It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Is Now A Time For ACTION

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Ok, this is my first - VERY first - time, on any public forum/board, so be 'gentle with me'.

I come here now, because of the ever increasing swirl of change that envelopes us all. It is my belief that much of what I see and hear, each day, is not the result of the normal dynamic of civilization. I can feel it, something is "off". And this is from someone who has witnessed,( via live TV ), a lot in their lifetime. Here are just some of the events that have been seared into my memory:
- On-air killing of a man,( Ruby shooting Oswald ).
- Daily news broadcasts of the war in Vietnam.
- Riots in the streets of Chicago at the 1968 Democratic Convention
- Live coverage of the attack on the U.S. Embassy as the Vietnam War ended
- The riots in Watts / LA and Detroit
- Tiananmen Square protests / massacre of 1989
- U.S. tanks attacking U.S. citizens in Waco, TX
- Elien Gonzales being forcibly taken from relatives,( to be returned to Cuba )
- A "president" of the USA using the phrase "New World Order" in a speech
before a joint session of congress...

But what I see happening now, not just in the USA, but around the world, seems to be much more intense. It seems to me, that unlike past momentous events, there is little if no respite between these shocks. There is no lull for us to use for reflection, on these events. Just a "BOOM" as another shock hits humanity. This strikes me as a conserted effort to pummel us. To what specific end? - for submission? turning us on one another? pushing us into retreating into isolation? I am not sure. But none of those possible outcomes makes for a future that I want for my family or myself.

It is my hope that I will find others, on this site, that like me, feel that humanity is heading into historically "uncharted waters". And that being lukewarm about the things going on right now, will not serve humanity well. Mankind needs the ACTIVE assistance of dedicated people, to help us all get through these trying times. If this is truly a "concerted" effort against humanity, then only a concerted effort by strong willed people can stop it.

I therefore, would like to state my intention, here and now, to re-dedicate myself to my fellow man and my home, by right of birth. The following forms a kind of oath, that I believe helped me to focus my actions. I present it here in the hope that it may help others to crystallize their reaction,( to the "pummeling" ), into positive actions. Hopefully this will get us off the "ropes" before we are knocked flat.

I swear to defend the sanctity of all human life.
I pledge to always choose non-violent means, first.
I dedicate myself to the wise stewardship of my birth right - earth.
I will work to root out / bring to justice, those who work against humanity
I renounce membership or support of any group or entity that violates these tenets.

I join this group, not to jawbone others in marathon gripe fests, but to take ACTION. Be it reporting violations, to the above tenets, as soon as I learn of them or offering realistic solutions - courses of action - to be taken by all to stop such violations against humanity. This I pledge to the members of ATS.

And, in the future, please let me know if you see that I am falling short of this goal. I am a great believer in "steel sharpens steel". And right now, we all need to be "sharp" and stay that way, until this world is taken back, before it is taken away.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TOSFORUS

Hey welcome to ATS.

One of the most entertaining locations on the web, you'll never really know what somebody will post next. Make yourself at home there is plenty of beer and eats in the frig.

We have a wonderful Search feature to see if something you want to post a new thread about hasn't already been posted. Trust me using it cuts down on getting your post deleted for already being posted. It is also a great way to find and join already going threads in your fields of interests.

We have a wonderful "Writer" community here at ATS. You'll fit right in.

P.S.

Don't touch my Scotch!

Peace

Slay

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
We are all guilty of falling short already. What are any of us going to do to stop what is already in progress? We are a minority...most of the world think we are whackos.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Welcome.

I too feel as though humanity is entering uncharted waters. I believe there are many others who feel the same way, which happens to lead a lot of them here. Myself included.

I liked your opening post by the way, especially this part:

I swear to defend the sanctity of all human life.
I pledge to always choose non-violent means, first.
I dedicate myself to the wise stewardship of my birth right - earth.
I will work to root out / bring to justice, those who work against humanity
I renounce membership or support of any group or entity that violates these tenets.

I look forward to reading some of your posts.

new topics

top topics

join