It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dengue Fever rising in Pacific Rim with Influenza numbers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Yes you are right, Dengue can be found on tropical temperatures and has been known to spread as north as southern parts of Florida.

And yes is a mosquito and once you get the dengue you don't get it again, but now with mutations going on around you never know.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
I am by no means an expert, But Dengue and swine flu are seperated by temperature.

...Dengue is spread by a mosquito which is far more active during the summer months and as we enter our winter period the numbers of dengue sufferers are dropping and the numbers of swine flu are on the rise.

Just thought I would point that out.

True - BUT. Everything is changing - H5N1 and now H1N1 are extending into summer - unprecedented for flu because heat kills the virus. Conversely, viruses that die off during cold months are surviving much longer.

Point being - the active periods for both warm and cold weather viruses are extending in both directions - so the potential for co-infections -and recombination- in a host is also increasing dramatically.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
CD - here's a link for the disappeared "WHO to declare a pandemic level 6 in 10 days" story.

WHO closer to declaring H1N1 flu outbreak a pandemic

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Yes you are right, Dengue can be found on tropical temperatures and has been known to spread as north as southern parts of Florida.

And yes is a mosquito and once you get the dengue you don't get it again, but now with mutations going on around you never know.

I was under the impression that there are at least 4 strains of Dengue and if you catch the another strain it can be fatal.
It is one of those diseases that your body does not build up a resistance to.

we have had one death from Dengue this year, the deceased was an elderly person

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Well as I was growing up in the 60s and 70s it was one dengue and that was it.

But like I said things change and even my mother got the new strain during the 90s, never unheard off, the hemorrhagic kind so you may be right, the ways thinks are developing now we may have more than one strain.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
For Sofi- and others- looking for the links to imminent pandemic:

www.infowars.com...

www.nowpublic.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Sofi-

I've been hunting for reports of Dengue in S. America- especially as they go into autumn, and so many people are taking ill with flu there, but haven't heard a PEEP from any news source. Have you come across anything on the topic? I'm curious if there's any relationship between the rise of the two diseases, relative to each other.

Thanks!

[edit on 10-6-2009 by CultureD]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

And the WHO meets tonight (again)- or today, really, if you're in geneve-

to discuss the declaration of Level 6. Looks like 10 days wasn't too far off.....

Take care, everyone

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
June 15, 2009-

Returning students being prepared for A/H1N1 and Dengue simultaneously as rainy season begins in Tacloban City:

www.abs-cbnnews.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Not sure if you caught this one:

Ninety percent viral flu dengue related

Medical experts have confirmed that the viral flu sweeping many parts of the country mainly was 90 percent dengue cases, Healthcare and Nutrition Ministry sources said.

Blood specimens sent to the Singapore State University for laboratory investigation confirmed that 19 out of 20 blood specimens are dengue related.

The Ministry has decided to send these blood specimens to the Singapore State University after considering the high death rate reported during the last five months. .....Ministry sources said the university will carry out further laboratory investigations to find out the reason for the rapid shock symptom common in dengue patients.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

S-
I did catch that- but have limited posting ability these days. It's in the 90s here and it is not doing great things for my spine, so thank you for posting. More when I'm able.

In wellness

C

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join