It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism: Good or Bad?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I "HAD" a girlfriend who was as DJIHIVES put mentally sterilized, before I ever heard the term I knew soemthing was wrong. They place insane requirments only a Disney inspired prince could acheive. Every man was a dog, and she needed help from no man and didnt need one... which helped in my decision to depart! They all end up falling for the one who play them for the fools they are and end up bitter at men becasue of thier own stupidity. guys know BS when we see it, but when a women is in LUST you cannot talk sense to her. How many have actually seen true love with their own eyes? The kind of love where you literally cannot live without the other person??? Many women's idea of love comes from the lifetime network... as far as I can see. Feminism has done nothing more than to help the process of self genocide right along. Leaving millions of kids in the care of the state I can attest to the states ability to break somebodys spirit. Like you stated... I now meet to many women who are 35 no kids and desperate to have one.... with anybody and anything. The trickle down effect has taken root and now the younger gernerations of kids now imitate what older women are doing.

Some see themselves as strong independent women free of male stereotypes... but dress the part of hooker to the hilt complete with playboy jewelry! And on their right arms is for lack of a better definition a pussy-boy. Who will stand for hours inside boutiques and coffee/tea houses or standing in line for ridiculous pasteries. Endure humiliating events in order to bed somebody who has been mentally sterilyzed. Which is why I guess my past couple of relationships have failed... I refused to give my testicles to add to her collection. The roles have been switched the female is the man and the man is the b@#&H. To see the scientific proof of this, how many kids today resemble their mothers??? THis is proof of the dominant DNA... and it wasnt daddy's! The kids spawed from these genetics turnout to be duds like their fathers, and their daughters turn out just like the mother. The son are weakly types, not masculine nor manly. But the daughters retain all that make the mother such a B*$&h in the first place.

How many guys are happy bieng just "friends", Id imagine this is not the guys idea to begin with. But are so spineless they accept it in the vain hope of "one day she will love me" which is idiocy! I am the one she comes to in the middle of the night when she is horny... not you because you are just friends. Sure you may have had a few rolls in the hay... but when she wants animalistic lovemaking you are the last thing on her mind. She keeps not only you but a whole kenel of lost puppies locked in cages. You jump and yapp when feeding time comes and play nice when she lets you out of your confined space. but she will on the drop of a dime forget all about you. Leaving you in your cage along with all the other lost puppies wondering... when is she coming back.... I dont have any water and Im hungy. Becasue you are just a puppy.... not a full grown pitbull or german shepard or rot. She has you fixed and your tesitcles are in her purse. Believe me she will leave you on a strage road and drive away without blinking. Married or not... and why becasue the law says she can and there is nothing you can do but sit in the road and howl.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopllyte

Gee'z, why did that remind me of Shakespeare’s relationship with Rosaline? I think you generalize to much. Men and Woman are ying and yang - Good and bad in each sex. The women you describe are true but not all of them are like that. We still live in men-run society who, in western culture, are not going to ask women in lust to tone it down and have consideration for your thoughts.
The tables have turned and people don’t like it. Many men stay true to their nature - attempting to # everything insight until some woman can get hold on his testicle's and lock them in her purse. Everyone gets messed around when it comes relationships regardless of gender. I suppose the only real difference now is that woman try and give just as good as they get.

And guys rant when it works.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
And my over-all opinion on this thread, aimed at no one in paticular:
Woman have evolved. Simple as. We are no longer little housewives who's only role in life is to clean teh house, take care of teh kids and try and grow flowery roses in the garden. You can kiss those times goodbye.
Unless you can convince your girl to do such a boring task for 18 years...?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

[...]
But - you came on/in here as a Warrior. In my opinion - most of the posts on this thread are Fear Based Male Ego.

. . . and you can't see the problem?

------------------------------------------------------------------

I am 63. I know what it was like pre 60's Feminist era. Equal Rights still has a long way to go for all humans. And that is what its about - Equal Rights.

Are there agressive females? Yes. As well as agressive men.

You are entitled to your opinion of course. Do you honestly think the Feminist movement is about equal rights? What rights do men currently have that women do not in the West? Can you please be specific on these because last time I checked women could vote, own a house, own property, have a career, run a company etc. When you say "we still have a long way to go" what exactly do you mean? Are you talking about women, or minority groups (which does not actually include women)?

[edit on 10/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

You are entitled to your opinion of course. Do you honestly think the Feminist movement is about equal rights? What rights do men currently have that women do not in the West? Can you please be specific on these because last time I checked women could vote, own a house, own property, have a career, run a company etc. When you say "we still have a long way to go" what exactly do you mean? Are you talking about women, or minority groups (which does not actually include women)?

Dude - - I am a 63 year old female. I KNOW first hand what the Feminist movement is about.

Equality on Paper is not Equality.

Here's an experiment for you. Go on a discussion forum using a Female name. See if your opinions are valued as much as if you were a man.

Women must value themselves as equal and fight for that acceptance in the "world's mind".

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Annee]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Dude - - I am a 63 year old female. I KNOW first hand what the Feminist movement is about.

Equality on Paper is not Equality.

Here's an experiment for you. Go on a discussion forum using a Female name. See if your opinions are valued as much as if you were a man.

Here's an experiment for you. Go into a night club and knock over some guy's beer glass on purpose. Do you reckon he would have second thoughts about physically assaulting you if he realised it was a women who knocked it over? I wonder why the average person might respond in the above manner? Maybe they have been conditioned...

How are women not equal? You have still failed to explain this. Women can own businesses, be managers and Chief officers in all fields of science and entertainment. They are too.

Do you see men complaining that not enough men work in the fashion industry? Do you see men complaining that hairdressing salons prefer to hire women? Do you see men complaining when units advertise for vacancies and that only "female applicants" should apply?

Do you see the problem here? You see inequality and unfairness selectively, usually when women are set to gain and men are set to lose. The only minds that need to be changed on this issue is those of Radical Feminists who wish to poison the minds of the young with their rancid ideology.

Women must value themselves as equal and fight for that acceptance in the "world's mind".

Could it be that this fight for equality is based off a notion that exists only in the minds of Feminists? Seeing unfairness where there is no unfairness. Seeing inequality where there is no inequality. Preaching victim hood when victim hood is does not need to be preached.

[edit on 15/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Here's an experiment for you. Go into a night club and knock over some guy's beer glass on purpose. Do you reckon he would have second thoughts about physically assaulting you if he realised it was a women who knocked it over? I wonder why the average person might respond in the above manner? Maybe they have been conditioned...

How are women not equal? You have still failed to explain this. Women can own businesses, be managers and Chief officers in all fields of science and entertainment. They are too.

You have serious issues.

Of course humans have been conditioned by society & culture. Duh!

Again - equality on paper is not equality.

Women still have to fight for equal pay for equal work.

The percentage of women in government compared to the number of women in the USA. Since women outnumber men - - - they hardly have fair representation in government.

The ERA has never been ratified by the US Senate.

Women who want full equality must support all women who want full equality. Even women who choose to be stay at home moms (as I was) are doing it by Right of Choice. We appreciate the men who support us also.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

You have serious issues.

The percentage of women in government compared to the number of women in the USA. Since women outnumber men - - - they hardly have fair representation in government.

Women who want full equality must support all women who want full equality. Even women who choose to be stay at home moms (as I was) are doing it by Right of Choice. We appreciate the men who support us also.

Everyone has issues. But there is no need to point this out just because you are losing a debate from an intellectual, rational and logical capacity. Western culture has been conditioned to respect and go easier on women than on men in most situations.

Could the reason for such a small percentage of women being involved in US politics be due to the fact that the number of women with the required political attributes is very low? Also your argument that there are more women, thus there should be more women politicians is flawed.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Glad you brought up this taboo subject.

Whether you believe in equality of the sexes or not, the fact is that the media and US society have engaged in male bashing, double standards, and given women a status of unaccountability so they can get away with anything.

Sitcoms and movies always make men out to be dumb and immature, and women to be sane and rational and women are always right when they are arguing with a man. That's political correctness. But usually the truth is the opposite. Men are more predictable and linear and women are not.

There are tons of double standards against men too. Don't tell me you don't know any?!

Women are unaccountable. You are not allowed to judge them. They don't need social skills. They sit in the judge's chair.

Any time you publicly compare men and women, there is an unspoken rule that you MUST draw conclusions that put women on top, and shown in a better light. We all know that.

Feminism also destroys relationships. If a woman acts tough and doesn't need a man, it makes her less attractive too. The male/female energy is thrown out of whack.

Question: Where are the feminists when hostages are released and it's always women and children first? Or when the Titanic is going down and women and children get to get off first? Why do feminists never protest such things?

See these great essays exposing the destructiveness and unnaturalness of feminism with many examples:

US Feminism = female dominance, male bashing, double standards
www.happierabroad.com...

Feminism - The Destruction of Feminine Energy and Harmonious Relationships
www.happierabroad.com...

See this poster:

Perhaps Cato the Censor said it best more then TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO...

"If you allow them [women] to pull away restraints and put themselves on an equality with their husbands, do you imagine that you will be able to tolerate them? From the moment that they become your fellows, they will become your masters." - Cato the Censor, Roman Empire

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Everyone has issues. But there is no need to point this out just because you are losing a debate from an intellectual, rational and logical capacity. Western culture has been conditioned to respect and go easier on women than on men in most situations.

Could the reason for such a small percentage of women being involved in US politics be due to the fact that the number of women with the required political attributes is very low? Also your argument that there are more women, thus there should be more women politicians is flawed.

Losing the debate????? Arrogant male EGO much?

Being female and 64+ - - - I experienced pre-Feminism. If I compared it to the difficulties women in the middle East are going through today - - most would think I'm crazy. But truth is - - its not that far off.

Its kind of - "if you didn't live it - you can only guess". The average woman prior to brave Feminists forcing the issue of equality - - had little to no protection from all kinds of abuses.

Employed women were really at the mercy and whim of the employer. Sexual harassment was a constant everyday endurance.

You can spout off all you want. I actually lived it.

Its equivalent to you debating a soldier who fought in Iraq - - when all you did was watch TV and wave your flag on your back porch.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Check out this interview explaining why there is no "battle of the sexes" in France. I wish we were like them. We could learn a lot from them. They have a more natural symbiotic relationship between men and women.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I believe feminism, for the most part, is a good thing (I consider myself a "moderate feminist", or perhaps humanist). However, I also believe it has probably gone too far in regards to its goal of equality. Originally, the movement was about giving women more options to life than solely being a wife and mother and nothing more and giving them the right to vote (which, sadly, we did not get here until 1920). I do think women should be allowed to have a job (not forced) if she so pleases. Then again, if she wants to stay at home, that's fine, too. It is supposed to be a choice, not a societal mandate. The way I see it, you should be treated with respect regardless of your gender instead of the "You can't do X, you're a woman. That's a man's work!" crap. While it has done us much good, it has also had its drawbacks: For example, I know a woman on another forum I am on made a post about how when she said she wanted to be "a mommy" when she grew up (she said this as a kid), she got from what I understand a look of disgust from her teacher (who I believe was a woman, although I can no longer find the post, unfortunately). In all honesty, that upset me, because I don't think anyone should be seen as "less", or something like that, because of their life choices.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

You have serious issues.

Don't bother. Feminism is nothing but a female supremacist hate movement. There is no point in arguing with bigots so just ignore them until it is time for their trial.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Losing the debate????? Arrogant male EGO much?

Being female and 64+ - - - I experienced pre-Feminism. If I compared it to the difficulties women in the middle East are going through today - - most would think I'm crazy. But truth is - - its not that far off.

Its kind of - "if you didn't live it - you can only guess". The average woman prior to brave Feminists forcing the issue of equality - - had little to no protection from all kinds of abuses.

Employed women were really at the mercy and whim of the employer. Sexual harassment was a constant everyday endurance.

You can spout off all you want. I actually lived it.

Its equivalent to you debating a soldier who fought in Iraq - - when all you did was watch TV and wave your flag on your back porch.

And does that give feminist's the right to take it out on young men today? I don't care, in my short life it is overwhelmingly obvious that feminism is nothing more then a hate movement.

feministhate.tripod.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
some people, really, really, need to do some research into how life was!!!

I keep saying this over and over again...seems no one wants to listen!!!

women were working in the 50's, in the 40's in the 30's and on back...
ya, before industrialization occured, they could work within their homes and make their money, but they did work to earn money!!!

and the further back you go, the more children you will find working also!

but, this idea that if we can all just go back to the 50's when the moms were home and the dads going to work every day and bringing home enough money to keep the family going is a delusion that really never existed for many, many women!!
they were working, the only difference between then and now is in the 30's the 40's and the 50's they were working for much less than their male counterparts, and the workplace was much more dangerous for both the male and the female workers!!

by the way, the blacks were also working for considerably less also...
by the way, the blacks were also denied many legal rights as were women!!
and...by the way....the first feminists decided to put their energy into freeing those blacks and delivering them the right to vote before they obtained those rights themselves!!!

I've been a stay at home mom, and I've been a working mom.....
ya, it was nice to be able to be home for the kids....but it was also nice to be able to feed those kids and buy them decent clothing once in awhile!!!

and no one on this planet, no society, no religious belief, no gov't entity has the right to hinder a women's ability to provide whatever is necessary for her children!!

and no sane women wants to have 6, 7, 8, 10 children to raise throughout her lifetime, so that is why most of us women like our birth control!!!

although, I got to admit, if more women had that many children to take care of, there would be less women in the workforce!!! unfortunately, there would be many, many more hungry children dressed in rags......

got to ask, what is truly motivating all these anti-feminist propaganda out there???

is it that they want the job market opened up so that the males are more likely to find jobs....ya know it was once kind of common, at least in areas of the south, that employers would hire any male unemployed person before they would hire the best qualified women in the area!!!
or is it that you are noticing that the women aren't having that many babies anymore and it is causing some unfortunate side effects....more immigration needed, a little bit of economic chaos, ect....
or is it just that men are discovering that they are less likely to find themselves in a position of being the king of their castle???

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

Everyone seems to only care about women's breast cancer. They want us men to die apparently. All of these pink ribbons make me sick! I will donate to no cause who will not donate back to a cause for the health of men! Prostate cancer far outweighs breast cancer along with a few other cancers. You don't see them trying to help us out. Where is the blue ribbon you hypocrites. I don't pity you! If you`re a man...look around and open your eyes...dont spare one dime...what are they doing for us

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Wow. This thread reminds me of the posts you'd expect to read on GLP.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I agree. The past couple of generations have ruined men. Everywhere you turn men are maligned as worthless, useless, idiots and just plain not needed, even for procreation. Every sitcom you see makes fun of men, who are portrayed as stupid, single minded beasts and shows women as the strong and intellegent ones who have to put up with men.

And what makes it really bad is that men of past generations stood by and let it happen. Shame on us for being such pussies.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have had my own gripes with the feminist movement, but sometimes I think that we do not all have the same idea on what the term even refers to, and the principles and ideas associated with it.

Like in the OP, I read that it is because of the feminist movement that men found themselves with the pressure to work and sustain a family? Or be chained to responsibility if they get a woman pregnant??

See, for me, all that was already the case in the 50's, in fact it was even worse- men had to marry the woman they impregnate (abortion, her raising the child single, was not an acceptable option before the feminist movement) and since she was expected to stay at home, he had to bring home the bacon alone.

If anything, the feminist movement lightened up the load of responsibility for men in that area. IMO.

My particular complaints were born from my own experiences with a feminist mother, which I found almost fanatic and extremely hypocritical.

I was told whatever I do, do NOT be a housewife or stay at home mother- for that is slavery.
This ended up making me feel ashamed of all my nurturing and nesting instincts and drives, which frankly I consider to be my feminine side!

But I was encouraged to be aggressive and competative in the business world, ruthless and rational, which I experience as my masculine side.

The feminists, from my experience, hated femininity, and were largely obsessed with the superioroity of masculinity. They made the homemaker out to be a dumb slave, instead of the emotional guide, healer, manager of those in her entourage and creator of the future culture.

While mom was trying until her dying day to impress her father and husband, as if they were her Gods. I was pressured to take only sports that would teach me masculine traits, like Boxing and Motocross, not allowed to take "girly" ballet lessons... I ended up feeling like a repressed female, because of the feminist movement.

But then some people I talk to did not experience feminism to be about that stuff at all and disagree.
Perhaps it is misleadign to assume we each know what the other means.

But I have read some sociologists say that at that time (60's and 70's) the paternalization value peaked, and we have to expect now a strong swing of the pendalum to the other side- to extreme maternalization.

That may be happening, I see evidence of the possibility often. But I do not think it is born of the feminist movement- like I said, I think that was the peak of the cultures value for paternalization and the masculine qualities.

Simone DeBeauvoir made me sick, in "The Second Sex" which really illustrated to the max that period of rejection of femininity and "other", and hypocrisy! as she felt she was defending women, all I see is trashing them and her own femininity!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join