It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Was THAT? (Friday Market Close)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Oh yeah,

Its totally legal

This is a free market, dont forget.

If someone (or group) of people has done their homework, it is their advantage

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Oh yeah,

Its totally legal

This is a free market, dont forget.

If someone (or group) of people has done their homework, it is their advantage

I see.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Yeah, and you think the SEC is going to stop them even if it is...

LOL

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well the markets are always unpredictable on friday, and I watched one of my hot plays continue it's steady rise as it had all week. It had traveled from the low teens to 37 and then it spiked to 44, the usuall profit taking and shorters got involved and sent it back down. The odd thing is that it went absolutely too far down to 12. This is a very bullish stock and was able to recover back to 25 before the bell, but something tanked it in a very unusual way.

The market makers (you send a trade to your broker, and your broker sends it to the market maker who actually does the trade) are a shady bunch. I trade online and my broker uses the market maker NITE. These guys will forcibly control the market and regularly short hot running stock, and by short I mean hundreds of thousands and even millions of shares. Now no matter how badly the bulls are trying to run this stock up, the market makers are desperate to cover their shorts the next day, and to profit, that stock has to go down.

It is much easier to manipulate the market than you might think and it happens ALL THE TIME.

You will need

Plenty of capital
2 Stock Promoters working full time to to spread rumors on the internet
5 Brokers who will conspire to manipulate the price in real-time
Here

Once you have this, proceed as follows

1 - Stock promoters or other individuals will coordinate the release of negative commentary on the web (most often message boards and research reports) on Stock XYZ.

2 - Multiple stock brokers will stack very large (and fictitious) sell orders just inside the low offer (ASK) and will give off the perception that they’re aggressively competing with one another to be the first in line behind the low offer.

3 - One of these ‘competing’ brokers (inside low offer) will flash an enormously large sell order that’s below the low offer and will sell as much stock as the market will take at that price.

4 - Seconds later, another ‘competing’ broker submits a larger sell order at a lower price.

5 - Again a third ‘competing’ broker will quickly do the same followed by the 4th 5th etc.

6 - With several enormous sell orders hitting the tape within seconds of each other, most (if not all) of the bidders will reduce their price and run for cover.

7 - The ‘competing’ brokers will all hit every bid no matter how low it is. The race is on!

8 - This activity continues until almost every stop loss is out and the stock drops like a rock.

9 - As the stock takes out stop orders the brokers slowly begin to cover (and at this point are often trading back and forth amongst one another).

10 - Once the stock falls to a desired level the brokers become overall net buyers although they continue to hit any bids belonging to brokers outside of their circle to give the impression that the selling isn’t finished.
Here

NOW HERE"S THE KICKER!

In the case of the particular manipulation being talked about above. There was an ADVANCE WARNING posted on the Yahoo finance message boards ONE HOUR BEFORE the crash!!

Some snippets from that thread, posted by the same guy...or girl.

URGENT ALERT BEAR RAID @ 12 30 pm central Today 28-Apr-09 11:01 am Expect Massive BEAR RAID this afternoon @ 12 30 pm central last trade 24 suggest you sell short into strength MASSIVE BEAR RAID coming.. TODAY

Re: URGENT ALERT BEAR RAID @ 12 30 pm central Today 28-Apr-09 11:07 am Suggest you SELL SHORT last trade 24.09 continue to sell short on any additional strength ahead of 12 20 pm presentation by 12 30 pm today you will witness a MASSIVE BEAR RAID DNDN

Yahoo Finance Board

Now, We may have gone a bit off topic but I did it as a demonstration for those who don't pay much attention to the market, other than the dribble you might hear from the MSM

This kind of thing is business as usual on Wall Street, we are talking about a whole different class of people, I mean these guys literally live in another world, and manipulate amounts of money that you can hardley wrap your mind around. They couldn't care less what happens to us or how their manipulations affect our lives. These are the guys who make insider deals over cigars and brandy to cause things like this to happen.

I would wager that one of the following happend.

Somebody made a huge amount of money
or
Someone avoided loosing a huge amount of money

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

LOL DENDRION

I followed that, that day.

But I do believe him, he knew that was coming, because that has happened before with those types of stocks.. there were many posts on many websites talking about this..

It was funny though, I happened to watch that all go down live.

Also, what stock are you talking about at the top of your post with that movement?

I cant think of one.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

What your article though really doesn't point out is that

1. Dendrion was supposed to be halted at that time, it WAS NOT HALTED B/C OF THAT DROP

2. NASDAQ said all trades stand

Remember, this stock jumped from 8-22 or something..

So everyone put in sell stops to cover their positions.

It was a group that was very smart and took out all the STOPS going down.

These people had a great knowledge of market depth at that time.

Like it or not, they are geniuses in my book, and I would do that same, given that opportunity, and wouldn't blink an eye.

That article you posted sucks IMO, but I understand where you are coming from

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Green,

Sorry, but you are wrong...GM's bankruptcy will affect the markets...people care and they care alot!

GM's bankruptcy affects millions of people, people that will soon be unemployed. That alone will greatly effect the markets as the job less rates will rise dramatically.

FYI

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rgseymour

Hey man,

Im really not wrong, and GM has already been priced into the market place long ago.

But you are entitled to your opinion, we can agree to disagree

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The reason the stock rose at the end of the day was due to the release of the commodies report.

Traders held out until it was released...cause a high volume in sales...

MSM stated Friday that Energy and Metals all increased, increased values in precious metals is normal when the USD is devalued, as it is today.

Monday will be interesting with GM's bankruptcy filling...another industry titan falls away!

Stock prices will start positive, but will head south quick...it will depend on the foreign markets.

My take on the matter!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Actually I think the opposite

Markets will rise b/c we finally got rid of something that was holding us down..

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

My apologies, you are correct about GM being priced into the market.

The market will suffer for GM's bankruptcy...forcing many other companies into bankruptcy...the trickle down effect!

The jobless rate will rise dramatically!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Priced in

Priced in

and

Priced in

LOL

The arbitragers and big money dont let ANYTHING get past them, not even for one second..

If you know something (retail) they knew either 2 seconds b4 you or will make it so you lose on your assumption.

I promise.. Ive been BLASTED before lol (buyx) hahahaa

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I have been there and I'm sure I will be there again...

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Remember, this stock jumped from 8-22 or something..

This article about DNDN and the proveng news?

I can tell you with great confidence that the DNDN crash last Tuesday was not caused by a “broker error” like everyone and their brother seems to be speculating this week. Nor was it due to a huge pile of stop losses being taken out all at once. It was actually a well-orchestrated play by a combination of hedge funds, high net worth investors, stock brokers and promoters.

Before I get to what really happened with DNDN and the stock halt, let’s review the actual events affecting Denedron (DNDN) today:

The SEC Halted DNDN securities trading at 1:27pm on April 28, 2009. Just minutes prior, the stock had fallen suddenly from a price of $24.60/share to under $8/share in barely a minute. There were over 4,000 trades placed during in the blink of an eye totaling about 3 million shares (about 50% of the average daily volume).

This all took place on the same afternoon that DNDN was scheduled to release trial data of their blockbuster drug, Provenge.
Here

Admittedly it is a blog, but it wasn't represented as MSM. I posted it for an example of how behind the scenes conspiracy can manipulate the stock market.

Also it tanked, not rose, and where can I find that is was a schedualed halt??

Watch for U2U

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Yeah, I mean ive been taught some lessons, then Ive been taken to the woodshed and beat down with a steel crowbar lol (and that was buyx)

Ive also scored huge (sonic foundry) back in the old days lol..

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Yes, dendrion was scheduled to be halted

The CEO was on CNBC pre-halt that morning if I remember correctly

The person posting that stuff on yahoo IMO was going be historical evidence of this happening before.

Now, of course, people are quick to jump all over him for this..

But, he is a pretty smart guy IMO

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

And also, as soon as it tanked, it opened back up 2 to 5 points (cant remember) HIGHER THAN WHEN IT DROPPED!!!

So the only people that were pissed, were the people that got stopped out of their long positions.

To them I say, too bad, so sad. That is the game you play.

Thats why i hate stoplosses, but thats a whole nother' story again lol

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Also....

As soon as this happened, I went to NASDAQ.com and looked at all the trades,

They were all round lots of 100

What does that tell you..

#1. I dont think that level 2 chart in your article is correct at all, infact i think its false and disinformation

#2. All retail got stopped out (classic 100 share blocks for retail people)

Thats all my opinion though, I could be wrong, but I dont think i am

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I want to know more about the comment made to the former sec of treasury in the bush administration. He raised questions about the debt, the fed and the wars, spending ect.

Cheney replied.

"We don't have to worry about the deficit"

Does that mean leave it for obama? Does that mean they can spend as much money they want from the international bankers to 'get the job done'? It seems more evil coming from cheney. Watch the movie I.O.U.S.A to see the quote.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I know nothing of markets, but interpreting info from the MSM, i think GM going bankrupt will be beneficial for TPTB and their cohorts.

Isn't this chapter 11 thingy, just a ruse to make more money out of GM assets?

Here's an interesting snippet:

Plenty of observers believe that this suffering would be worthwhile, of course, if a stronger company emerged from bankruptcy.

As airlines and steelmakers have done, GM could use Chapter 11 to rewrite union contracts, potentially enabling it to slash retiree benefits and close plants without having to pay furloughed workers. The auto maker could even dump tarnished brands and get bankruptcy court protection from dealer lawsuits. "Bankruptcy could do great things for GM"

Source

Also, in the UK MSM are giving the usual crap about fuel price increase (£1.03per litre), which is convenient with summer just round the corner

Anyone would think the machinations of the economy is orchestrated

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join