It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did NASA Destroy The Face On Mars??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

The demise of religion? lol. ok.
Otherwise, totally awesome. I never even knew that it looked different now. I wonder if in 50 years only conspiracy theorists will talk about some face on mars? It seems to me that trying to destroy it would kind of prove to all right now that it does indeed represent another race of intelligent beings.
snf.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by heyo]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Yeah if you look above the crowned face you can see to big round alien like eyes and the outline of the skull.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I know, except the difference is, thats not nature either, now is it? Even the Okanagan, whose geological formations are not quite as distinct. For example, McIntyre bluff, my favorite landmark I grew up with, looks like a profile that meets right at the profile, so two long bluffs in opposite directions. In Oliver it faces the opposite way as it does driving to Oliver. Then, a mountain that looks like a native woman, and a variety of things we've noted all our lives, that in no way look to me like they were carved by receding ice. These are slightly more subtle than those. Good markers though, for the allies to the those living underground, such as the Telosians and others, such as Sirians, and Pleiadians and such. Why I definitely link it to the Telosians is because of the Okanagan natives presence and their myths, for nothing here is by chance. When you see something like the picture you just showed you're looking at a marker for visitors.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by mystiq]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Well, the U.S. of A is not the only country with a Mars program. In ten years time they'd perhaps be half a dozen countries reaching for Mars. Now if that happens and a nice clear unadulterated non-airbrushed image of the face is taken, then that would blow the lid off the greatest kept secret - that ET civilizations are a reality.

It would be a double whammy for NASA. Get socked for hiding such info from the public for the past half a century, and get their butts kicked for using tax payers money to do it!
Cheers!

You know what? NASA will take all the efforts and go all lengths to make sure that such images dont come out into the public. Dont worry.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I dont know the more i see the Face of Mars the more I realise the fact its un reliable. Humans see faces in so many things its not even funny. I could come up with a hundred faces in the lines and smears on the pine wood wall behind my PC monitor.

What I find annoying is how little people talk about what really is spectacular on mars and its only a short photographic distance from the 'Face' to boot.

The pyramids are what im talking about, I mean a face is easy to find or imagine in a mess of shapes and you'll never be able to convince people of it simply on that one issue of people being predisposed to seeing faces, its just a human trait. But a clearly 5 sided, conical pyramid hundreds of meters high and in diameter (not sure about the size, but come to think of it its probably a hell of alot larger) is something you just cant mistake as being something other than what it appears to be. Could they be natural, possible but the chances are just to much for me to think so.

But the Pyramids are always 'forgotten'.. screw the face
its the Pyrimids people should really be talking about.

Hmm when I think about it, the shadows actually help the Pyramids case compared to where the shadows hinder the Faces.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Come on guys, he's ageing. We cant stay young forever, now.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The human mind is designed to recognize certain patterns that indicate a face. Our mind makes an error sometimes and will see a face in a non-face pattern. None of these Mars photos are even very face-like. In the one with a "crown" you can see the lay of the sediment layers in the ground coursing through the face area, and the different colored stripes. It's a wild extrapolation to claim this is the work of some beautiful race of Alien-Angels or whatever.

This looks more like a face than any of these Mars photos...

VS.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by spaznational]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J

If they wanted to cover it up, why release pictures in the first place?

Probably an accident. They perhaps didn't realize it was a face until it was too late! Once the cat was out of the bag, it had to be a cover-up operation from then onwards.

And why knock down one side to 'hide the truth' as that could only give fuel to the conspiracy theorists?...

This was unintentional. As I mentioned earlier, the aim was to destroy the whole 'structure'. But then getting a device to do this at the precise altitude and coordinates remotely from Earth more than 35 million miles away is a tough proposition!

And then destroying a feature that size isn't easy with the limited resources they could fit on board the craft.

Cheers!

[edit on 30-5-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Telos

Hi Telos! I've been trying to get my paws on The Dark Mission but have been unsuccessful so far. I wonder if it's available on eBay?

Cheers!

OMG I thought you've read it by now
Don't miss that book my friend. Is one of the best out there. Should be in the book stores (at least in Toronto one can find that book in Indigo or Chapters). Try also in Amazon.com I've seen there and with a bargain price.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J

If they wanted to cover it up, why release pictures in the first place?

Probably an accident. They perhaps didn't realize it was a face until it was too late! Once the cat was out of the bag, it had to be a cover-up operation from then onwards.

And why knock down one side to 'hide the truth' as that could only give fuel to the conspiracy theorists?...

This was unintentional. As I mentioned earlier, the aim was to destroy the whole 'structure'. But then getting a device to do this at the precise altitude and coordinates remotely from Earth more than 35 million miles away is a tough proposition!

And then destroying a feature that size isn't easy with the limited resources they could fit on board the craft.

Cheers!

Releasing the picture doesn’t appear to have been an accident.
from the link Kandinsky posted:

Caption of JPL Viking Press Release P-17384

NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION
VIKING NEWS CENTER
PASADENA, CALIFORNIA
(213) 354-6000
Viking 1-61
P-17384 (35A72)
PHOTO CAPTION July 31, 1976

This picture is one of many taken in the northern latitudes of Mars by
the Viking 1 Orbiter in search of a landing site for Viking 2.

The picture shows eroded mesa-like landforms. The huge rock formation
in the center, which resembles a human head, is formed by shadows
giving the illusion of eyes, nose and mouth. The feature is 1.5
kilometers (one mile) across, with the sun angle at approximately
20 degrees. The speckled appearance of the image is due to bit errors,
emphasized by enlargement of the photo. The picture was taken on July
25 from a range of 1873 kilometers (1162 miles). Viking 2 will arrive
in Mars orbit next Saturday (August 7) with a landing scheduled for
early September.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnowerOfSecrets

This is one of the most ridiculous conspiracies i have yet to hear here on ATS. to destroy and collapse a MOUNTAIN

That's why this is in the 'Skunk Works' forum. I thought I mentioned this also in the first few lines of the opening post?

.....the distance between earth and mars....they would need a asteroid or small nuke, the huge scope of that operation is just dumb.

Sorry, it does NOT require huge paraphernalia or a huge operation for exploding a suitcase nuke aboard a craft by remote control.

also...it appears that the land has SLID,,,NOT EVEN CLOSE to being a meteor,,,nuke or anything destructive...

That's exactly what would happen by an air burst of a small sub kiloton nuclear device resulting in a land slip due to the pressure wave!

Who ever mentioned 'meteor'? The effects of a meteor hit and a nuke air burst are totally different.

yawn..waste of time.....

Good night!

Cheers!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
reply to post by Pauligirl

I know, except the difference is, thats not nature either, now is it? Even the Okanagan, whose geological formations are not quite as distinct. For example, McIntyre bluff, my favorite landmark I grew up with, looks like a profile that meets right at the profile, so two long bluffs in opposite directions. In Oliver it faces the opposite way as it does driving to Oliver. Then, a mountain that looks like a native woman, and a variety of things we've noted all our lives, that in no way look to me like they were carved by receding ice. These are slightly more subtle than those. Good markers though, for the allies to the those living underground, such as the Telosians and others, such as Sirians, and Pleiadians and such. Why I definitely link it to the Telosians is because of the Okanagan natives presence and their myths, for nothing here is by chance. When you see something like the picture you just showed you're looking at a marker for visitors.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by mystiq]

Yeah, I do believe it is nature. I've never seen anything to make me think otherwise. And why would "visitors" need markers? I think Spaznational nailed it.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I know that it would be magical thinking to even imagine that nature could create such a thing. We don't live in that magical world. Though NASA and others like to suggest such things hoping we can't think straight.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

That's exactly what would happen by an air burst of a small sub kiloton nuclear device resulting in a land slip due to the pressure wave!

your idea would work except... the "air" on mars is very rarefied...

Mars's mean surface pressure equals the pressure found 35 km above the Earth's surface. This is less than 1% of the surface pressure on Earth.

as such an atmospheric atomic burst would be almost like a burp
you need a direct impact to make a dent.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
What if NASA has tried to use the "Nuke" and the shockwave of it, to loosen up the atmospheric dust and sedement that has been cultivating on top of the face for all this time..

And if NASA, all this time was inconspicuously excavating all that sedement away to reveal the real face underneath, like there is some sort of structure to be revealed...

As for example...the Sphinx in egypt was covered up for all those years and when it all came out in the wash there was a " Hall Of Records" underneath it...just imagine what could be under something like that whole cydonia plot of land....

IMO~ I think that the original VIKING photo was taken at a much different time of day where the light angles and position of the sun in the sky were able to reveal a concievble actual face than in the later photo's from the MARS EXPRESS showed us..

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Interesting theory, It's kind of frightening when you think about it, would Nasa really go through the trouble to blow up or destroy an alien structure? I'd say yes because of all the photographs they edit to hide any evidence of UFOs, still it makes one wonder how exactly they'd go about this task.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

That's the reason why it all got screwed up?
Keeping atmospheric density in mind, a similar air burst on Earth would have been at a much higher altitude. In other words a high altitude burst. The air burst on Mars having the same yield would have been at a much lower altitude depending also upon the temperature at the given time (27C to -133C).

Cheers!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Well NASA did go out of it's way to destroy martian fossils so yer I wouldn't put it past them to blow the face to bits! Now a general in charge of NASA I suspect lid on info will be shut even harder to stop any leaks.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I've followed the "face on mars" from the beginning. This is a goofy
conspiracy theory, but hey things are slow in conspiracy world. I do have an answer to a flying saucer mystery. It came from the kitchen.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatnose
I do have an answer to a flying saucer mystery. It came from the kitchen.

Hmmmm...Mine came from my wife. She keeps throwing them at me all the time!! Jeeez!

Cheers!

[edit on 31-5-2009 by mikesingh]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join