It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The god Paradox And The Choice Offered To You

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It's interesting how free choice and our actions and it's perception can change with time and increased knowledge.

A great example is smoking, over 25 years ago when I flew for the first time people were still smoking on planes, the non-smoking section was suppose to keep the smoke away from you, what a joke that was.

Over time smoking has become banned in more and more public locations because of the real danger of second hand smoke, a now proven physical danger. When these rules first started to be implemented smokers rallied our free choice are rights are being taken away, but it was done for the health of those around them that knew better and decided not to smoke or didn't want to be around second hand smoke.

This was a choice that was taken away. Was that bad or good?

God does the same to us, because he knows what harms us physically, mentally and emotionally he makes certain rules for us to abide by. We can choose not to abide by them, but in time we will suffer the consequences in some manner or other.

We have limited free choice, unlimited free choice gets us into trouble, I can jump naked from the top of the Empire State Building claiming it's my free choice, unfortunately the law/rule of gravity will punish me within seconds.

God's laws work just like gravity we cannot escape them, over time they will catch up with us, free choice or not.

The truth is that if you commit spiritual suicide by forever ignoring God's standards(the equivalent of jumping of the Empire State Building) he won't allow you to be tortured forever in a place called hell, but he won't let you exist either.

This is the endgame
Follow God's Principles = Live Forever (via resurrection for most)
Ignore God's Principles = Death and subsequent non-existence.

I have actually had people say that's a good deal to them, they will do whatever they want for their lifespan then die forever, they will take that trade off.

The question every human on this planet needs to ask themselves is;
Is that a good deal?
Is eternal non-existence, worth ignoring all God's laws for the rest of your life?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
What I've always wondered is if god is truly forgiving, then why won't he forgive me for not believing in him? It's his own fault I don't really believe in him, because he has never shown himself to me. (And yes, I went to church when I was younger.) The thing that turned me off to god was all the evidence that stacked up against creationism. There are mountains and mountains of evidence that supports evolution, yet there is only one thing that supports creationism... the bible.

What gets me is how all the religious folks try to prove creationism is real by using the bible as a reference. That's called circular logic. It's like saying a red pen is blue because the pen said so.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mookie89

What I've always wondered is if god is truly forgiving, then why won't he forgive me for not believing in him?

If you could somehow go through life without serving a false god, you would be better off, in my opinion, than most.
The problem is that if you read things like the founders of the UN, they state that globalism is a religion. Now the bankers are going all out to promote their belief system. Will you worship at their altar?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

No I will not. I worship nothing but my body and my loved ones.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mookie89
reply to post by jmdewey60

No I will not. I worship nothing but my body and my loved ones.

Keep yourself pure and you need no God.
Not as simple as it seems.
The world is full of idols and the world itself is an idol.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join