It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did NASA Destroy The Face On Mars??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

I had to look at that pic for about 15 seconds before i saw the *face*...please remember that the brain works in patterns and ratio's of certain things tend to make the brain think there is a face when its simply erosion and shadows.Im reminded of the supposed devil face in the WTC smoke...it looks like an evil face,but its smoke.Of course i could be wrong and it is a sculpture/sphinx/face.Imo i think Mars is a barren wasteland that may have supported small microbial life in its past,all the civilization talk is nonsense and i have never been shown anything to the contrary.All mikes pictures he has brought up have never shown anything that even remotley comes close to showing remnants of a civilization or signs of intelligence.That goes for all the moon photo's aswell.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

I agree, I will add that if the other more modern pics had a sun angle similar to the viking picture, the face would be visible, all the features are there if one cares to look.

The eye depression, the nostril depression,the lip dip, the right side and the crack would be in the shadows with a low sun, thus the crack not seen in the original. The sun is too perpendicular in the newer photos to emphasize the depressions.

The only major difference is a top left low sun angle, that is the real major difference.

Now, just suppose the face is supposed to be visible only at certain times, like some sort of a sun clock?

eh, eh!?

[edit on 30-5-2009 by Toadmund]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The face is rendered by Nasa, just watch this Press Conference!

This is a Video made by me showing more Faces:

(Music written and performed by Haunebu)

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
reply to post by mikesingh

Actually, we cannot come into a conclusion regarding this, because in the first image taken by viking, a majority of the "destroyed" portion lies in the shadow.

I have to agree with this. Due to the shadows, there is no conclusive "before and after" comparisons. All we have are fuzzy, half-lit, decades old photos of the face before. Is it possible that there have been changes? Sure, I just don't think that there have been any man-made changes if any have even occurred.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The crowned face looks like a young man or youth, with large eyes, tossled curls, a hint of a dimple in his well carved jaw. That race was beautiful.

Here, I finally found some of what I had found before:

www.enterprisemission.com...

A close-up enlargement of this fascinating object (above – bottom), reveals an apparently "snapped off" body geometry, at least five visible cylindrical "segments," and a hint of other fossil-like features buried in the surrounding rock itself – all classic hallmarks of a former living organism!

So, what did the JPL Rover science Team do with this potentially explosive scientific find …?

They promptly ground it into powder … right before our eyes (PanCAm color image, below)!

Quoting from one correspondent, James Calhoun:

I have been a collector of marine fossils for 34 years, an amateur to be sure, but with years of field experience. When I saw the "Fossil" pic [on "Enterprise"], it was clear to me that it met a number of the basic criteria of fossilization. RCH was correct in that "scale does not matter," as the physical characteristics of the item are immediately apparent, and it is sad that the MER team did not present a professional paleontologist to comment. In that light, I have heard a varied number of explanations as to what type of fossil this could be, everything from a segmented worm (annelid) to a shrimp (crustacean). I would like you guys to consider that based on the symmetry of the object, that it could be in fact an early Crinoid, a filter feeding marine plant-like animal, a type with a calcium carbonate exoskeleton (this is Earth-based of course, the Martian exoskeleton [could] have been of a differing mineral composition). I have included a couple of pictures for symmetry and scale reference. Notice the triangular symmetry in the "branch areas," not to mention the segments, and also that the scale is inline with the "size of the blueberries." Your opinion would be most appreciated. Thanks for your time and I appreciate the work the team does." ...

What are the odds of two independent experts – who have never met, let alone talked to one another on this subject! – separately identifying this specific crinoid's fossil on a random Martian image ... and then, the precise region on Earth where it's counterpart is found?!

OK, what's a "Crinoid?"

A crinoid [sometimes called a "sea lily," because of its superficial appearance to a spreading flower (below)] is, as James Calhoun described, "a filter feeding, marine, plant-like animal …." Crinoids first appeared in Earth's primeval seas over 500 million years ago, in the so-called "Cambrian Era," climbing to dominance over the next 150 million years, before receding once again in the terrestrial fossil record. ...

The mysteries presented by this astonishing discovery are far too complex to even begin to explore in any depth here. But a few questions seem in order ….

Given that this is real, that all of us now who have independently looked at this, and come to the same conclusion -- that this could in fact be a genuine Martian fossil at Maridiani Planum -- are not delusional … what could it mean?

A few days after the acquisition of this remarkable image, NASA held a sudden "water press conference" in Washington DC. There they announced, with much fanfare, that Opportunity had discovered – via its analytical equipment, measuring the chemistry of the outcrop -- that the site it was exploring once " was soaking wet in the past." While refraining from also claiming that "Opportunity Ledge's" layers of sediments had been laid down in actual liquid water, they came very close … and hinted that this confirmation could come "as early as a few days."

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The picture I included of the crowned face is 100% undeniable evidence of past humanoid sentient life on Mars. It doesn't take straining or studying to see the incredibly beautiful portrait. Anymore than a tree, a house, a road. Eyes are the only requirement!

And other proof. All those rectangular signs for cities and artificial buildings. You ignore them. Any aircraft that sees that in a remote area on earth immediately reports a base. Savvy?

[edit on 30-5-2009 by mystiq]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
All mikes pictures he has brought up have never shown anything that even remotley comes close to showing remnants of a civilization or signs of intelligence.

Sorry I can't show you stuff resembling LAX or McCarran International airports, the Taj Mahal or the sphinx at close range on Mars! At least not as yet. But here are a couple for the road!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ad5ca0d4aaf.jpg[/atsimg]
Cydonia.

Themis source image: themis-data.asu.edu...

Original Image Courtesy: asu.edu

This 'face' on Sirenum Terra...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f583bd42820d.jpg[/atsimg]

Resembles the statues at Easter Island!

Courtesy: colonialvoyage

Now, that's as close as I can get!

Cheers!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Darn, your link says page not found. Very good images, shows very clearly an artificial object. The many images so far shown of mars do not indicate a mystery as to life. The life and ruins, and probable present day civilizations have already been established. Its the tampering and lies and those who don't see what my kids can quickly pick out, and their friends, and everyone else I've shown the websites too, including my aged grandmother, whose eyes arent as good as they used to be, that makes me get very suspicious.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Hi Mystiq,

Do you happen to know or have a link where I could download the highest resolution of this image:

I would definitely like to take a much closer look at that photograph.

Cheers,

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Greg Orme found this in one of the many piles of photos taken. This is a good site, with a link to Greg Orme's look at Mars, as well as a good embedded youtube video on anomalies.
www.ultor.org...

[edit on 30-5-2009 by mystiq]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I guess you really want those gazillion flags, eh Mike?

But more seriously, you can't compare the old picture to the new one, different angle, different resolution, massive difference in shadowing. You just can't make a decent comparison from what you've posted...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The face of Cydonia, may very well be a burial-site, according to ancient Sumerian texts, aswell as other evidence ponting to this.
A burial-site, were a Anunnaki-Leader named Alalu was supposedely buried. The face is described as having been carved out of a large rock, in honor of this great Anunnaki.

If this is the face that the texts are speaking of, is the question. Either way, much is pointing towards that may actually be the case.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
What if the face is hollow and it just collapsed in on its self. Just a thought.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Maj, try this closeup...

metaresearch.org...

M0203051a.gif

Cheers!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Haunebu

Wow that first video really laid it out for me! Thanks. I'm starting to think that three is no doubt there was an ancient civilization on Mars and if you beleive in evolution why wouldn't you be open to the possiblility there as well? Excellent Vid! Thank you!

link   
The funny thing about this is, I can actually see a military committee on this coming up with that kind of a solution:

Nasa: "We found a face on mars, anyone have an idea as to how we can keep this a secret?"

Government official: "How 'bout we nuke it."

Nasa: "Brilliant! What a perfect way to spend tax payer money!"

link   
I think the most interesting thing about this photo is the alien skull at the top. Did anyone else notice this?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

S&F Mike. As usual a great thread

Now it would be to much for me explaining the whole argument with my own words so I would strongly suggest to everyone the best and the most thorough investigation of the Face on Mars, oddities, speculations, hoaxes and so forth done by Hoagland in his book Dark Mission: The Secret History Of NASA. According to him the face not only is there and intact but has some more surprises. It depicts a human face but not entirely. Half of the face is that of a human, the other half is that of a feline (lion). This book is priceless and I would suggest to all of them who want to learn in details all the mysteries that surround this topic. Go ahead and learn for your self.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J
But more seriously, you can't compare the old picture to the new one, different angle, different resolution, massive difference in shadowing. You just can't make a decent comparison from what you've posted...

Have a look-see...

Courtesy: Metaresearch

The land slip isn't visible in this Viking image. The res does suck, but you can still make out that it's fairly smooth. Also check out the right side where the slip has occurred. The 'boundary' is pretty straight and uninterrupted. Compare this to the Mars Express image in the OP. The boundary is all broken up!

Cheers!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cookiesneedlovetoo

You know I've been staring at that photo for a while, and its driving me nuts. I mean, I try to see it as a natural formation, look at it from different angles, examine the features, and I find myself seeing as both a natural formation and an artificial creation. I try to think that; if this were actually sculpted, how it would be done, and why they (whomever) would pick a location like that. I agree with you, the skull top part is the most fascinating aspect, but it is probably the main thing that makes me believe; natural.

Regards,

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join