It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Was THAT? (Friday Market Close)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I was thinking GM too. Was this the stockholders getting their $0.70 a share out at the last moment? Perhaps hoping for a last minute white knight? (I know nothing of the markets.)

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

I spend all my time in the "UP TO THE MINUTE MARKET THREAD" - along with other various "characters" lol..

You should join the fun hahahaha

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

No, no worries brother, but again, i suggest you visit the market thread, and that will give you prob 100% of your answers you are looking for

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You have asked good questions that I have no idea what the answer is. TPTB do not care about us at all, all that matters to them is money and we are their workers. They hold us down by creating a currency which is based on debt removing that gold or silver standard. They have no empathy...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamjesusphish
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You have asked good questions that I have no idea what the answer is. TPTB do not care about us at all, all that matters to them is money and we are their workers. They hold us down by creating a currency which is based on debt removing that gold or silver standard. They have no empathy...

Yes, I don't understand people in high places, they are a different breed.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
OK guys listen up!!

Now I'm not an expert in the market but my father stopped paying for direct-TV so the only channel we had was bloomberg for a very long time. We would watch it all day long. Bloomberg is the most unbiased truthful news station out there because it does not appeal to the idiot masses in the world it appeals to the ideot minority with money. Watching it is like watching a 24hr action movie. They talk directly with the CEO of a company and they bust their balls to get the financial juice out of them.

This is what I have learned about the stock market.

#1.) There are very wealthy investors that are key players in the movement of the stock market, they have very good Intel on what is going to happen before hand.

#2.) These key players usually buy short (which means they make money when a stock they put a short on goes down). But in order to buy short now a days you need to initially trade as not short in the stock. So with your good Intel you buy a stock hold a day then you short it and make a killing when it goes down.

#3.) Once you get Intel that enough people are on board to make the stock go high again you sell your shorts and and your T Notes and come Monday you buy and make a killing as the market goes up.

#4.) You repeat the process.

Genius I tell you,

TA!! Izzy.

Edit to Add: So come Monday and for a number of weeks from now you will see a very volatile market. The little guys with brains will be jumping on the "sell short buy the ride" bandwagon. The market will go up and down but in an upward trend for maybe a month or three i don't' know but all this means is that people are gearing up for another massive short on the market. Maybe the crash.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Izarith]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

#2 is incorrect - you do not need to hold a long position to enter into a short position in a margin account

But I agree, BB is waaay more less bias than CNBC

The only reason I have CNBC on all the time, is because the news usually breaks there first (they are the dirtiest) lol

EDIT:

Oh ya, and becky quick... damn she is so fine hahaha

[edit on 31-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

You don't need a long for a short?

Well from reading your posts you seem like a man that would know lol.

But I thought I heard they made a law that you did need to long before the short? And then that totally screwed up the market lol so they took the law off. But I thought they brought it back. Ah my mistake I guess. Like i said I'm no expert, I'm just good at seeing the obvious when I am forced to watch it on only one channel for six months strait LOL!

Oh about BB I just love that Asian Berni dude he is so funny and smart too.

TA!! Izzy.

Edit to add: Hey wait one second!! not needing to buy long is one thing but I'm sure most people who know whats up buy long anyway for the double whammy right?

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Izarith]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Well they are trying to say you can short only on the uptick.. but i dont even know if that has happened yet..

I think thats what you are referring to maybe?

But shorting without holding a long position is called naked shorting - if we are talking options...

I may be a little off to what you were referring to i guess

EDIT: and btw, a cable subscription is worth the cost of seeing becky quick every morning IMO lol

[edit on 31-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Oh yea that's what it is you got it right the up tick, I remember for a while they had that going and it totally messed with the market in a negative way. So they back tracked. Sorry I don't really know what I'm talking about I'm so bad with the lingo and the actual laws really only know the jist of things.

Like for example I had planed to open a Schwab account to buy Wachovia at 1 cent but I missed the window by one double-damned day because I opened the account with a check instead of a cashiers check. I would be a very rich man right now.

I do have a crap load of stock in WAMUQ but we will see with that.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

wachovia at a penny?

didnt WFC buy wachovia?

I could be wrong though

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by Izarith

wachovia at a penny?

didnt WFC buy wachovia?

I could be wrong though

Oh yes my friend Wachovia was a one double-damned cent!!!!!

Before it was sold, oh and Wachovia was a good bank with good assets WFC just wanted something nice on their crappy balance sheet.

I'm sure if you google it it should show up.

It was only at one cent or a very short time, right around the time that I found out that you need to open a schwab account with a cashier's check if you want the funds for penny stock trading on that same day. If not it takes like 3 days to a week for your funds to clear, just a heads up. I felt like # for a whole month.

But I have done a lot of looking into the WAMU JP Morgan scandal and I'm very glad I got that at 6 cents, I am looking at two options with that, I'm screwed or the judge rules in favor of WAMU and I sell at 2.00. But I'm most likely screwed on that one too JP is a very powerful bank.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I'm throwing my computer out of the window. Let's see how far I can trust it now.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Dont go against JPM lol, you will get burnt

They and GS own this market right now - literally

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Yeah I know but The FDIC went a little to far by making it so blatantly obvious that they were in the wrong and totally upholding the sole interests of JPM that JPM might just settle so the FDIC does not get a worse image than it has. I i could be looking at a min 50 cent pay off.

But if the judge rules in favor of WAMUQ after all is said and payed off I'll be in the estimate of 3.80 so i just call it 2.00.

BTW for all the readers out there. WAMUQ is a piece of crap stock don't through your money away, if you did not get in at 2 cents or 6 like me don't even bother, I'm not advertising for a stock I own or anything I'm just telling current situation.

TA!! IZZY

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Exactly. Why would they allow hyperinflation? That would just render the truckloads of bills they stole useless. Unless they engineered all this for toilet paper?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Yes, I don't understand people in high places, they are a different breed.

Maybe different species, even?

P.S. They like pyramids and sunshine.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Having watched the market quite closely over the past couple of years, I have seen similar things happen on the way down.

Several times stocks were severly hammered going into the close in this fashion. The SEC did investigate this activity, but found nothing (that they would tell us anyway).

For me, this is a bullish signal, as previously stocks were taken down in this fashion during a downward trend, now they are being pumped back up during an upward trend.

Of course there will be a minor correction to follow in the coming days/weeks, but from what I previouly noted, this activity will occur again.

Something is going on, similar to what caused Bush et al to panic in the first place. The markets have found their bottom a few months ago, with C going for under a dollar. Any further troubles will likely lead to a weaker dollar, not lower markets.

Be careful out there guys....

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by Tentickles

I've had this thought for a while now, that someone is playing around with the markets to make things seem better than they are. I wonder what the purpose would be--to lull the world into a false sense of security, just to pull the rug out from under it?

I think the main plan is to prop the market to allow the favored players to get out of any long positions, and coax naive money back into the market before they launch "The Bomb' - which is just a way to say they sell everything short and dive the entire market to oblivion.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by rgseymour

Actually I think the opposite

Markets will rise b/c we finally got rid of something that was holding us down..

There are no fundamentals holding the US market up right now - its being supported by cash neutral buy in sell out transactions at volumes to suggest its working, when its actually dead.

The only position to be in at the moment is OUT of the market, waiting to short a manufacturer or retailer once its got a little bit of momentum. The other best place to be is taking a long view on a falling USD against the Euro, AUD, CHF or GBP. Alternatively - if you like to be a sure winner with no risk everytime - then you hold physical silver and gold.

You might make a bit trading the cycles - but you could just as easily get pulled into the big fall. Its coming - we haven't seen the bottom of the market.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Amagnon]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join