It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot whales beached in South Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Pilot whales beached in South Africa

news.bbc.co.uk

More than 50 pilot whales have become stranded on a beach near Cape Town, South Africa.

Marine scientists and volunteers managed to get more than 20 of the whales back into the water despite bad weather and high waves but the rest had to be humanely killed because they could not be returned to the sea.

Rescuers say it is unclear why the whales came ashore.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
hey all do you remeber those dolphins and whales that beached themselves in west australia and tazmania. i wrote a post about the web bot prediction saying 'global coastal event, lots of finger pointing'. are we gonna see more of this you think and whats going on in the sea.
it all smells a bit fishy haha

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
We were talking about this yesterday "Is something about to happen?" Australia in 2003/4? It was the tsunami, so things are getting a bit too close for comfort here.

Here is our news story on it. They may euthanise them as it could be kinder and quicker.

www.news24.com...

[edit on 5/30/2009 by qonone]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

hey all do you remeber those dolphins and whales that beached themselves in west australia and tazmania.

Yeah,
Not to long ago a bunch of pilot whales beached and then like two days later the Melbourne quake hit.

I will be very interested to see if another quake hits the relative region in the next few days. If it does I will be convinced that these whales can tell something is off, right before a quake.

Here is the other beaching thread that predicts the eathquake in the OP

Whales Beached in Australia//Earthquake Predicted

And then 4 days later

Earthquake Hits Melbourne

Good find, we'll have to wait and see.

Edit: links

[edit on 5/30/2009 by AlienChaser]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

I don't think the theory has any legs, here's some research I did after the most recent whale stranding in WA a few months ago:

There have been 21 mass strandings since 1984 in this area, yet only 6 major earthquakes (mag 5.0+) were recorded, with the closest being west of Fremantle 6 years prior to a beaching

Earthquakes:
1980 Dec 09 W of Fremantle 5.2
1980 Dec 10 Cadoux 5.0
1990 Jan 17 Meckering 5.5
2001 Sep 28 Burakin 5.2
2002 Mar 05 Burakin 5.0
2002 Mar 30 Burakin 5.2

www.seismicity.see.uwa.edu.au...

In WA mass stranding events were recorded in 1986, 1988, 2002 and 2005.

www.news.com.au...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7dc52f0e674.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

already posted here.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I was watching a documentary last year about what causes whales and dolphins to beach themselves. One theory is underwater noise pollution caused from military ships using sonar. It basically drives them crazy.

The use of military sonar poses a deadly threat to whales and other marine mammals
www.nrdc.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

There is evidence that active sonar may hurt whales and lead to their beaching. On some occasions whales have been stranded shortly after military sonar was active in the area, suggesting a link.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Yup, in the Predictions & Prophecies section of ATS. This is the Breaking News section. It's ok to have them posted in both places.

new topics

top topics

join