It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond UFO books? Any recommendations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Too many books on UFOs seem to be compiled simply by reading earlier UFO books. I've lost count of the number of UFO books that recycle tales (complete with old errors or introducing new ones) without adding any real insight.

Perhaps too narrow a view is being taken.

Do members of ATS have any recommendations to share on non-UFO books that have contributed to their understanding of issues relating to UFO reports?

For example, in recent years I've found the following interesting and indirectly very relevant to understanding ufology:

(1) Books on the sociology of science, which give some insight into possible constraints on issues investigated by (or written about) by scientists.

(2) Quite a few academic books on conspiracy theories, which give a wider perspective on the psychological and sociological issues relating to ufology (and ufologists!).

(3) Books on remote viewing, which give quite a bit of insight into the personalities of certain individuals that are mentioned in connection in UFO books in connection with the Aviary etc.

What have you found particularly interesting and relevant to Ufology from beyond UFO books (or UFO websites and documentaries)?

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 30-5-2009 by IsaacKoi]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Try Tom Horn's Apollyon Rising 2012 and William Henry's Cloak of The Illuminati:Stargate secrets of the Anunnaki ..

just to say something ..

I have this thread on here..
Thread here on ATS about somestuff..

[edit on 30-5-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It might take more time than you care but the Tesla and UFO
researcher William R. Lyne has the non ET approach.

His take on what Tesla was doing goes way beyond what collectors
of Tesla material and publications have done.

Get past his extraneous side conspiracies you can get the road map
or the steps the went into the theory.

It took the opportunity to see others in the Tesla groups that Lyne
attends to go over and over some of the fine points.

I sort of get the story line and I'm sticking to it.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Hi, IsaacKoi.

Did you ever read ?:

Alien Mind book.
www.alienmindbook.org...

Blue skies.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I would suggest finding a specialized niche to focus on. So many aspects to the phenomenon. I've been focused on the Truman years in the US. When you do that, I think you find more nuance, context and detail. Lots of online archives, it's not all in mass market books. Google is good.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Atlantis, Alien Visitation & Genetic Manipulation
by Michael Tsarion

Also, you can google him on youtube.
You will find some interesting interviews.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Your right dude Too many books on UFOs seem to be compiled simply by reading earlier books and then depending on the authors religious beliefs you get all that baggage too. As a abductee i dont read ufo books i read peoples stortys or podcasts and as soon as i know for a fact something thay say is bullsh** i deleted it on the spot and move on. I suggest reading the first time storys, for example the first account of the little dumb grays, first account of being underground, first account of telepathic communication that type of thing. I would be interested in that that of Firsts data myself.

Other than that i suggest getting a so-called abductee who's not crazy drunk strapping him to a lie detector and injecting him with sodium pentothal truth serum to get some uncontaminated answers lol.

new topics

top topics

join