you'll go away empty handed.

The adage What doesn't kill you makes you stronger comes to mind when i read the website, and with forty years experience, your in good hands IMO.
i'd take the 14 day course in October. not too hot, not too cold. Just right.

if i was going to do something like this, then you best believe this is how i'd do it. nothing but a poncho, a knife, and a canteen. Actually sounds pretty fun.

love and peace

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
It sounds fairly well-established; 40+ years and they sound like they know what they're doing. If you're serious, maybe phone them up and ask to speak to some of the currently enrolled students and find out just what they're doing, and then decide if it's something you want to do, too.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Well it seems like a legit company, however I found it kind of odd that the movie castaway never mentioned their company in the credits, not even in the "special thanks" section at the end. This company played a big role in the pre production of castaway but was never mentioned. Nonetheless great thread, Im gonna read up some more on this place. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Thank you for the reply guys, when I finally do get around to doing this, I'll be sure to give an update of my experience and say whether it's worth the time or money.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Lumina
Thank you for the reply guys, when I finally do get around to doing this, I'll be sure to give an update of my experience and say whether it's worth the time or money.

Thanks for the post! I had no idea schools like this existed. I am definitely going to look into it now!

top topics

join