It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Eve Of GM Bankrupcy, The Obamas Enjoy A Taxpayer Funded Night In NYC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicClearance

Oh, but GM is a bastion of america, lol

No, i feel you on that..

I guess we just needed to bail them out over that time period to get all their affairs in order or something..

Like I said, we will prob. never know what really went on.. but in reality its not you or i getting paid back its the FED, so it really doesn't matter IMO lol

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
There was some thing on CNN How the wheels came off... is a pretty big blow to petrol burning vehicles. It would be wise for the pres to say *something* about GMs future if any. My bet is.. these robotics wont be sitting idle for long. Wish they would develop flying cars..

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Official report on costs of Presidential and Vice Presidential travel

So .. how much did this NYC date cost us? Was it hundreds of thousands like the Valentines Day 3-day date to Chicago? More? Less? The White House is refusing to say.

21,000 more expected layoffs at GM due to bankruptcy ... the North Koreans are clammering for war ... Gov't spending is out of control ... Swine Flu is set to mutate and come back in Sept/Oct to kill a hefty chunk of the world population .... etc etc ... but Obama just keeps on spending like a drunk'n sailor.

I get it that people need vacations. But he's only been in office 4 freak'n months and already he's taken 2 'weekend trips' .. each of which has cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars. Hey Obama ... while you are spending us into oblivion keep in mind that Camp David is where you are supposed to be doing your relaxing and it costs a whole lot less.

He's seriously taking advantage of us all

(not surprised)

[edit on 5/31/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hold it here folks! So suddenly it's ok for Obama to take these little trips nearly every other weekend but yet Bush went to Crawford and it was almost a crime in itself? HELLOOOOOOOOOO ......

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

GM got what it deserved.

GM has been in business LONGER THAN OBAMA HAS BEEN ALIVE

As I have previously stated, I did not vote for the guy, but I would focus your concentrations on other things.

Again, GM has absolutely nothing to do with OBAMA in the LONG RUN, and he just inherited the debacle that started long before he was even in a position of politics.

If you want to be mad about something, be mad about the raw deal the bondholders are getting. That is something the OBAMA camp has a hand in.

EDIT:

And remember that is 120 days with 4 days of vacation.. I would say he puts in 10-15 hour days, which makes him quite a hard worker IMO.

He also gets paid 400,000 a year + other perks + his other investments, so I wouldn't be so quick to judge where this $ is coming from unless you have the documentation in front of you.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join