It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbital Lasers acheivable in the near future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have been reading many books and aricles on the subject of lasers and sattelites as you do, but what has interested me has been one person who said it will be possible in the near future. I immeadeatly dismissed the idea but now im not so sure.
Any ideas on the subject?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I have one Idea on the subject.

Sooner than you think. They are currently being tested. That's right, they are not in design mode. They have been built, and are being tested.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
hmm well thats a bit ...............worrying
what happens if terrorists get the comand + control codes instead of a one shot weapon uv got a multiple shot weapon !
but would be very effective in taking out targets

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Wow, ok so first, this has already been covered, if you would bother to do the work to search(although I do not blaim you, the new search really stinks) you would find that many threads have covered this topic.

And orbital lasers have already been created and there are working forms, I will not get into the rest because it would be a waste of my time since it has already been covered in great detail by other people, just go back a few you will find something.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
hmm well thats a bit ...............worrying
what happens if terrorists get the comand + control codes instead of a one shot weapon uv got a multiple shot weapon !
but would be very effective in taking out targets

1.Lasers have little collateral damage - not the best for terrorists
2. Lasers have problems to penetrate the atmosphere and clouds - not the best thing to should the people on earth.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
hello? star wars during the reagan administration!

also, wasn't there a treaty banning weapons in space?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

also, wasn't there a treaty banning weapons in space?

Just nukes and orbital bombardment. The lasers for shooting down balistic misiles are allowed (I think)

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
there's a good article on DEW's and lasers and such at this link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It's a good read.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Lasers for ICBM defense would work, they don't have to penetrate the clouds to hit the space faring missiles.

new topics

top topics

join