It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Rituals of the O.T.O

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3c47068c775.jpg[/atsimg]

I found a book out there on the net, and it is about the Secret Masonic Order of the OTO, known as either: The Ancient Order of Oriental Templars; Ordo Templi Orientis; and The Hermetic Brotherhood of Light.

It contains rituals that the disciplines of the first and sixth degrees go through.

‘While numberless societies, associations, orders, groups, etc., have been founded during the last thirty years in all parts of the civilized world, all following some line of occult study, yet there is but ONE ancient organization of genuine Mystics which shows to the seeker after truth a Royal Road to discover the Lost Mysteries of Antiquity and to the Unveiling of the One Hermetic Truth.'

Throughout the book there seem to be confusing contradictions- are they worshipping a God, Or the Man, or a Goat, or all three?

There are some really nifty rituals only the VERY bored could dream up in this book.

Best of all these people are in the halls of power! Yay!

Link one: (hotfile)

hotfile.com...

Link two: (filer.cx)

www.filer.cx...

Link three (rapidshare) can be downloaded 10 times only

rapidshare.com...

[edit on 30-5-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Who exactly in the "halls of power" is currently an O.T.O. member? Just curious.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Seeing as the OTO is a large Masonic group I'd bet they have some rather influential members- as to who they are- who knows...

Does anyone?

It's not as if they do press releases as to who their members are.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Seeing as the OTO is a large Masonic group I'd bet they have some rather influential members- as to who they are- who knows...
Actually, the OTO was first established with degrees based on Masonic work, but regular Masonic bodies do not recognize it as having anything to do with them and as far as I know there rituals have changed substantially since they were first founded 100+ years ago. (There have been numerous splinter groups each claiming to be the "real" O.T.O., but they're pretty much in competition with each other...)

Funny, because Masons do.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Hi Star

Here's what I found (so far)...

Here’s a link on Francis King - It lists a number of similar type books, but not the one you listed.
Very interesting.

Link to page listing books by Francis King aka Frank Cauldwell

I was just watching (last night) a video about the similarities between Free Masons and Mormonism.
Old video with a strange name.
I'll see if I can find it for you.

Be back in a few with more info...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13
That's odd! thanks for doing that extra digging for me, indeed unusual that this book is not listed among that list.

I can only imagine the books out there that are kept from public realm.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Funny, because Masons do.

The average Mason has nothing to hide but some of these groups are pretty secret, and the OTO and its branches are no different.

These groups and their rituals are so strange and some aspects may be so illegal that they won't dare expose their practices to potential ridicule or investigation.

We know Masons who helped donate time or money to the local hospital but we can't ID any of the Masons (If they are so) who starred in the Bohemian Grove Video, for example.

Edit to add pretty surprised to see so many Masons in the Canadian Parliament.

I guess I should be relieved that the Masons in Canada and the US were not so hand-in-hand otherwise we Canucks would be in a bigger load of trouble.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
O.T.O. was transformed by Aleister Crowley from ordinary masonic lodge to the one that accept "The Book of the Law". Do your homework or use Google.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by clock1
You say it like it doesn't matter

What's different from a secret society than one transformed by Aleister Crowley?

From wiki: Aleister Crowley, born Edward Alexander Crowley (pronounced /ˈkroʊli/), (12 October 1875 – 1 December 1947), was an English occultist, writer, mountaineer, poet, spy and yogi.[1]

He was an influential member of several occult organizations, including the Golden Dawn, the A∴A∴, and Ordo Templi Orientis (O.T.O.),[2] and is best known today for his occult writings, especially The Book of the Law, the central sacred text of Thelema.

He gained much notoriety during his lifetime, and was dubbed "The Wickedest Man In the World."[3]

Crowley was also a chess player, painter, astrologer, hedonist, bisexual, drug experimenter, and social critic.

Crowley was one of three who founded the OTO.

It's a secret society that has no benefit to mankind, like all these secret societies out there.

I'm not talking about treehouse type groups where no impact to the machinations of society takes place. There's a list provided above that IDs Masons and I was shocked.

I mean is it a really good idea for certain groups with certain interests have a monopoly on society?

Nobody is a member of the Rocks or the Bulls, because there isn't a powerful secret society called the Rocks or the Bulls. There are only Masons.

It doesn't matter who transforms or leads the Masons. They are still Masons and some Masons come together to make secret deals that impact humanity to their profit or benefit.

You play a computer game, or any game. Wouldn't you do almost anything to win the game or increase your Monopoly money and make your fellow players pay rent to you when they land on your space.

How is that dark primeval human nature that even I have different in the real world than what exhibits itself in a game?

edited to add new facts

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'm interested in this,
and will look more into it,but why oh' why do we
get these "do your research" "do your homework" "Google it" posts
all the time,mostly from people who actually offer nothing concrete.
This is an information sharing forum isn't it,nobody knows everything,
but they might just know something, and a little more info
might go a long way.
Just to add for Star,the book front seems to say King was the editor
and introduced by him,and not the writer.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by smurfy]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The average Mason has nothing to hide but some of these groups are pretty secret, and the OTO and its branches are no different.
Different to the extent that Masons aren't necessarily OTO and OTO members aren't necessarily Masons. There are probably a small handful of people in both groups, but I really don't see that much overlap in interests today.

We know Masons who helped donate time or money to the local hospital but we can't ID any of the Masons (If they are so) who starred in the Bohemian Grove Video, for example.
I'd wager that the number of members of the Bohemian Grove who are actually Masons is very small. Certainly the Grovers have no control over Masonry and vice versa. There actually aren't as many Masons in positions of power today as there were 40 or 60 years ago. Skull and Bones? Sure. Bohemian Grove? CFR? Bilderbergs? Yeah. But not Masons.

[edit on 5/30/2009 by JoshNorton]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

The best richest source on all things OTO-esque that I know of is Peter Koenig's material.
For example, here is a lecture on OTO ritual sperm-eating (but click all through the other linked pages on his site):
Ordo Templi Orientis Spermo-Gnosis

Koenig has so much stuff it can be difficult to assimilate if you are brand new on the topic, plus he assumes a certain familiarity with the material on the reader's part...but those are good drawbacks, as drawbacks go...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Thanks for the reply Nine eye,
I was already having a look at the Wiki info and it doesn't get any better!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I found a book out there on the net, and it is about the Secret Masonic Order of the OTO,

No. The OTO has little in common with Freemasonry.

Throughout the book there seem to be confusing contradictions- are they worshipping a God, Or the Man, or a Goat, or all three?

OTO folks dont worship anything. Thats one of their main doctrines.

There is not a single OTO member who has any substantial worldly power.

Time to study up.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I found a book out there on the net, and it is about the Secret Masonic Order of the OTO,

No. The OTO has little in common with Freemasonry.

OTO folks dont worship anything. Thats one of their main doctrines.

There is not a single OTO member who has any substantial worldly power.

Time to study up.

One, I didn't say Freemason. I said Masonic meaning they are Masonic in nature, they follow certain elements.

Two, how can you say they don't worship anything? Did you bother to read their rituals? Here are some snippets:

M.W.S.: Glory unto Thee, Begetter, Transmitter, Transmuter! (Sign of Adoration.)

M.W.S.: Sir Knight (Noble Dame) You have found Him who is indeed the Word. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. I am Alpha and Omega the Beginning and the End which is and was and is to come.

There are LOTS MORE.

There are no members in influential power?

How do you know that?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Be careful with the files you post as the Caliph-OTO isn't afraid to utilize the only power it has, it's lawyers. I once had an eBay auction for a Crowley book pulled when Breeze complained that the OTO holds all copyrights to Crowley's writings & rights of distribution. It then followed with a personal e-mail from him asking if I was a member, how did I get the book, etc. Contrary to the years of past, the modern incarnation of the OTO is nothing more then a dues producing enterprise which has fancy names for it's corporate officers. Some lodges are well run & offer some great lectures & rituals, however, the heads have different ideals.

If you want to know of the history of the group (with a focus more so on it's beliefs & Crowley's influences) read Kenneth Grant's early works (Magical Revival, Crowley & the Hidden God, Cult of Shadows). While the Caliph-OTO system is still valid & can provide benefit to some, it lacks what it once had. It's difficult to advance without paying your way through.

[edit on 5/30/2009 by thomasblackraven]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

There are no members in influential power?

How do you know that?
The burden of proof is on you to show that there ARE. It would be impossible to 1: Make a list of EVERY person in a position of power; 2: Make a list of EVERY OTO member from every splinter cell; 3: Compare those two lists to prove a negative. Far simpler for you to name one, what position of power he holds locally or nationally, in business, government or religion, and that he is a member of a specific OTO group.

We'll wait for you to come back with that result.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton
I don't know why you're insisting I name members of certain OTO branches which is impossible, like I said specific clubs whose members practice sex magick don't publish any names.

I mean come on. This is not Aunt Betty's rotary club lol.

All I did was practice disclosure by providing wider access to this tome.

Don't like this show, change the channel.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I don't know why you're insisting I name members of certain OTO branches which is impossible, like I said specific clubs whose members practice sex magick don't publish any names.
But you're the one who keeps insisting that there are members in positions of power, yet has no proof that that's remotely true. Even if you can't name names, can you at least give us a logical, plausible reason why one might assume that either 1: a member of the OTO would seek a position of power, or 2: a person in a position of power would want to join the OTO? I mean, I'll let you off for not actually having any evidence to back up your absurd claims, but can you at least present a workable theory that's thought out a bit more rather than a claim with no substance?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
There is a blog Talk Radio show called Masonic Central in which it is a show for Freemasons by Freemasons and its on every Sunday night. One night they had an O.T.O. member on discussing the order and the relation to Masonry and what not. Here is a link to the podcast if you tend on listening to it. Lots of good stuff. I highly recommend it.

Masonic Central Radio Discussion with O.T.O member

I think the show is an hour, but its well worth it to listen to it. The O.T.O sounds very interesting and its funny to see the correlation of Freemasonry and also how it is different as well.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join