It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walt Disney, UFOs and the USAF.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

"Blue Book was now under direct orders to debunk...I remember the conversations around the conference table in which it was suggested that Walt Disney or some other educational cartoon producer be enlisted in the debunking process".

Dr J Allen Hynek, Chairman of the Department of Astronomy at Northwestern University and scientific consultant for Air Force investigations of UFOs from 1948 until 1969 (Projects Sign, Grudge and Blue Book).

Some intriguing testimony from Disney animator Ward Kimball about Walt Disney's involvement with the USAF and the UFO subject.

Uncle Walt & The Little Green Men

More strange but true testimony came from Oscar-winning Disney animator Ward Kimball. Kimball was best known for bringing to life beloved Disney characters such as Jiminy Cricket, the Cheshire Cat and the Mad Hatter, and for redesigning Mickey Mouse in 1938. He also worked as Directing Animator on classics like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1938), Pinocchio (1940), and Fantasia (1940).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4144bfd63b4.jpg[/atsimg]

In 1979, Kimball revealed that in the mid-1950s the USAF had approached Walt Disney himself to request his cooperation on a documentary about UFOs that would help acclimatise the American public to the reality of extraterrestrials. Even more remarkable was that, in exchange for his cooperation, the USAF would supply Disney with real UFO footage for exclusive use in his documentary. According to Kimball, Disney accepted the deal and began work immediately on the USAF project--perhaps not so unusual, considering Disney's established relationship with the US government (during WWII, Disney made approximately 80 propaganda shorts for the military).

NOTE: Disney is also responsible for using his own funds to produce Victory Through Air Power, a feature-length film based on the military theories of Alexander P. de Seversky, which has been noted as possibly the single most important film propaganda ever produced. Upon seeing it, FDR and Churchill shifted the Allies focus from land-based conflicts to utilizing long-range bombing campaigns that eventually defeated the Germans and Japanese.

While Disney waited patiently for the USAF to provide the UFO footage, his animators produced conceptual designs of what an alien might look like. But as time passed, it became clear that the USAF was getting cold feet. The offer of the UFO footage was eventually withdrawn, provoking Kimball to challenge the official military liaison for the project, a USAF Colonel who told Kimball that "there was indeed plenty of UFO footage, but that neither [he] nor anyone else was going to get access to it." Needless to say, the film was abandoned and forgotten by all but the few who had worked on it.

NOTE: Disney would later join with ex-Nazi rocket engineer and NASA pioneer, Wernher von Braun, in 1957 to create three space-themed films for television, including Man in Space, Man on the Moon and Mars and Beyond, each based on von Braun's concepts of space travel & exploration. Ward Kimball was a supervisor over these animated projects.

Stills from USAF commissioned Disney film at link:
Link

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Re: three space-themed films for television
Shown on ABC.
This sort of sold everyone on rocket development.
Yet don't recall if the missile crisis was occurring at the same time.

By the end of the 50s the Missile Crisis hit Eisenhower.

Thus Kennedy says we go to the Moon in the 60s.

Nixon reaches the Moon.

By this time everyone forgot about Truman and the saucers at
the end of the 40s and early 50s.

But Reagan brought in Star Wars that was revamped Tesla stuff.

I think thats when some conspiracies started taking hold in some
of those still walking around.

ED: OP and the supply of UFO film:
Policy must have been not divulge knowledge of anything
ET or UFO and keep the campaign of the Tesla Free Energy UFO
Conspiracy (TFEUC) up to the story writers in an unofficial capacity.
Not knowing that there was a TFEUC.

[edit on 5/30/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 5/30/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

This is interesting if it can be proven to be true. On another note, I am sure Mr Disney's views were much in line with Warner Von Braun.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
maybe some of the big time "alien" movies are based on actual alien events, pictures, and encounters - almost like a slow, quiet disclosure for a lot of people over the years. NOT SAYING ALL ALIEN MOVIES - But maybe ET, Starwars, Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind and Star Trek are really based on some past events, not completely. I heard Spielberg was shown a picture of an ET. This is just speculative - but think about it - once they do finally get here, we will atleast be some what familiar with our cosmo friends!! They mustve made "Alien" about the reptillian or insect ET's i've heard about....
i'll say it again This is just speculative..

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
maybe some of the big time "alien" movies are based on actual alien events, pictures, and encounters - almost like a slow, quiet disclosure for a lot of people over the years. NOT SAYING ALL ALIEN MOVIES - But maybe ET, Starwars, Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind and Star Trek are really based on some past events, not completely. I heard Spielberg was shown a picture of an ET. This is just speculative - but think about it - once they do finally get here, we will atleast be some what familiar with our cosmo friends!! They mustve made "Alien" about the reptillian or insect ET's i've heard about....

Thanks for the replies -Timothy Good makes some interesting points about gradual disclosure in this interview and I don't know about any others, but the police chase scene in Close Encounters was said to be based on this actual incident from Ohio:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/933b48a5bf0e.jpg[/atsimg]
Thread

Cheers.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

hey thanks karl!!! that was an awesome read. I heard we are supposed to have disclosure tomorrow, well i saw a thread here on ATS about it.
I honestly hope we do - but i think its already out there, case in point, the thread you linked me to. I never knew that chase was based on a true story. When involving the police and UFOs, you've gotta atleast look into it and im glad i finally read this story!! thanks again Karl12

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I have always believed this. I was talking to with a customer at work today about this. We were discussing aliens/ufos and how some movies are more than likely real in some sense. I truly believe they make some of these movies and or shows to get an idea of how people would react and to tell us hey it's real.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

well it really got me thinking when i watched "E.T." a couple nights ago. I hadnt seen it in years. Just the whole government involvement in the movie, i thought it was a little outlandish with the space suits and tubes, but hey, what can ya do? I also thought the connection with Elliot and ET symbolizes the relationship we have with our space brothers and sisters. We are all one.

I also watched "Close Encounters Of The 3rd Kind" - wow. to see these movies a lot older is great. I truly believe that major parts of the movie were based on true events (I found out the UFO chase was legit, thanks to this thread). Possibly of first contact made, the depiction of the ET's was great.

Yeah i think they have depicted in a lot of movies the different species they know have come here - gathering what we would be most afraid of just from physical traits. I just want some kind of disclosure, i want to know why they are here, have they always been here? Do they live underground or under the sea? Who allowed these abductions? Then that leads me to the DULCE base and it gets more puzzling.
. I strongly believe that people with intent, can, and will see UFO's. Disclosure from the skies.....

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Of course we realize that ETs are all fake and a made up
story by the Illuminati.

Spielberg is just an Illuminati tool and scouted out Bill Lyne one
day with his first wife to check our over unity scientists.
According to Bill when his saw "Mosquito Coast" realized what
happened and remembered Spielberg only when his ex-wife
was waving hello in a store.

The movie has the Tesla Free Energy UFO author researcher going
through salvage yards. Spielberg would be interested to know a
cursory visit found a Nazi saucer inertial navigator compass that
got him as the first guest on a UFO Hunters episode.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
More on Walt Disney, Ward Kimball, the USAF and UFOs.

Walt Disney - SAC Contact for the FBI.

It was Kimball, who at the July 1979 MUFON UFO symposium in California, told of his interest in the subject of UFOs. Then to a stunned audience he related the story of how the American government had approached Walt Disney himself prior to Sputnik to make a UFO documentary to help acclimatize the American population to the reality of extraterrestrials.

Kimball stated in the speech that around 1955 or 1956 Walt Disney was contacted by the USAF and asked to cooperate on a documentary about UFOs. The USAF offered to supply actual UFO footage, which Disney would be allowed to use in his film.

According to Kimball, Disney went along with the USAF plan, which was not unusual. The use of Walt Disney cartoons, after all had been suggested by the 1953 CIA Robertson UFO panel as part of a public-education program involving the mass media to "strip the UFO phenomenon of its special status and eliminatethe aura of mystery it has acquired."

The discussions between the CIA people and Disney may actually have taken place, because in August 1955, Frederick C. Durant 111, who was a member of the Robertson CIA panel showed Walt Kimball's documentary "Man in Space" during the Sixth Congress of the International Astronomical Federation in Copenhagan.

Disney was also, according to a December 16, 1954 FBI document made a SAC Contact for the FBI, which elevated him from his former position as an informant for the agency. The confidential internal FBI memo read,

"Because of Mr. Disney,s position as the foremost producer of cartoon files in the motion picture industry, and his prominence and wide acquaintanceship in film production matters, it is believed that he can be of valuable assistance to this office . . . "

Once Walt Disney had finished his meetings with the USAF, he began to work on the requested UFO documentary for the public. He asked his animators to think up what an alien would look like. Meanwhile, he waited for the Air Force to deliver the promised film. After some period of time the Air Force re-contacted Disney and told him the film offer had to be withdrawn. There would be no UFO footage as promised. Kimball told researcher Stanton Friedman that once he found out there would be no delivery of UFO film, he personally spoke with an Air Force Colonel who told him, "there indeed was plenty of UFO footage, but that neither Ward, nor anyone else, was going to get access to it. This caused a temporary halt to the project. As one account by Bruce Maccabee described it,

" Disney cancelled the project, but by this time a lot of animated film of creatures, had been completed by his artists.

"So Disney went ahead and made a short "documentary" anyway, featuring Jonathan Winters impersonating various "characters" associated with typical UFO lore.

Also found this bit interesting about Robert Emenegger:

The UFO documentary was never shown in public, but Kimball did show the 15-20 minute piece at the 1979 UFO Symposium. The movie, however, did not contain any of the dramatic UFO footage everyone had been promised.What is important to note about this Kimball story about the attempt by the United States government to "spill the beans is that it was not the only time such an incident occurred.

In 1972-73 Colonel Robert Coleman, former USAF Project Blue Book spokesman, and former ATIC Commander Colonel George Weinbrenner, made an offer of "800 feet of film . . .as well as several thousand feet of additional material of dramatic UFO material to documentary film producers Robert Emenegger and Allan Sandler at the Pentagon. They would be allowed to use the UFO footage in a special film project they had been asked to join.

The promised film was reportedly dramatic footage of an encounter between the occupants of a landed UFO and officials at Holloman Air Force Base. It impressed Emenegger who described what he saw in 1988, "What I saw and heard was enough to convince me that the phenomenon of UFOs is real very real.

The project was described to the two producers as a documentary on a secret government project. When the two men discovered that the topic of the secret project would be UFOs, they were surprised because "they had assumed that the matter had been resolved with the closure of Project Blue Book in 1969.

The documentary was to be sponsored by the Department of Defense in a claimed attempt to do a public relations turnaround, which was needed because of the Vietnam War. At least that is the story Emenegger and Sandler were told by Bill Coleman. A number of different subjects were proposed for the documentaries, but no other subject, other than UFOs, were brought up.

The two documentary producers were told that the government was now ready to release all the facts about the alien presence on earth. They were shown evidence that they could use for their tell-all documentary. This evidence included:

- Photographs and films of UFOs. - Pictures of grey-skinned alien beings. - A 16mm movie film of an alien in the company of an Air Force officer. The two men were told that this alien had survived a 1949 crash and it had been kept at a safe house in Los Alamos until its death in 1952. - 800 feet of film showing a landed encounter between three aliens and Holloman Air Base officials during a landing that had reportedly occurred there in May 1971. Several thousand feet of additional material was also offered. - Photos of UFOs taken by astronauts, which NASA had formally denied the existence of.

Link

Cheers.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Ziggyproductions -don't know if you've read the USO thread but the submarine scene at the beginning of the film "The Abyss" sounds similar to quite a number of reported Naval USO incidents.

USO Research

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Disney, UFO and Disclosure (Scribd Document):
www.scribd.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by karl 12

This is interesting if it can be proven to be true. On another note, I am sure Mr Disney's views were much in line with Warner Von Braun.

Kidflash,thanks for the reply-it certainly is an interesting read and theres at least one FBI document (1954) that indicates Walt could well have been on the payroll.
Dr Hyneck,who was the scientific adviser to Project Blue Book,also made some interesting comments about Mr Disney.
Cheers

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Very, VERY interesting. I think he should've done it.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antaun
Very, VERY interesting.
I think he should've done it.

Walt,an FBI spook?

Why do you think he should have done it?

Disney was also, according to a December 16, 1954 FBI document made a SAC Contact for the FBI, which elevated him from his former position as an informant for the agency. The confidential internal FBI memo read

www.rense.com...
Cheers.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
story by the Illuminati.

Source for this claim?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hi, ziggyproductions05 and good ET fans !

i watched "E.T." a couple nights ago. I hadnt seen it in years.
I also watched "Close Encounters Of The 3rd Kind"

Now, watch Cocoon, and read what is linked in the second line
of my signature, and you will recognize :
the entities in Cocoon the entities in the "Ra material" ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Benn discussed, but thanks for the reminder.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by logicalfallacy
Benn discussed, but thanks for the reminder.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some great info there mate -thanks for the link.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
story by the Illuminati.

Spielberg is just an Illuminati tool and scouted out Bill Lyne one
day with his first wife to check our over unity scientists.
According to Bill when his saw "Mosquito Coast" realized what
happened and remembered Spielberg only when his ex-wife
was waving hello in a store.

The movie has the Tesla Free Energy UFO author researcher going
through salvage yards. Spielberg would be interested to know a
cursory visit found a Nazi saucer inertial navigator compass that
got him as the first guest on a UFO Hunters episode.

I see you are still here trying to push your bull# Tesla claim.... and trying to debunk ANYTHING that even remotely suggests there UFOs are of an extra terrestrial origin...... as that would then prove that your religion was 1 big lie.... and of course your religion is your idolisation of Tesla.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join