It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US lab debuts super laser

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is great but sadly (like most innovation) we may not be seeing this put to use for a while yet haha.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Lizard Hearted....hahaha, im rolling that some people actually believe in that CROCK.

Secondly, this was discovered like 30 years ago and they just kept the ace up their sleeves until now. Now bring on war with IRAN in a short while, then o suddenly they cannot cripple the West by witholding oil.

This has a military advantage as well.

Cheers

Brad

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SimpleKnowledge

I once talk to some one who wanted to tell me more he had some crazy theories, but said that some people cared. He talked about the speed of light, gravity and time travel also i asked about teleportation. He said some theories should be mathematical reversed.Great find thanks.
what?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Absolutely agreed, America should always remain the superpower and I think the major disclosure yesterday is just the beginning of the greatest of times which began here, never ended, and will not end. To bad for all those trouble makers over sees, I only pray they will see the light of America's goodness.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster2
im going to keep this short and sweet. i dont believe in coincidence and the timing of this "unveiling" during the energy crisis seems to signal something else to me. if we are the only country capable of making this technology its a new way for us to take power out of the third worlds hands concerning oil and claim our standing on the top rung of the ladder of energy supply. just a thought.

Oh, man! When my friend and I were reading the article, we turned to one another and said, at the same time... "Hmmmm. Why are they releasing this NOW?!?" And we gave one another a knowing look.

Yeah, they're up to something.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toughiv

Lizard Hearted....hahaha, im rolling that some people actually believe in that CROCK.

[shrug] Believe as you like. Have you read The Terra Papers?

Secondly, this was discovered like 30 years ago and they just kept the ace up their sleeves until now. Now bring on war with IRAN in a short while, then o suddenly they cannot cripple the West by witholding oil.

Hmmm. And who are "they," anyway? Megasick humans? Who sickened them so?

This has a military advantage as well.

I'm sure it does, but it's awfully devoid of human caring, wouldn't you agree?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The Terra Papers are a good read if you tough it all the way through. Even better. After you read the Terra Papers, Google the Gospel of Judas (One of the found Dead Sea Scrolls) and prepare for a shock you didnt expect. It will open eyes and an understanding beyond the dinosaurs begins to sink into the head like reality. Of course, its just reading, believe what you want. Ol JC might turn out to be even more awsome than once thought.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Could we please keep this thread active, this is an amazing thread
great news tbh... i hope they keep this technology and use it for good ;D!!!!, even if they create weapons with it(Already done)!
Imagine the properties it could be used for, cooking, heat, power, all kinds!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by allsop

I think the very first thing they would of thought was "How can we use this as a military advantage" Nukes dont mean much these days, nearly everybody has them and the chances of a nuke getting too its target and not being intercepted are probably quite low against the major players.

I think it would be impossible to intercept a laser, but I bet the first thing they did after they built the weapon was build a defence system against the weapon.

There is no such thing as free energy, even if in 100 years they manage to roll this out to the public instead of electricity people would still have to pay. Because they have spent billions developing it, billions would need to spent to put the foundations in place to distribute it. And the new energy system would need to be maintained. All costs that we would have to pay for, thats before we get charged for the further development of the tech.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
What kind of box do you store a tiny Sun in so that you can soak up all the heat?

What is that bad boy made of that can withstand the heat of the Sun?

Once Hydrogen starts to react, dosen't it start to split out the hydrogen and oxygen in the atmosphere and burn that too?

Dosen't it start splitting water molecules too?

Dosen't it burn everything but iron which is the singular waste product of a depleated star?

So once that burns through the housing, and drops on the floor, how do you put a sun out? You sure don't pour water on it, that would be like pouring gasoline on a fire!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

this uses the ICF approach - Inertial confinement fusion , whereas the other countries researching in this field use MCF or Magnetic confinement fusion , in MCF the plasma is heated and contained within a magnetic tokamak and so far the best to date - the JET at culham is producing 16MW (although it needs just over 20MW to heat the plasma) the ITER is proposed to produce 500MW when it opens in a few years in france.

now the USA isn`t as heavily involved in ITER (and canada pulled out in 2003 citing finanicial issues) as they are in ICF

as present the USA is the only country actively researching ICF

so what is ICF?

it uses newtons third law to confine the energy release - directed inwards rather than outwards.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

have a read - its a none to technical place to start

[edit on 31/5/09 by Harlequin]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by Cyberbian

have a look at the JET project at culham - if they use the same principles of containment , then the plasma vortex will be contained within a magnetic field

www.jet.efda.org...

[edit on 31/5/09 by Harlequin]

Yeah,.
50 years on and billions upon billions of dollars later, it still doesn't work either.
The Sun is not now, and never has been, a fusion reactor.
It's Electrical in nature.

As far as the quote below goes, this looks to be wishful thinking to me.
How is a hypothetical fusion reaction going to be contained?

A fusion reaction triggered by the super laser hitting hydrogen atoms will produce more energy than was required to prompt "ignition," according to NIF director Edward Moses.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by neil wilkes

after reading it - i edited what i put , JET works nicely actually but is at the limit of what it can do - thats machine limits.

but they have proved the science behind it.

www.jet.efda.org...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

The lab was founded in 1952 and describes itself as a research institution for science and technology applied to national security.

There is something more to all this, National Security is a very large and vague umbrella. This Laser is seen not only as a power source, but as a weapon.

I think the very first thing they would of thought was "How can we use this as a military advantage" Nukes dont mean much these days, nearly everybody has them and the chances of a nuke getting too its target and not being intercepted are probably quite low against the major players.

I was thinking a similar thing, for a while, there has been a type of 'monopoly' on nuclear power, not allowing other countries to use it or develop it, keeping it very much 'within the family'. With NK now developing and testing the own nuclear capabilities, I think it was decided that they need a 'bigger stick'.

As another poster said, this could also be a grab at the US's dwindling grip on 'the top spot'.

Imagine the properties it could be used for, cooking, heat, power, all kinds!

Lol, Can I have my steak Supernova'd please?

EMM

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by inregardstoo
The Terra Papers are a good read if you tough it all the way through. Even better. After you read the Terra Papers, Google the Gospel of Judas (One of the found Dead Sea Scrolls) and prepare for a shock you didnt expect. It will open eyes and an understanding beyond the dinosaurs begins to sink into the head like reality. Of course, its just reading, believe what you want. Ol JC might turn out to be even more awsome than once thought.

I agree that the first part of the Papers are a difficult read - that's why I compiled a glossary to help out, (Found here: www.abovetopsecret.com... )

I thought I was reading bad science fiction initially, but the history of how the Papers cam to be intrigued me and I kept reading. (History here: www.abovetopsecret.com... )

When I reached the end, I was literally shaking from a radical paradigm shift. All the illogical stuff, all the things I asked WHY about, were made clear and logical if I plugged the data from the Papers in.

I haven't read the Gospel of Judas in its entirety, but will seek it post haste.

Still, though I hold the message of JC in high regards, I know that the bulk of the Bible is a control device, and that JC's message was twisted beyond recognition by those who "explained" his teachings and chose whose words would be given in its pages.

Though you refer to the Papers as merely a "good read," I contend that they are the closest to the truth of our history as we have available. And to solve our issues, we must accept that "we" are a combination of beings, the largest group being the rightful heirs of this planet who are enslaved by usurpers.

This explains the NWO to a tee.

This explains the persistence to keep drugs that encourage thinking (like an herb, specifically) "illegal." Not only does it inhibit thinking, it divides, allowing our continued conquered status.

It explains why we jump into wars that most of us, if we knew the truth, would think were insane.

This explains 9/11.

This explains the whole system of money we are enslaved by.

This explains the lack of truth in our MSM.

This explains Obama's behavior. (He may not be Lizard, but he has been wooed, I am sure.)

This explains why the pharmaceutical scene is the way it is, with FDA rubber stamping chemical weapons until the public begins to complain. Meanwhile, those ill-informed individuals affected are being imprisoned for things like having seizures at the wheel of a car, weeks after beginning a drug known to cause seizures and without the information that a seizure is possible through the whole course of the drug - protecting themselves with "until you know how this drug affects you."

This explains why I move amongst those who, but for a need for money, would always choose kindly behavior, yet I see people with virtually all the money in the world choosing money over people.

This explains so much in my world, and I must move with a firm belief if I am to help solve the issues we have.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

A lizard shapeshifted as a human. C'mon now, wake up.

Please explain to me what logical process you have going on that makes u think this ISNT crock?

I would REALLY like to know!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toughiv

A lizard shapeshifted as a human. C'mon now, wake up.

Do show where I mentioned "shapeshifted..." It may be that the Lizard Hearted have shapeshifting abilities, but The Terra Papers does not bring this up. So I do not have an opinion on such stories other than to assign a somewhat low probability to the truth of them.

Please explain to me what logical process you have going on that makes u think this ISNT crock?

I would REALLY like to know!

Please read The Terra Papers (linked in my sig) - ALL THE WAY THROUGH and NOT SKIMMING. Then we can discuss my logic.

If you have done this already just say so and I will proceed but with mention of things in those terms - which will be of little use to one who has not read the Papers.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Fair play. I'll read the Terra Papers now. Whether or not those papers are crock is still to be debated

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
So if you can mount a semi portable version of this laser in a big old airplane you could set off little nuclear explosions, by not containing the reaction in a magnetic bubble? You just fly overhead blowing up everything in your path without any further expense and without all those nasty nuclear waste byproducts polluting the environment.

If you incinerate all the bodies, you don't even need to clean up afterward.
It almost makes wholesale slaughter look like a benevolent act!

How friendly is that? Very green thinking. A kinder gentler annihilation!

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I always thought the species of the overlords in the Terra Papers was a representation of spiritual genetics in a much more vast transmigration of soul reincarnation. Just in the fictional sense, the Terra Papers can be very enlightening and entertaining to those who are studied up on many of the worlds religions which mostly, sadly, only reincarnate on the Earth itself. Reading more subjects concerning outer space really opens the mind and encourages it to step out of the box. After the Terra Paper read, although it seems really oppressive, my faith in the grand design of so much more than Earth, keeps growing. The more advances we have in technology, whether the people can handle it or not, the closer the learning people come the great spiritual heights. Good things are coming indeed, but not for everybody. Only those who learn can cross over into higher existence. In closing stay in school kids, no matter how boring it seems.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join