It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birth certificate issue No. 1 at Fox News

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

yeah, he who laughs last is slow to get the joke.... close ur mouth flies will get in...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

last i heard he was our president and u all owe him a salute and a pledge of honor and to defend his life. I did not like our former president but would have taken a bullet for him, HE WAS ELECTED, I'm sorry ur guy lost or gal but move on people look for elves or aliens not birth certificates

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lt lou360

This is just a way for the extreme right to take away our freedoms. Ensuring that it's guilty till proven innocent.

Don't be fooled, they don't care about the BC, they just want to corrupt the bill of rights and rid this country of the constitution once and for all.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
There's nothing to this story other than sour grapes from the people he trounced last November. Even the Republicans in Washington think this 'conspiracy' is crazy. Move along.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I see that this Fascist Ideology is catching on, I guess the government likes power and control.

MAKE HIM SHOW IT! That's the mantra being spewed in this thread isn't it?

Many of you have associated providing proof of eligibility with a trip to the DMV. I have showed you the flawed logic in that theory.

But your logic that states that this man has no right to the protections provided by the constitution along with the failed theory that for some reason every man woman and child in this country should be privy to this mans personal information is beyond appauling It's fasciest.

But as I have said, it is catching on, thank you right wingers, thanks to you we have this...

Supreme Court Rules Police Can Question Suspects Without Lawyers

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court ruled on Tuesday that police, under certain circumstances, can initiate an interrogation of a suspect without the defendant's lawyer being present.

By a 5-4 vote, the conservative majority overruled a 23-year-old Supreme Court decision that barred the police from initiating questioning after a defendant asserted the right to an attorney at an arraignment or similar proceeding.

The 1986 decision held that once a defendant invoked the right to counsel, only the suspect, and not the police, can initiate the contact.

(Bold added for emphasis.)

There you go Right Wingers. Thats what your asking for when you demand this man give up his constitutional rights. If they can do it to the President of the United States, what stops them from doing it to you?

This man has provided satisfactory proof to the electoral college, and to the Legislative branch.

Think it's unrelated? I dare say think again, people of this country.

The people here that want to deny Obama the protections the Constitution of the United States provides also want to remove it from each and every citizen of this country. This is what they are saying when they demand that Obama show the long form birth certificate.

I know where this leads people. It's not a pretty culture. This is a dangerous slope of tyranny and oppression you are demanding on the American people.

Does it stop there? What happens when fear, along with intolerance get to intermingle in a society? You get xenophobia, you get enhanced security laws without end, you inevitably get oppression, you eventually get:

"Rumors are treason punishable by summary execution, please report all rumors immediately. Thank you for your cooperation."

A little warning to all you Freemasons looking in on this thread...

"Membership in a secret society, including suspected membership in a secret society is treason punishable by summary execution, please report membership in secret societies immediately. Thank you for your cooperation.

The above is just an example, replace secret societies with the feared organization of the day and you get the same thing.

The proponents of this thread have failed, they have failed because their logic is flawed. They have failed because their fear has gotten the better of them. They have failed because they have been brainwashed by their own media of choice to see a slanted reality, one with an agenda that I assure you does not have the core conservative principals at heart.

How many of you would agree with the following statement...

I want the government to deliver my mail and stay the hell out of my life.

Of those that agree to the above statement, how many of you agree to the following statement...

Do unto others as you would have them to do unto you.

Are these not altruism's?

By demanding that Obama disclose his long form birth certificate for public view. (of which no president in the history of this country has had to do) you violate the above phrases. You therefore would logically agree with the exact opposite of what is written above.

Again would any of you post you Birth Certificate Long Form on this thread? If not why? You expect the President to. But if you don't wish to have your own personal information available for public view, how can you expect the elected leader of our country not to have the same freedom?

This is a conspiracy people, this is propaganda and manipulation. They use the system to get what they want. They can't just throw away our constitution without our consent. So what do they do? The breed a fear into the populace in order to get that population to willingly give up that right.

This right here is a prime example. They want you to fear Obama they want you to be distracted from what is really going on, they want you to be dumb and protest a fabricated lie.

I ask you why isn't the number one fox news issue the stimulus money?

After all, Fox news is supposed to pander to the Right wing aren't they? Why isn't Fox news reporting where all of that ill gotten stimulus money is going, why aren't they reporting where every dime is being spent and by whom on what?

That sounds like more of what the conservative party of the GOP should be concerned about. Fiscal responsibility. Where your hard earned tax money is going.

But instead we have the DMV license for presidency issue here.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

wow! all that just because we wanted to know if the candidate barack obama met the constitutional eligibility requirements to be president!

to balance out this blatant attempt to strip obama of his right to keep secret whether or not he was eligible to run for president, we have this from georgia:

In a letter from the U.S. Justice Department’s Loretta King to Thurbert Baker, Georgia’s attorney general, King an assistant attorney general in the Civil Rights Division, declared the state’s method of verifying citizenship for voting was flawed and ordered the state to cease its citizen verification program. Secretary of State Karen Handel, in a press release, called the DOJ’s decision. “A shocking disregard for the integrity of our elections.”

newspaper

rather than risk alienating anybody, it will not be necessary to confirm citizenship to be allowed to vote in georgia. so all is not lost. people's rights are still in place.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

wow, so your closed minded? you don't think this could be real at all.

I am open minded I don't agree nore disagree with these conspiracies..

These conspiracies have creditable questions. why wouldn't he give out the long offical version.

I know his a member of his family tree and he is a celeb in Denmark.

They are arab and he moved from soudi to denmark.

So people saying obama is muslim or he is not born in the U.S have some creditable questions to ask.

They maybe right or not but don't these questions deserve an answer.

I had to reply to this comment cause it seem your too close minded.

but I do agree it's pointless only if regular people read these. If someone in congress like ron paul or someone in the gov that has the power to ask these questions in our gov and do some legal way to force obama to give answers then this won't be pointless. However it currently is cause the questions are not getting answers so it's pointless to keep going on about it.

So these are not crazy conspiracies it has some basis to it.

We ask a question and what do we get? a doge the question moment.

Our government should of checked for the birth certificates and other data in order for these candidates to run for presidency.

So just wanted to say that obama should release the full thing else this will keep going.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
BORN IN THE USA?
Obama: Where have all his records gone?
Footprints of president's own history either vanish or remain covered up

www.wnd.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This is exactly how I feel about this whole debacle:

"Obama is not my president. I do not wish him well. I will laugh at his mistakes and cheer his stumbles. I want the GOP to block, hinder and slam him at every turn. I want him driven from office four years from now a broken man with his administration in ruins. In short, I want Obama given the same respect and deference that Democrats have given George Bush since November of 2000." CHRISTOPHER DIGRAZIA

Turn about is more than fair play with this group!!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Would any of you willingly post all of your personal information online for everyone to view just because a small group questioned your citizenship?

Do any of you have the right to demand personal papers or effects from a citizen of this country without due process?

Does Obama have to furnish you with his personal papers without due process?

If the POTUS has to furnish his personal papers without due process, what does that mean for every citizen of the United States fourth amendment rights?

If the Constitution of the United States does not require this specific piece of paper from the POTUS to prove his eligibility for the office, why do you expect this piece of paper?

[edit on 6/10/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Let me put my feelings this way... When my wife and I went through the immigration process when she and I got married, both she and I had to present our long form birth certificate to the Department of Homeland Security for verification that I was a US Citizen. They would not take my short form birth certificate from Illinois, my social security card, state ID, or state Drivers license as verification, ONLY MY LONG FORM BIRTH CERTIFICATE?

So how is it that when confirming someones eligibility to be POTUS, they accept a short form, when it's not legal and binding during a Department of Homeland Security Immigration hearing? I would think if anything, they'd go through MORE details to determine eligibility.

It concerns me and I'm kind of upset at the double standard...

~Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Show us a real birth certificate Obama. And it ends.

Who is this guy, and why is his past such a guarded secret?

Even his college days are off limits.

I think Obama is a fraud.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I don't think obama is being asked to provide personal papers to the general public that would compromise his safety. when a person applies for a job, there are often eligibility requirements. a certain amount of education, maybe certification or licensing. being asked to provide proof of those things is not an invasion of privacy for the average job applicant any more than it would have been for obama to do during the campaign. It's not unreasonable to expect to know such things before hiring someone--or voting for him.

whatukno, i understand that you are sharpening your debating skills. trying to see how much reason you can shoot down by simple denial. it's surprisingly hard to discuss any issue when one side sticks to one issue and refuses to acknowledge there is more to the situation. in this case you are pretending the issue is due process, that the obama's rights are being violated if he has to produce a particular document unless he is served with a subpoena that he respects. (he has been served with many on this subject). the situation only came about because he did not respect the commonly accepted practice of producing documents the voters were interested in to prove he was the best candidate (and it's not really the birth certificate itself so much as proving he is a "natural born citizen"), and the press didn't investigate the way they usually do. so he got away with it. got elected without proving his credentials.

he got in using your argument: i don't have to produce anything and you can't make me. so now we're pretty much screwed. i wonder if he will do what that italian guy did and grant himself immunity.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

I don't think obama is being asked to provide personal papers to the general public that would compromise his safety.

Yet, go through this thread and see how many people have said the equivalent of "show us the long form birth certificate."

I have to wonder what the real motives are behind this witch trial.

when a person applies for a job, there are often eligibility requirements. a certain amount of education, maybe certification or licensing.

The office of POTUS has eligibility requirements. These are plainly spelled out in the constitution. Education and licensing are not requirements for this position. The only three requirements for the job of POTUS are to be a natural born citizen, and to be 35 years of age and have lived in the US for the last 14 years.

being asked to provide proof of those things is not an invasion of privacy for the average job applicant any more than it would have been for obama to do during the campaign. It's not unreasonable to expect to know such things before hiring someone--or voting for him.

But there are proper people that he would have had to prove it to. Not every single man woman and child in the United States and around the world. When he decided to run for the office, I am sure that these requirements plus many more would have had to have been satisfied in order for him to even become a candidate.

whatukno, i understand that you are sharpening your debating skills. trying to see how much reason you can shoot down by simple denial.

It's not simple denial, what I was attempting to do is show that this particular form of identification was not requisite in order for him to prove his eligibility. Fact of the matter is the COLB would have been proof enough to establish his eligibility. I am sorry that it's not good enough for a few malcontents, but the fact remains that not a single one of you in this thread has shown conclusive proof that the long form birth certificate is the only form legally required in order to prove someones eligibility for the office.

Some have cited that the DMV reqires this form in order to prove identity to get a drivers license, however, the office of POTUS does not require the same.

it's surprisingly hard to discuss any issue when one side sticks to one issue and refuses to acknowledge there is more to the situation. in this case you are pretending the issue is due process, that the obama's rights are being violated if he has to produce a particular document unless he is served with a subpoena that he respects. (he has been served with many on this subject).

The issue is due process under the law. Yes there have been many complaints filed in courts over this issue, but each and every one have been rejected by the courts. The courts have cited no legal standing. The reasons are that no president in the history of this country has had to provide this document publicly in order to prove eligibility for the office. No constitutional requirement proves validity to litigants complaints that the long form birth certificate is the only document legally required to hold the office of the President.

Obama has provided a legal copy of his COLB, a copy that was verified by the state of Hawaii to be valid and correct. He has even provided this document publicly for all to view.

I suspect that this issue won't go away, I suspect that people will continue for the next 4 years to waste the courts time by trying in vain to obtain publicly a document that is not constitutionally required to prove eligibility.

Court rejects Obama citizenship lawsuit

The Supreme Court has turned down another challenge to Barack Obama's eligibility to serve as president because of his citizenship.

The appeal by Cort Wrotnowski of Greenwich, Conn., was denied Monday without comment as the Electoral College formally elected Mr. Obama the nation's 44th president.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Leo Donofrio and Philip J. Berg, both have filed lawsuits that were rejected by the SCOTUS...

Obama’s Birth Certificate Challenger Keeps Going

You've got to hand it to Philip J. Berg: he doesn't give up easily. You might recall that Philadelphia attorney Berg tried, and failed, to halt the presidential election of Barack Obama on the grounds that he is not a native-born citizen. Game over, right? Wrong.

Berg filed a writ of certiorari to the U.S. Supreme Court in late October, asking that the highest court review the decision of the U.S. District Court in Pennsylvania. The latter court dismissed Berg's claims because he lacked standing to bring them. Standing requires plaintiffs to prove they are directly affected by the issue at hand, with evidence of injury that is concrete and particular. In its decision the district court said Berg "does not, and we believe cannot, establish injury in fact." It also dismissed his claims as frivolous.

Court wont review Obamas eligibility to serve

UPDATE: The Supreme Court has turned down an emergency appeal from a New Jersey man who says President-elect Barack Obama is ineligible to be president because he was a British subject at birth.

The court did not comment on its order Monday rejecting the call by Leo Donofrio of East Brunswick, N.J., to intervene in the presidential election. Donofrio says that since Obama had dual nationality at birth -- his mother was American and his Kenyan father at the time was a British subject -- he cannot possibly be a "natural born citizen," one of the requirements the Constitution lists for eligibility to be president.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

3 different people, 3 different rejections by the SCOTUS on the same exact matter.

But my word isn't good enough to provide adequate defense in this matter, not by a long shot, so I will yield to James Robertson who offered this opinion on the matter in question...

This case, if it were allowed to proceed, would deserve mention in one of those books that seek to prove that the law is foolish or that America has too many lawyers with not enough to do. Even in its relatively short life the case has excited the blogosphere and the conspiracy theorists. The right thing to do is to bring it to an early end.The plaintiff says that he is a retired Air Force colonel who continues to owe fealty to his Commander-in-Chief(because he might possibly be recalled to duty) and who is tortured by uncertainty as to whether he would have to obey orders from Barack Obama because it has not been proven -- to the colonel’s satisfaction -- that Mr. Obama is a native-born American citizen, qualified under the Constitution to be President. The issue of the President’s citizenship was raised,vetted, blogged, texted, twittered, and otherwise massaged by America’s vigilant citizenry during Mr. Obama’s two-year-campaign

www.scribd.com...

If you like, Judge R. Barclay Surrick has also provided his dismissal and opinion on this subject.

www.paed.uscourts.gov...

So, every single Cort Wrotnowski Leo Donofrio and Philip J. Bergs in the world can contest, appeal, and bring forth litigation on this matter, but I seriously doubt that the repeated rejections by the court is going to satisfy this ongoing and frivolous conspiracy theory.

Here are two links to Hawaiian newspapers announcing Obama's birth...

Source: whatreallyhappened.com...

and for further evaluation: The truth about Obama's birth certificate.

In summation:

No legal precedent, no legal standing, proof has been offered, examined, verified, Constitutional requirements have been satisfactorily met. Other than taking a time machine back to 1961 and being in the delivery room when Obama was born, I don't know what other proof to offer.

The man was born in Hawaii, he is a natural born U.S. Citizen, and as such having attained the requisite age, is completely eligible to hold the office of the president of the United States.

"Show us the Birth Certificate!"

Show me why he has to. The above men have gone through the proper legal channels in order to force the issue, each of them have been rejected. The reason is that it is obvious that Obama was born in Hawaii and therefore a natural born American with the constitutional right to run and be POTUS. Until actual proof arises that shows otherwise that the court will accept I see no reason why the POTUS should have to show the public anything other than what he already willingly has.

There is no constitutional requirement that specifically the long form birth certificate is the only proof positive documentation that a person has to show in order to be eligible for the office of POTUS. I have asked many times for anyone to show me where in the Constitution it states that this is the only form of identification that is acceptable in order to prove citizenship. As of this post, not one single person has shown me any concrete proof that this particular form is required.

As I said on page 1 of this thread, Probably the most pointless conspiracy going.

[edit on 6/11/2009 by whatukno]

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join